Open University of Cyprus
Description of Open University of Cyprus
- Established: 2002
- Type of institution: State Higher Educational Institution
- Location: Nicosia, Cyprus
- Language of instruction: Greek, English.
Open University of Cyprus (OUC) was founded in 2002 and is a modern and innovative state university in Cyprus. The flexible methodology of open and distance education in the educational institution made it possible to create new prospects for both classical education and continuous learning. OUC programs provide the opportunity to use the latest state-of-the-art e-learning technologies and interactive tools to earn a prestigious degree.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Open University of Cyprus
- The educational institution is among TOP-10 best universities in the country, occupying the 5th position in the ranking
- OUC actively participates in the European and international environment of higher education and research through networks of educational institutions and associations, joint research and educational projects and the Erasmus + mobility program
- The university offers distance learning and scholarship programs to its students.
Facilities and equipment at Open University of Cyprus
The main campus of the institution is located in Nicosia - the capital of Cyprus. The material and technical base of the university includes:
- The library
- Algorithmic Transparency Research Center
- Laboratories - in educational technology, terrestrial ecosystem management, cybersecurity and telecommunications, chemical engineering and sustainable development.
Admission dates and extra charges
The university has a two-semester academic year.
- Cost of living in Nicosia = 451 € -871 € / month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the educational institution, you must submit an online application, provide documents about education and the level of English proficiency.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Open University of Cyprus
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.