Description of McGill University
McGill University is a venerable institution of higher education in the city of Montreal (Canada). It is worth noting that McGill University is located in the French-speaking state of Quebec. The university in Montreal is named after a British businessman and philanthropist D. McGill, who donated 10,000 pounds sterling and his own estate to the university in order to influence the development of higher education in this city. Academic activities of the university began in 1829. The National Academic Rating considers McGill University one of top universities in Canada.
This school has long and firmly established the status of one of the most popular places of study in North America. It is worth paying attention to the faculties, which, according to international experts, have the highest rating indicators.
- The direction of the study of engineering. The specialization of the mountain structure stands out.
- Excellent managers are prepared by the Faculty of Business Administration.
- You can get an excellent education in the dance and ballet field with the help of the school of plastic arts.
- The acting department ediucates excellent theater actors.
- For decades, the Faculty of Medicine has remained the best in its field according to the rating of the country's faculties.
- Not far behind the medical and direction, releasing psychologists and dentists.
- Active scientific and academic activities are conducted in the faculties that educate linguists, ecologists, geographers and chemists.
- The citation index of scientific works has a high degree at the Faculty of Agriculture.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in McGill University
Subject list: Study Abroad & Field Studies, Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, including Human Nutrition, Arts, including Information Studies, Social Work, Religious Studies, and Social Work, Bachelor of Arts&Science, Continuing Studies, Dentistru, education, Engineering, including Architecture and Urban Planning, Enhancement, law, Management, Desautels Faculty of, Medicine, including Communication Sciences and Disorders, Music, Schulich School of, Nursing, Ingram School of, Physical and Occupational Therapy
- L. Cohen is a poet and musician of Canadian descent. World renown received works in the genre of blues. One of the most popular performers of the 20th century. He is a Grammy Award Winner.
- D. O'Keefe is a neurophysiologist with American and British roots. He is a professor at University College London. He became the winner of the Nobel Prize in 2014 in physiology.
- A. Sharma - known professorship in comparative religious studies at McGill University. His world fame came with research that highlighted the important role of women in various religions.
- D. Naismith - Canadian known not only teaching, but also coaching. He was famous for the creation of basketball in 1891.
McGill University has developed an innovative application designed for students. With it, instantly gain access to study events, the student calendar, campus map, contacts and various schedules.
In addition to the basketball place of birth, many researchers call McGill University an institution within whose walls hockey originated.
Facilities and equipment at McGill University
The school is located in the central part of Montreal, at the beautiful foot of the Royal Mountains. In the Milton Park area, where the main buildings of the university are located, all the houses were built in the 19th century by wealthy city dwellers. Over time, such historic sites in Montreal have become a habitat for McGill University students. Students actively use the bookstore, cafeteria, shopping center, as well as a sports complex, which has a year-round swimming pool. The metro is located near the campus.
McDonald's campus is the name of another campus. On its territory there is an old hotel, which was converted into a modern student residence, and now students of the Faculty of Agricultural Sciences and Ecology live here. Nearby is an institute that prepares parasitologists and nutritionists. From the middle of the 20th century, the territory of the town was actively planted with various tree species not only for the purpose of ennobling, but also for conducting scientific experiments.
The sports side of life at McGill University is provided by the Molson Stadium, designed for 25,000 seats. All listed buildings are adapted for use by people with disabilities.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
- An applicant, entering McGill University, submits to the admission committee a school certificate or a college diploma. These documents must be translated into English. tongue.
- Applicants from other countries must confirm their level of proficiency in English with a TOEFL certificate (lower bracket 100 points) or IELTS (lower limit 7.5).
- The submission of a package of documents is accompanied by a registration fee. Its size is from 10 to 150 dollars (depending on the chosen faculty). At the same time, applicants who have submitted an application to the faculty of music, must additionally contribute $ 65 for the listening procedure.
- Some faculties require the applicant to provide a portfolio or a letter of recommendation.
You should first go to the official website of the educational institution and familiarize yourself with the specific admission procedure in a separate department. You can submit documents on various dates. Those who want to start classes in the fall, apply until 01.03. Those who wish to begin education in the winter, submit documents until 01.07, and applicants who have submitted an application before 01.10 will begin classes in the spring.
Price of educational services and scholarship programs
An undergraduate degree must pay an amount equal to $ 15,000 (in local currency) for the year of educational services. Applicants who dream of a doctor’s degree pay a much larger amount to the university’s cash office, it is approximately $ 39,000 per academic year. The cost of education for masters is not much different from bachelor. Financial expenses will amount to 16 000 USD. for a year of postgraduate studies. As for household expenses, a student spends on average $ 12,000 to $ 18,000 annually, summing up the cost of food, as well as meeting personal needs and the cost of living in dormitories.
It is possible to cover a part of expenses on eduaction by means of scholarship programs. Usually a scholarship is awarded for the success of education at the chosen faculty. The size of scholarship payments ranges from 3,000 to 10,000 dollars per academic year. Separately, there is the PBEEE program, according to which a foreign student without a permanent Canadian registration receives $ 25,000 per year. The administration of the university assists the student in obtaining an emergency loan in case of financial difficulties. The basis may be a disease, theft or force majeure. In addition, each student can get advice from SSAO specialists. They will tell you how to correctly allocate your budget, plan financial expenses and avoid unnecessary loans.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about McGill University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.