Description of Frederick University
- Established: 1965
- Location: Nicosia, Limassol, Cyprus
- Number of students: 6000
- Language of instruction: English, Greek
- Type: private.
Frederick University was established in 1965, but received university status only in 2007, previously functioned as a college. University campuses are located in the two largest cities in Cyprus - Nicosia and Limassol.
The university offers a wide selection of specialties in the field of media, art, architecture, business, science, engineering, healthcare, humanities and education.
One of the main principles of the educational institution is a guide to scientific activity. This problem is solved thanks to laboratories equipped to the latest standards. Frederick University invests several million annually to modernize laboratories and purchase the necessary equipment. Over the past 10 years, the university has taken part in 100 scientific research organized by the UN, EU, and the Foundation for the Promotion of Scientific Research.
The university is a member of the IAESTE organization, which is engaged in student exchange programs, and a member of the Erasmus + program. Thanks to this, students can go on a summer internship (6-8 weeks) or on an annual practical training in other universities.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Frederick University
- The university is constantly modernizing: over the past ten years, the number of students has doubled and the infrastructure of the educational institution has improved
- The university has a European accreditation system, which allows students to transfer to other universities and accumulate loans
- High selection criteria for teaching staff
- You can start your studies at a time convenient for the student - in autumn or spring
- Cooperation of the educational institution with a large number of enterprises and organizations
- The action of the Da Vinci program, which allows students to undergo practical training at European enterprises.
Facilities and equipment at Frederick University
The university consists of two campuses, both offer students excellent conditions for studying, living, free time.
The university has many research laboratories:
- Digital Image Processing Laboratory
- Medical laboratories
- Energy Systems Laboratories
- Seismic Analysis Laboratory
- Solid Fuel Characterization Laboratory
- Laboratory for wastewater treatment, etc.
The university is famous for its library, which is considered one of the largest in Cyprus. Students gain access to millions of books and articles, the reading room is equipped with computers and office equipment.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
- Certificate of general secondary education
- Certificate of knowledge of English at least IELTS 5.0
- Some programs require an internal math exam.
- Bachelor's degree with statement of marks
- Motivation letter
- Certificate of English Proficiency at least IELTS 6.0
- Two letters of recommendation.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Frederick University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.