Macquarie University Australia
Description of Macquarie University Australia
- Established: 1964
- Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Students age: 18+
- Number of students: 28,730 people.
- Language of instruction: English
- Type of study: state university.
Studying at Macquarie University helps to unleash the potential of students, to start an amazing career, to travel around the world, and do internships at leading companies. Whether you are a highly qualified undergraduate student or an ambitious international student, Macquarie University will offer you a quality education.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Macquarie University Australia
Accommodation, meals, prices
Macquarie offers a brand new premium student residence. The housing is located in the Central Courtyard, within walking distance of classrooms, laboratories, food outlets, the library and other campus facilities.
Living in a vibrant community is an experience that will leave memories for a lifetime. Students live in safe and secure housing with 24/7 access to community counselors and care services.
Other accommodation options: off-campus apartment rental, host family accommodation.
There are cafes, restaurants, canteens on the campus.
Activities Macquarie University Australia
Students can join one of over 130 student groups on campus, volunteer for the Buddy program, and participate in activities. You can chat with classmates at the bar on campus.
- Macquarie University works with Australian and international students, graduates from different countries receive offers from global companies - Microsoft, Optus, Google, Johnson & Johnson. The partnership of the university with large companies is a testament to the well-deserved reputation of the university, which conducts research and conducts innovative studying.
- The university is included in the 1% of the best universities in the world, maintains a 5-star QS ranking, confirming that Macquarie graduates are among the most sought-after professionals in the world.
- Macquarie gives students the freedom to pursue research in a variety of fields by offering interdisciplinary courses and degrees.
- There is an opportunity for bachelors to obtain a double degree in additional or completely different fields of study.
- Prospective masters may adapt coursework and research programs to study disciplines outside the main academic field.
Facilities and equipment at Macquarie University Australia
Uniquely located in the heart of Australia's largest high-tech district, the Macquarie Countryside Campus offers 126 hectares of land and state-of-the-art facilities that provide students with space and freedom. The campus is 15 km from Sydney's CBD and is an ideal place to study in one of the world's greatest cities.
Macquarie offers to students:
- Book store
- A cafe
- Private hospital.
The sports facilities are some of the best university facilities in the country. The water sports center has a health club, swimming pools, soccer fields, tennis, basketball and squash courts, a gymnastics hall and much more.
The Macquarie University Library provides access to millions of printed and electronic resources. It has group and quiet study areas; computers, printers, copiers; modules for presentations; a cafe; high-tech robotic cranes that will deliver books in minutes.
Admission dates and extra charges
The start-up fee is a fraction of the tuition fees that students pay when they accept an offer to study at Macquarie University.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Requirements for international students applying for undergraduate studies:
- High school diploma or university entrance exam scores such as a New South Wales High School (NSW HSC) certificate or other equivalent Australian or foreign high school diploma.
- Recognized University Preparatory Course (International Foundation, Pathway).
- A recognized two- or three-year diploma, advanced diploma, or associate's degree.
- Documents confirming 1st year studies at an accredited university.
- IELTS 6.5, TOEFL iBT certificates.
Scholarships Macquarie University Australia
Macquarie University awards about $ 6 million in scholarships each year, most of which are awarded for academic merit, diversity, leadership ability, financial difficulties and / or key achievements in sports, volunteering.
Macquarie has one of the most generous scholarship programs in Australia, providing many opportunities for international students every year.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Macquarie University Australia
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.