- Features of studying abroad for foreign students
- The advantages of education abroad
- Where can foreign students continue their studies abroad?
- Education in the UK
- Education in the USA
- Education in Switzerland
- Education in Germany
- How to choose the best school abroad?
- Examples of educational institutions abroad
- How to enroll in a foreign school after the 6,7,8,9,10,11 grades?
In the modern world it is very easy to get foreign school education: in every corner of our planet, international schools have been created that accept foreign students of different ages, even with a minimum level of knowledge of a foreign language. Students of school age have a unique opportunity to compare learning systems in different countries: educational programs are very flexible, which allows them to receive secondary education in any country.
Features of studying abroad for foreign students
The earlier a child begins to receive education abroad, the easier it will be for him to adapt to the national system of education and to live in a particular country. The international school certificate will be an advantage with further admission to universities, and the luggage of the acquired knowledge will be useful throughout life. Unusual experience for foreign students will receive education in a foreign language: students very quickly raise the level of knowledge, destroy the language barrier and at the end of the school are fluent in a foreign language.
The advantages of education abroad
- immersion in a new language and cultural environment
- adaptation to a foreign education system, if desired, to continue studying at a university
- the opportunity to learn by bilingual system
- study of core subjects before entering university
- great opportunities for sports and creative activities.
Where can foreign students continue their studies abroad?
There are different options for continuing education abroad after the school:
- after 6, 7, 8 grades students enter the middle classes of the foreign school
- after 9, 10 - in high school or in the preparatory program, the duration of which is usually 2 years
- after the 11th grade at once to the university, but in many countries the education system is different - and then the graduates of schools are obliged to enter the pre-university program.
- After the 6.7 grades for foreign students, enrollment in the secondary school of England
- After the 9th grade of the school, enrollment for a two-year GCSE program is provided, at the end of which the student receives a certificate of secondary education. Continue education can be done on the A-Level course, after which you already enter the university.
- Also foreign students after the graduation from grades 10-11 can apply immediately to the A-Level program if their academic skills meet the requirements of the school.
- After 6,7 grades in the school studentsenter the US secondary school and continue to study basic subjects
- After the 8th grade, it is recommended to enroll in the High School Diploma program, after which the student will receive a certificate of secondary education.
- After the 10th grade there is an opportunity to enter the Advanced Placement course for in-depth study of core subjects
- After 11th grade, foreign students study in preparatory programs for admission to the University: University Pathway, Transfer Program, International One Year, American College Bridge Program, International Foundation.
A feature of American secondary education is the educational loans that the student receives throughout the school and pre-university programs.
At the end of secondary school in Switzerland from 7 to 8 grades, students enter the gymnasium, where they continue their studies for 4 years and receive the Swiss matriculation certificate Schweizer Maturität - it allows school leavers to enter universities and colleges. Preparatory programs are available for obtaining academic knowledge and improving the knowledge of a foreign language.
According to the German national education system, the end of the secondary school is accompanied by the Abitur matriculation certificate. For a foreign student, a minimum of 2 years of study at a German school is required to obtain it.
How to choose the best school abroad?
For foreign students, schools are selected according to the available educational programs, the type of school, its ranking, location and available accommodation options. SMAPSE company is a partner of a large number of international schools: SMAPSE experts will be happy to help you in choosing an educational institution and program! The admission of the student is free of charge; SMAPSE experts also accompany the whole process of organizing the trip and help to solve any organizational issues.
Examples of educational institutions abroad
Continue education after 6, 7, 8 grades can be in high school:
- Townshend International School (Czech Republic, Prague) - a small elite boarding school with an individual approach to each student; For foreign students, middle classes are available from 7 to 9, the cost is 10,968 € / year
- Albert College (Canada , Ontario) - is included in the TOP-50 boarding schools of Canada, has a secondary school program of 7-8 grades, educational programs are maximally adapted to the interests of foreign students, the cost is from 54,100 CAD $ / year
- Leman Manhattan Preparatory School (USA, New York) is one of the most progressive and prestigious schools in New York, for middle-aged students from 11 to 14 middle classes are available, the cost is 83,000 $ / year
- Prior Park College Bath (Great Britain, Bath) offers foreign students education in 7, 8, 9 grades: the school program prepares students for the GCSE (The General Certificate of Secondary Education) diploma; the price for one year of education is - 10,065 £ / year
- Caxton College (Spain , Valencia) is one of the TOP-100 best schools of joint education in Spain. For foreign students over the age of 11, middle-class programs are available in English, the cost is from 6,129 € / trimester.
How to enroll in a foreign school after the 6,7,8,9,10,11 grades?
Documents must be submitted to educational institutions in advance in order to have time to obtain a visa before the start of the educational program. To begin with, you need to contact the school's official representative and find out the list of required documents for admission, fill out a questionnaire, if necessary, translate your documents into English and submit documents to the visa center. Usually for admission to secondary school, you must provide a report card with grades in recent years and the results of a language test that determines the level of knowledge of a foreign language.
Foreign students usually go to private schools and boarding schools, but in some countries public schools are available for foreign students.