University of Texas at Austin
Description of University of Texas at Austin
- Established: 1883
- Location: Austin, Texas, USA
- Students age: 18+
- Number of students: 51,000
- Language of instruction: English
- Type of studying: mixed.
The State University of Texas at Austin is one of the largest in the country and the largest in Texas. The university is actively engaged in research that is significant for society, attracting students and teachers to solving the problems and challenges of science. The amount of funding for scientific research at the university is more than $ 400 million!
- 1st place in Texas
- 9th place in the USA among public universities
- 41st in the world.
Traditional approaches are harmoniously combined with innovation, allowing you to improve and update programs. The university offers a wide range of specialties - humanitarian, technical, classical and narrow profile. Faculties:
- School of Engineering
- Medical school
- College of Education
- Humanities College
- Faculty of Natural Sciences
- Additional education
- Business School
- Public relations
- Architectural Academy
- School of Informatics
- Law school
- Social work
- Earth Sciences.
A public institution with 9 academic universities and 6 government medical institutions has become a center of knowledge and creativity, making a huge contribution to the development of the state. 7 graduates of the university became Nobel laureates in areas such as medicine, physiology, chemistry, physics and literature. The following directions are especially strong:
- Engineering - the university's engineering school is in the top 10 schools of this profile, a leader in the field of technological progress and engineering education. School graduates work in all industries, from space to healthcare;
- College of Education - founded back in 1891, the main areas of studying: kinesiology, health education, special education for people with disabilities and educational psychology;
- Nursing school - leading in the country, with vast experience, prepares students for practical medicine;
- School of Business - offers one of the best MBA programs that nurture future leaders at an international level.
Education is built on the American model, which is characterized by the absence of hierarchical relations between students and teachers, debate and active discussion aimed at intellectual growth and broadening one's horizons. The teaching staff includes more than 3000 respected teachers.
The university has been repeatedly named the most athletic in the country, with students from the University of Texas at Austin having won 88 Olympic medals. In 2011, the university opened the Longhorn Network sports TV channel, one of the most popular in its field. In 2008, the university's athletic team was ranked 5th in the country.
Place in the rankings (in the world and in the USA) in 2020-2021:
- Shanghai ARWU Rank = 25 in USA
- Forbes = 76
- Washington Monthly = 77
- US News & World Report = 42
- ARWU-Global = 41
- QS = 71
- THE = 44.
The university has a developed student exchange system - on the site you can find a variety of programs for students wishing to study a semester in another country:
- 4400 students study or undergo an internship at a foreign partner university
- 3rd place in the USA is occupied by the University of Texas in the degree of activity in exchange programs
- $ 1,200,000 - the size of the annual scholarship fund for studying abroad
- 85% of graduates consider the experience of studying in another country as one of the most significant during their studies at the university.
- Michael Dell, entrepreneur, founder of the largest tech company Dell , philanthropist and writer
- Laura Bush, former lady of the United States
- Robert Rodriguez, film director
- Roger Clemens, MLB pitcher, seven-time Cy Young winner
- Alan Bean, astronaut
- Eli Wallach, actor
- Ruth Ellis Allen
- Matthew McConaughey, actor and producer
- Janis Joplin, singer.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in University of Texas at Austin
Accommodation, meals, prices
The University of Texas has a developed infrastructure, which includes student residences with different price ranges and levels of comfort.
Activities University of Texas at Austin
More than 1,300 student organizations operate on campus. The university has rich traditions in organizing sports events, there are sections:
- Golf Club
- Dance school
Communities and clubs of interest:
- Engineering school
- Association of Pharmacists
- Geographers club
- Environmental Protection
- Eloquence and Debate Club.
Facilities and equipment at University of Texas at Austin
Texas is an educational center, which houses several top educational institutions, including the University of Texas. The university is located in Austin, known for its high pace of business development and cultural attractions, offering tremendous opportunities for realization for scientists, engineers, athletes and artists.
The University of Texas is located in the heart of Austin, on a 437-acre urban campus. The campus includes 9 academic universities and 6 public medical institutions. The beautiful campus with modern facilities receives many positive rankings from students. The symbol of the university is a bull named Bevo, and the colours of the university are orange and white. The main building is located a kilometer from the Texas Congress.
- Educational buildings
- 7 museums
- 17 libraries
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The admission rate is 39%: the admissions committee selects the most talented students with good English. Step-by-step admission procedure:
- Applying through one of the platforms: ApplyTexas, Coalition for College Access, Affordability, and Success
- Filling out a questionnaire on the platform
- Payment of the registration fee
- Essays (500-700 words)
- School Status and Student Assessment Report
- Certificate with a transcript in subjects and an extract of grades from 9 to 11 grades
- Copies of the results of the official exams taken after high school graduation (all translated into English)
- SAT / ACT results
- TOEFL = 79 or IELTS = 6.5
- Summary and recommendations (optional) .
Early admission application deadline = November 1st. You will receive a notification by February 1, for regular admission, by December 1, notification = by March1.
Scholarships University of Texas at Austin
An enrolled applicant is automatically considered for a number of scholarships, but a limited number of programs are available for international students. Applicants can contact university colleges to clarify which scholarships they can apply for. The scholarship - from 25 to 00 $ 11 $ 300. Examples:
- Global Leadership - $ 2,500 for Fall and Spring semesters. It is issued to students with high academic results, leadership qualities, subject to active participation in the life of the campus and public organizations.
- Jerry D. Wilcox Scholarship - $ 2,500 awarded to students with outstanding academic achievement
- International Education Fee (IEF) Scholarship - covers tuition for 4 years
- General ISSS Financial Aid - 2500 $ -3500 $ for students in difficult financial situations.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about University of Texas at Austin
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.