Boston University is a private research institute. Located in Boston, a student city, in addition to this university are such universities as MIT and Harvard. Boston University was originally founded by the church organization, the original charter of the university says that anyone, regardless of gender, race and religion, can get education at this university. The democratic values of Boston University have made it one of the most prestigious educational institutions in the world.
Boston University has an excellent reputation for a broad educational institution. The strongest areas in the university, according to QS estimates, are mass communications, psychology and dentistry. An excellent reputation is enjoyed by the programs of studying biology, accounting, business management, mathematics and pharmacology.
BU is a member of many American associations of research universities. University scientists conduct research in the most promising areas of science. The most productive developments and cited works are articles in the fields of general medicine, economics and linguistics. Experts also note the high level of research results of the scientists of the Faculty of Social Sciences and Management.
Gina Davis is a famous actress, model, producer and screenwriter, winner of the Golden Globe Award.
Alexander Graham Bell is an inventor who gave the world telephony, a metal detector, an audiometer and a vacuum pump.
William Howard Taft is a teacher at Boston University in 1918-1921, the 27th President of the United States.
Osamu Simomura - a scientist who discovered green fluorescent protein, for which he received the Nobel Prize.
There are rumors that Chireithon Hall is a ghost. Students living in the hostel talk about strange things happening on the fourth floor. There is an involuntary stop of elevators and flickering of lights. There are speculations that the rumors are caused by the fact that on the fourth floor Eugene O'Neill died, Nobel laureate and playwright.
The official talisman of BU in 1917 was the Boston Terrier. Chose it not by accident. This breed of dogs was bred in the year of the foundation of the university - in 1839 year.
Observatory of the University The Judson B. Coit is available every Wednesday for all comers, so anyone can admire the constellations on this day.
Information on the training program can be found on the official website of the school.
The buildings owned by Boston University are located on the banks of the Charles River, in the heart of the city. The main BU campus includes the College of Arts and Sciences, the Law School, the Theological Faculty and the Mugar Library. In the Western campus there are student dormitories, playgrounds and sports grounds.
The university has a separate student housing complex. Hostels can accept all university students, both local and foreigners. Also, Boston University concludes special agreements with small hotels, so students can live there if they want.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.