Description of Harvard University
Harvard University is the oldest university in America. Harvard University in American Cambridge - the most famous and prestigious educational institution of the country. Annualy, it leads national rankings as a university of international importance. In TOP-10 prestigious universities abroad it takes a second place. In the US, Harvard is a part of the Ivy League.
The University has been working since 1636. Modern Harvard is more than 350-year-old educational traditions, openness to innovations, orientation to development and technological, academic improvement. Among the teachers (acting and former), there are 44 Nobel Prize laureates. Teaching in the university is conducted by experienced teachers. Each of them has more than one year of practical activity in a particular field.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Harvard University
Accommodation, meals, prices
Students live in comfortable residences on campus. First-year students are accommodated in hostels in the Harvard area. Sophomores live in 12 university homes. Each of them is a separate structure with its managers, a group of curator educators, rules of conduct and traditions. Each house has cozy rooms with private facilities, seating areas, a cinema screening hall, a student kitchen-dining room. Some buildings have their own sports grounds and theaters.
No food is provided. Students are offered self-service. Students can also eat on campus in cafeterias.
Subject list: Health Politics, Accounting and Management BA, African and African American Studies, American Studies, anthropology, applied sciences, Archaeology (PhD), Architecture, Art, Asian Studies, BA, astronomy, bioengineering, Biological sciences, biology, Biomedical Sciences, biophysics, Biostatistics, Chemical Physics, chemistry, Classics, Comparative Literature BA, computer science, Computer Science BSc, Computing Science, Data Science, Earth Science , economics, education, engineering, Environmental science, Environmental studies, finance, Folklore and Mythology, Gender studies, Government, health and human sciences, history, History of art, History of Science, immunology, Information Technology, international relations, Leadership, linguistics, literature, Machinery manufacturing, marketing, maths, Medical sciences, Middle East Studies, molecular biology, music, Near Eastern Languages and Civilizations , Neuroscience, Organizational Behavior, philosophy, physics, Physiology and Philosophy BA (Hons), Political science, politics, Psychology, Religion, sociology, Statistics, Technology Management, theater, Visual Studies, administration
Activities Harvard University
There is no time for students to get bored in their spare time. They offer a lot of entertainment and cognitive programs. Among the first - parties, discos, film screenings, theatrical evenings. Lovers of cognitive rest are waiting for 10 museums located on the campus. Here students can get acquainted with mineralogical, geological, archeological, botanical, anatomical, technical collections collected over several centuries of university faculties.
All conditions for sports are also created. Students can engage in:
- Water polo
Also there are available archery, rowing, many types of martial arts, kendo, frisbee, figure skating, yoga circles.
The schedule for each course is compiled individually. The daily routine is also determined by the type of studying. The main components of the Harvard University student day are academic studies or practice in laboratories, self-studying, social events, recreation.
- Harvard University, ranked second in terms of prestige in the world, is known for the high quality of educational services and outstanding academic, career results of its graduates. The university was completed by US presidents, world-class scientists, outstanding businessmen, managers. It's one of the best options for obtaining higher education in America.
- The university is distinguished by its brilliant teaching staff. Nobel laureates, leading specialists of the world, who have received many prestigious awards and awards work with the students.
- These are great opportunities for academic, creative, physical development. On the campus of the university in USA, occupying an area of 2,000 hectares, all conditions for effective studying, comfortable living, playing sports and creativity are created.
- On the Bachelor's programs, 10 students study at 50% of the courses. Small groups provide the opportunity to effectively supervise the learning process and complete immersion in subjects.
- Harvard University is known as one of the leading research centers in the United States. In the university, young professionals, in particular students of the Magistracy, are given a lot of opportunities for academic development in a particular scientific field.
- This is quality education and active social life. On campus for students more than 4 hundred clubs and circles work.
Facilities and equipment at Harvard University
The Harvard Campus is a typical example of American architecture. Here, each house has its own history. The oldest building (1720) serves as the administrative building of the university. Studying blocks are equipped with modern classrooms. Each of them is equipped with computer, interactive equipment. In the research centers, laboratories were opened. Their material and technical base is considered to be one of the best in the United States.
The library of the university has a huge amount of information resources in print and electronic form. Sports infrastructure is represented by athletic complexes and centers, a swimming pool, a multitude of sports grounds, courts and special zones. Also on campus there are cafeterias, a canteen, several shops. The university also has its own art galleries, museums, theaters, cinemas. On the campus there is even its own forest, a natural scientific laboratory of biology students.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Harvard University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.