- Features of English language courses in Oxford
- Accommodation in English courses in Oxford
- Prices of English language courses in Oxford
Learning English in Oxford is a great way to get to know the English language! Language schools and Oxford centers are open to anyone from anywhere in the world. Learn about the features of teaching English language courses in Oxford in this article and do not forget that Smapse experts are always ready to help you in choosing language courses.
To date, learning English at a good level is a stable trend of the modern world, because in almost every area of life you may need knowledge of English. Learning English in Oxford is the choice of champions, because Oxford is a legendary and world famous educational center where the best educational institutions of not only Great Britain but also the world are concentrated! English language courses at Oxford schools, colleges and universities provide high-quality educational services, offering balanced educational programs that effectively combine study and rest, which allows students in English language courses not only to improve their English proficiency, but also to gain a unique experience of living in Great Britain among students from different countries of the world. The main advantage in teaching English at English language courses in Oxford is precisely this highly balanced curriculum, because the cultural program, excursions and various activities will make it possible to get the maximum pleasure and benefit from the English language courses in Oxford . Students of language courses in Oxford after classes are free to walk around the city and its environs, and also to travel to other nearby cities and regions, to explore the most famous sights of the UK and much more. As a result, the course's students have a wonderful time!
Features of English language courses in Oxford
Welcome to Oxford - a unique center of prestigious and high-quality English education, a wonderful and beautiful city with a unique British architecture. This university town is located in the homonymous county, Oxfordshire, which is only 80 km from London, so students of English language courses in Oxford can easily visit the capital of Great Britain. It is worth noting that Oxford, along with Cambridge , is the oldest university city in the UK, and therefore the most eminent and prestigious. The magnificent combination of beautiful old architecture and modern colors of busy student life in the city, located in the middle of picturesque countryside scenery, allow us to state with confidence that the experience of living and teaching English in Oxford will not leave anyone indifferent and everyone will like it!
In Oxford, there are a lot of different language schools and other educational institutions that offer English language courses to those who want to come from all over the world. Of course, the legendary Oxford University , as well as many famous Oxford schools offer very good preparation. All this allows anyone who wants to choose the English language course in Oxford for themselves: their goals and the level of the English language, as well as the budget. At the same time, we draw your attention to the fact that for children of any age, as well as for adults in Oxford, language courses are offered, designed for a certain age and purposes of education. So, to children under the age of 12 the most suitable, interesting and useful will be the English language courses on the basis of the summer children's camp at language schools. Such camps are designed primarily to organize an unforgettable and eventful recreation for children, during which they at the same time will receive new knowledge of English and will be able to improve their level of language skills. It may seem that the lessons of the English language do not belong in the summer camp for children, but the curriculum is built in such institutions in a way that is not at all perceived as an academic load - teachers teach children in a free and easy, even friendly manner, with the help of games, competitions, etc. As for older children, they can enroll for general English language courses in Oxford or for courses in preparation for entering universities in England , as well as effectively prepare for the test of English. In addition, multidirectional language courses for employees of international companies , middle and senior managers, investors, exchange traders, etc. are offered for professionals in this or that field who wish to improve their qualifications. Such courses of English will allow in the future to claim higher positions by providing a significant competitive advantage in the resume.
In general, it is possible to present English language courses in Oxford in the form of three main groups:
- About Shareable English - standard training programs for a balanced study of the different areas of the English language (reading, speaking, listening, pronunciation, grammar), suitable for almost anyone who wants to study English at Oxford.
- Professional (business) English language - emphasis on teaching students specialized vocabulary. To successfully complete this course, you need to know English at a level not lower than the average.
- English for preparation for admission is an emphasis on preparing entrants to enter higher education institutions in the UK and the world. In addition, this includes English courses designed to prepare for international language tests .
It must be stressed that before starting classes at any English language course in Oxford, teachers offer students testing for the level of English proficiency in order to subsequently distribute all listeners into groups, depending on the results of this testing. In some cases, interviews are also conducted.
It is worth mentioning separately the division of the English language courses in Oxford into groups, depending on the number of academic hours per week and the duration of classes:
- Standard language course is 20 lessons per week from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm, then the course participants can do their own business, visit local attractions, go on excursions to other cities or regions, counties, communicate with new acquaintances, etc. . This type of English language courses in Oxford is suitable for the vast majority of those who wish to study English abroad, while having a unique experience of living in another country and having a rest.
- Intensive language course - 30 lessons per week from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. This type of English language course in Oxford is suitable for more academically minded listeners who travel to Oxford, primarily to improve their English proficiency. Nevertheless, there is enough time to get acquainted with local sights and to travel to nearby cities and regions.
- Super-intensive language course - 40 lessons per week from 9:00 to 18:00. This type of courses implies already full-fledged academic English classes for students who aspire to master English as quickly as possible. Free time is much less, but there are still days off - some trips can still be accomplished.
Accommodation in English courses in Oxford
Let us dwell on the very important issue of choosing the type of residence while studying English at language courses in Oxford . The following options are offered to the participants of the course:
- In the house of a local family (host family), in the teacher's and his family's home is a popular type of placement, because living together with native speakers will radically change the whole experience of being in Oxford and learning in English language courses - the degree will increase immersion in the linguistic and cultural environment. Mostly this option is chosen by parents for their children up to 12-13 years old who need constant care, care and care: children live in dedicated rooms, live in the image of the host family, get acquainted with the peculiarities of the culture and way of life of the British. In the process of everyday communication, the child will overcome the language barrier and improve speaking skills. Even more effective in terms of studying English in Oxford is the residence of a teacher in the family. In this case, the effectiveness of teaching English in Oxford increases at times, because the teacher on a continuous basis controls the progress of the student, correcting and correcting his speech, grammar, phonetics.
- In a hostel or hotel - suitable for those who value personal space and freedom, mainly this type of accommodation is chosen by adults and students of business English courses who are already able to independently live and cook their own food (food when choosing this type of accommodation, of course, not is included in the cost of the courses). The most successful choice in the case of passing short-term English language courses in Oxford.
- In a rented apartment or room - the option is similar to the previous one, but it includes an even greater degree of freedom and independence and is suitable for those students who study English in long-term courses (from two weeks). At the same time, this accommodation option is the most expensive.
- In the residence on the territory of the educational institution: the majority of students at English language courses in Oxford, especially in summer, choose accommodation in the student hostel, because this means constant communication with peers from around the world. The place in the general spacious room, designed for several people living and equipped with everything necessary for comfortable study and life, is offered to foreign students of language courses in the vast majority of language schools and training centers. Most likely, such a hostel is located right on the campus of the university or school, where English language courses are conducted - this facilitates the communication process between the school and the house.
Prices of English language courses in Oxford
In Oxford, language schools and universities offer a huge variety of English language courses to those who want to learn English. They differ not only in content, but, of course, in value. For example, English language courses in Oxford for children , including full board meals, will cost more than the exact same rates, but for adults it's understandable, because children need extra control. As a general rule, the cost of English language courses in Oxford directly depends on the intensity of the language course, its duration, the proposed type of residence and the content of the leisure program.
Please note that English courses in Oxford are very popular and popular, so it is better to reserve a place in advance - at least one year before the planned time of training.
Thus, taking into account their interests, goals, budget, everyone can choose the language course of English in Oxford, and Smapse experts will always help you with this. The language education received at the English courses in Oxford is, firstly, very much in demand and prestigious for more than eight centuries, and secondly, it will make it easy to enter the future in any secondary and higher educational institution in the UK and the world. Learning English in Oxford is a standard of quality around the world.