Studying abroad is a step into a new world of opportunities. Studying in another country is useful acquaintances, interesting undergraduate programs, unique specialties, bright student life and travel. The most important point in this matter is the choice of the country of study, which directly depends on you: on your financial condition, knowledge of languages and personal preferences.
Main steps of admission to bachelor's programs for foreign students abroad:
- Select country
- Determine your desires, choose a future specialty
- Select University
- Start saving money to pay for the program
- Learn all the basic information about the specialty and the process of submitting documents (deadlines, package of documents)
- Collect a package of documents in advance
- Apply to the consulate for a visa
- Pass the entrance exams to the university
- Get an invitation and prepare to leave.
Top-notch options for a bachelor's degree are Australia, Canada, the United States and the United Kingdom.
Main reasons to study in Australia
- English environment
- International community
- High quality education
- Academic freedom
- Possibility of further employment.
The main requirements for admission to higher education programs in Australia are a good level of English and the necessary package of documents:
- Documents on previous education
- IELTS/TOEFL Certificate
- Motivation letter
If you have received a complete secondary education in one of the schools in Russia or the CIS, you can enroll in a preparatory program (Foundation) at one of the educational institutions in Australia. These programs last 1 year and are created specifically for foreigners who are going to enter Australian universities. As part of the preparatory program, students receive language preparation and preparation in subjects, develop academic skills.
TOP Universities in Australia for foreign students:
- Australian National University — 23 401$
- University of Queensland — 20 602$
- University of Sydney — 28 300$
- Macquarie University — 17 000$
- University of Wollongong — 20 460$
- Curtin University — 24 905$
- Sydney Institute of Technology — 25 399$
- Griffith University — 18 696$.
It is worth considering University of Melbourne = from $ 30,000 / year.
According to the national academic ranking, the University of Melbourne is the leader among higher education institutions in Australia. At the same time, it occupies the 32nd position of the world ranking of the most prestigious places of education on the planet. The most popular areas of education, which occupy priority places in various rating lists:
- Art history.
The structure of the university also includes the Specialized Australian Institute, which trains mathematicians.
Usually, for admission to the bachelor's program, it is necessary to present a certificate of completed secondary education (a school certificate of the CIS country is sufficient) and a certificate of knowledge of English (or French).
Main package of documents for admission to a bachelor's degree in a Canadian university:
- Transcript of school grades
- TOEFL or IELTS certificate
- Official Application
- Certificates of completion of preparatory courses.
Best universities in Canada:
- McGill University — 7600$
- University of British Columbia — 6000$
- Simon Fraser University — 8500$
- Dahlhouse University — 7000$
- Victoria University — 19 030$
- Laval University — 24 602$.
It is worth trying to enter the University of Waterloo = from $ 17,600 / year.
The University of Waterloo is located in the top ten universities in Canada and is constantly in the top 5% of the best universities in the world.
First-class universities in the United States for foreign students:
- Harvard University — 66 900$
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology — 58 240$
- California Institute of Technology — 48 111$
- Princeton University — 43 720$
- University of Chicago — 45 000$
- UC Berkeley — 32 756$
- University of Michigan — 39 000$.
Consider admission to Columbia University = $22,000/semester. Columbia University is one of the most authoritative and oldest higher education institutions in America.
Reasons to study at Columbia University
- A university in the top 10 best universities in the world
- Convenient location
- Quality education
- Comfortable learning environment
- Active social life
- Multicultural environment.
In the UK, the bachelor's program will not be able to enter immediately after the end of the 11th grade - you must pass the A-Level or Foundation program in order to enter an English university. The fact is that the British and Russian education systems are different, so admission to a UK university immediately after a Russian school is impossible. Undergraduate programs in the UK are considered one of the best in the world, so it's definitely worth a try.
Universities in the UK, which are the most popular with foreign students:
- University of Cambridge — 24 831$
- University of Oxford — 20 676$
- University College London — 25 237$
- King's College London — 19 948$
- London School of Economics and Political Science — 22 310$
- University of Nottingham — 26 339$
- University of Birmingham — 19 095$
- Sheffield University — 23 130$.
Be sure to consider at the University of Bristol - one of the modern English universities (from 4900 £ / semester).
Advantages of studying at University of Bristol
- Top university (8th place in the ranking of universities in the UK)
- Relevance and uniqueness
- Interesting programs.
The University of Bristol offers 330 educational programs in the following faculties:
- Life Sciences
- Health Sciences
- Social Sciences and Law.
Undoubtedly, you can consider other countries: Spain, Italy, France, Malta and Cyprus. The most budget options are Malta and Cyprus.
If you want to study at the university for a minimum fee or for free, it is recommended to pay attention to Austria, Germany, Finland and the Czech Republic. Education in these countries in the official language will either be free or the fee will include only for an administrative fee = about $ 1000 / year (this applies to Austria and Germany). In many universities in Finland, education in Finnish is free, but in other state universities, studying is also inexpensive - from $ 1000 to $ 2500 / year. In the Czech Republic, education in Czech is free, and the Czech language is similar to Russian, so you can learn it in a year and immediately enter a local university. Bachelor's degree programs in English in these countries are also available, but they will cost significantly more.
For example, if we consider one of the most budget countries - Cyprus - the average price of the bachelor's degree will be about $ 10,000-13,000.
Most popular universities in Cyprus
- University of Cyprus
- University of Nicosia
- Frederick University
- European University
- Open University of Cyprus.
Visa requirements for foreign students
To go to study abroad, you will need to apply for a student visa. The main package of documents for a visa includes:
- Passport and its copies
- Bank certificate of availability of funds
- Medical insurance
- Copies of the Russian passport.
The remaining documents are specified for each country individually.