Studying economics at one of the US universities will open the way to a career as a quality specialist in many areas of human activity. To obtain an economic education, it is necessary to have mathematical abilities and a good mathematical base, regardless of the chosen narrow specialty.
Economics, in addition to studying economic processes, is also engaged in forecasting economic situations. In this she is helped by econometrics - a scientific discipline that deals with the qualitative and quantitative study of economic relationships using mathematical methods. This discipline related to data processing originated at the intersection of other classical sciences:
Students who choose this direction study:
- Analysis of statistics of socio-economic processes
- Analysis of financial and accounting statements of organizations
- Economic data processing tools
- Standard theoretical and econometric models.
Graduates with the specialty "Econometrics" can choose a profession:
- Business Analyst for Process Optimization
- Corporate Risk Specialist (Chief Economist)
- Market Risk Management Specialist
Universities in the United States also offer training in a dual program - economics and econometrics (double degree). Graduates with a diploma in economics are in demand:
- In banking and lending
- In journalism
- In the tax authorities
- In politics
- In creating your own business
- In insurance organizations
- In the field of media and communications
- In the economic departments and services of organizations.
Best economics & econometrics universities in USA 2022 - QS World University rankings