- The order of organization of preparation for entering a foreign university after 11th grade
- Features of educational programs of study abroad after graduation for foreign students
- Specificity of educational programs of senior classes for foreign students
- Features of educational programs for undergraduate and graduate programs abroad, in Europe
- Tuition fees after the 11th grade at universities in the world
Study abroad after the 11th grade for very many students from all over the world is a cherished dream, for education abroad after graduation most of the future graduates begin to prepare in advance. Study abroad, particularly in Europe, in the US, Canada and other countries of the world today is very popular among students from all over the world. Do not miss the moment and start the process of choosing an institution for your child, as well as the appropriate preparation for entering the university in the desired country of the world right now!
Study abroad after the 11th grade is the cherished dream of many students in secondary schools around the world. The fact is that the diploma of graduating from any higher education institution abroad, in Europe or other countries of the world provides unique opportunities for both further education and career building. Employers from all over the world highly appreciate university graduates from the US, UK, Germany, France, Switzerland, Canada and Australia, as well as many others. In addition, do not forget that education abroad after 11th grade can significantly improve the level of foreign language (the language in which the education will be conducted), to get acquainted with the culture of the country, its traditions, and also to get many new acquaintances with the inhabitants of a particular country.
The good news is that studying abroad after the 11th grade is a completely possible option, but there are also nuances that you should know about before making a decision to travel abroad for education. The fact is that secondary education institutions in some countries use a 12-year educational school program, while in others students are engaged in 11 years (classes). Therefore, the certificate of complete secondary education of the 11 years model is not for foreign universities a document evidencing the average full education . To fill the annual difference at universities and schools in Europe and abroad, there are pre-university educational courses aimed at eliminating the difference. Next, the main similar programs will be considered.
It is also worth mentioning that education abroad after 11th grade is offered not only by higher education institutions, but also by professional colleges, which is especially developed in countries such as the USA and Canada. Educational programs offered by such educational institutions are also a higher education, at the end of the course the students receive a bachelor's degree. However, professional colleges are not as popular as the usual prestigious universities, so the competition for admission to the first is much lower, as is the cost of education. In addition, if higher education institutions offer diversified educational programs aimed at balanced learning in different disciplines, vocational colleges are specialized educational institutions offering more practical educational programs. After graduating from college, graduates will already have some practical skills to work on specialization, while universities offer a more theoretical education.
The order of organization of preparation for entering a foreign university after 11th grade
To the process of choosing a higher education institution for study abroad after the 11th grade, it is worthwhile to approach with all responsibility. It is also necessary to start preparation in advance for entering the desired university, because for unconditional success you need to work hard. For a rational choice of the one suitable for the purposes and interests of your child in higher education, SMAPSE experts have drawn up a plan for you, which, of course, is not necessarily followed, but it is recommended:
- Start the process of selecting and studying each of the possible options should be in advance. This will allow you to prepare at a comfortable pace for admission, as well as increase the chances of successful enrollment in terms of bureaucracy and paper work.
- Finally, the collection of the package necessary for the receipt of documents must begin at least 6 months (preferably a year) before the expected start of studies abroad after 11th grade. The fact is that the process of translation, sending documents to universities, as well as interviews, etc. take time, usually it takes up to several months. In addition, it is necessary to issue a student visa and (in case of his absence) a foreign passport.
- The ideal option is to personally visit the desired universities during open days, but this can be extremely expensive. In the age of modern technology in many prestigious universities there is a virtual tour of campuses of universities, as well as video conferences in the format of an open day.
- Learning a foreign language should also begin as soon as your child is seriously interested in studying abroad after leaving school. Based on the desired country of study, it is necessary to choose a foreign language. Of course, in most cases, English is suitable - educational programs in English are offered in the vast majority of prestigious universities in Europe, USA, Canada, Australia, etc. However, in national higher educational institutions of Switzerland, France or Germany, education can be carried out in French, German - depending on the curriculum.
- The number of documents required for admission necessarily includes a document confirming the level of possession of one or another foreign language. Certificates of international language tests must also be obtained in advance (be sure to consider the validity of such a certificate!). The higher the level of knowledge of a foreign language your child demonstrates, the higher his chances of successfully enrolling in a higher education institution abroad.
- An important role is played by the academic performance of your child - the higher, the better. It is necessary to aim at achieving the best results while studying at the school.
- Among the documents for the selection committee there are also recommendations from teachers and the director of the school. The registration of these letters should be approached with all seriousness, since the positive characteristic of your child plays a significant role in the decision-making process of the admissions committee.
With regard to the choice of a country to study abroad after graduation, people must also seriously weigh the pros and cons of each possible country. SMAPSE experts have compiled for you a list of four main steps that will help you determine the choice of the country:
- Determine which country you have in priority, where your child would like to go for education in the first place. If you base your choice on your own interests and wishes, then study abroad will be fun and useful. In addition, when choosing a country, it is also necessary to pay attention to career prospects that are provided to foreign students. However, if your goal is exclusively to receive higher education, then you can not think about it (but it's better to think about it). It is important to pay attention to the climate, the geographical location of the country and the city in which the educational trip is planned.
- It is also important when choosing a country to take into account international rankings compiled by various organizations. Abroad, all the eminent and prestigious educational institutions would like to be in the top rankings of educational institutions in the first places, therefore each of them carefully approaches the organization of the educational process, the infrastructure, etc. For example, it is worth to look at the ranking of the best universities in the world from the newspaper Times - Times World Ranking, or special academic rating of Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU), rankings of British newspapers The Times and The Guardian and others.
- Thirdly, it is necessary to determine the budget of the trip. The most costly part is, of course, an educational program. According to the general rule and practice, in Canada, for example, education costs slightly less than in the US or the UK, while its quality is no less than the most prestigious universities in America or England, and New Zealand universities offer high-quality higher education at a reasonable price, segments of the population. In addition, in different cities your child will need different amounts for living, food and entertainment.
- The choice of the country depends on the planned specialization of study abroad . For example, political science is best taught in universities of the United States, jurisprudence in higher educational institutions of Great Britain, as well as fashion and related specialties. Switzerland is famous for the high quality of universities in the sphere of hotel business and tourism. However, for example, medical specialties are for the most part inaccessible to foreign students: either graduates of schools from other countries do not accept for education in principle, or these specializations are so popular that places are not enough even for local students.
Features of educational programs of study abroad after graduation for foreign students
Educational programs offered in graduate classes of secondary school abroad, later grant entrants from different countries of the world the right and opportunity to successfully enter higher education institutions on the same terms and rights as citizens of a particular country. In other words, the level of education of foreign applicants is officially recognized as sufficient and equal to the level of local graduates, as if everyone were studying from the first to the last class together. Therefore, graduates do not need education in specialized educational courses, such as, for example, Foundation or Pathway. Thus, the vast majority of foreign students who choose to study abroad after graduation, choose one of the below presented educational programs.
First, consider the educational program of pre-university A-level program, which is one of the most popular and is recognized in the vast majority of higher education institutions around the world. This educational program is offered practically by any school in the UK, colleges and private schools in other countries of the European Union, in many educational institutions in Canada, the United States, etc. Within the framework of the A-level program, students are engaged in four basic disciplines in an in-depth mode, with the subjects selected by each student personally on the basis of their own interests and further plans for education at the university. The duration of the A-level educational program is two full academic years, and the student load is 36 academic hours per week. Students under the age of 16 are admitted to the program. A mandatory requirement for applicants for admission to the program is to provide a certificate of at least an average level of English (not less than 5.5 points according to the international language test IELTS).
The next educational program is called International Baccalaureate - International Baccalaureate. This preparatory program of the senior classes also offers effective and sufficient preparation of students for admission and further education at the university in the specialty. The International Baccalaureate is distinguished by a slightly wider set of disciplines for study, as well as the specifics of the construction of the learning process. Students of the international baccalaureate program are engaged in 6 subjects, 3 of which are taught at an in-depth level. In addition, in addition to academic disciplines, students are offered education on a specialized module CAS - Creativity, Action, Service. This educational module is designed to develop students' various creative skills, talents and abilities, physical development. The international baccalaureate program is also widely recognized around the world - the results of the examinations for the completion of the program are accepted by the admissions offices of prestigious and ranking institutions of higher education (it is enough to score 35 points and higher for all final exams in order to subsequently successfully apply to almost any university in the countries of the European Union, Canada and the USA, Australia and New Zealand, etc. It is worth noting that many US universities enroll international baccalaureate graduates immediately on the second course! International Baccalaureate accepts for the education of foreign students at the age of 16 who have provided a certificate of English language level of at least 4.5 points (for IELTS).
The third popular educational program for foreign applicants - BTEC, was developed in the UK and differs from the previous 2 practical educational directions. Certificates of completion of the VTEC program are also recognized in more than 100 countries around the world. The educational program consists of 3 levels:
- VTEC-1 - is the equivalent of GCSE, General Certificate of Secondary Education - a program for obtaining a certificate of full secondary education of the British model;
- VTEC-3 is a unique stage, which is analogous to the first 2 years of education at the local university, this stage gives students a so-called "primary higher education";
- VTEC-2 is the equivalent of the A-level program.
This educational program was developed in the UK specifically for students who want to study abroad abroad after 11th grade to get a primary practice in their specialty, to acquire new acquaintances that will be useful in the future when working after graduating from the university.
Another educational program for university preparation is the High School diploma program, which was developed in the USA and allows students to obtain a certificate of full secondary education of an American model that meets the requirements of the US education system. The curriculum of the program includes the study of a large list of disciplines, mandatory physical development in the context of various sports, and students are expected to participate in the social and social life of the school and its class. The main feature of the high school diploma educational program, which distinguishes it from the programs already considered, is the complete freedom of the students regarding the choice of the disciplines studied. As a result, graduates of the diploma program can successfully pass both standard exams and examinations in the framework of the international baccalaureate program. This educational program accepts students from all over the world aged 14 to 18 years with an English language level of at least 4.5 points in IELTS or at least 103 points in the TOEFL CBT system. The duration of the entire course of study is one and a half years, divided into trimesters. This program includes a sophisticated Advanced placement course, which is taught to students already at the level of a higher education institution. Upon completion of the program, students receive an effective and high-quality preparation for entering the university in a shorter time and at a lower cost than for education in other educational programs. This educational program operates in Canada and the United States, and is widely recognized by the departments of American and Canadian universities around the world.
Specificity of educational programs of senior classes for foreign students
In addition to educational programs after graduation, there are other ways to enter universities to study abroad after 11th grade - obtaining a certificate of graduation abroad. Such certificates give students the right to enter the desired university without additional examinations.
In different countries, the national certificate of completion of secondary school is called in its own way, and also has its own characteristics. In Switzerland, for example, there are several types of school certificates, depending on the foreign language in which teaching was conducted (which in turn depends on the canton): the Swiss passport Maturität, or Matura, the Italian Esame di Stato, the German Abitur, French Baccalaureat, etc. All educational programs in schools are common, that is equivalent, and the circle of disciplines in each of them is studied similar. In the senior classes before graduation, students are engaged in depth in those disciplines that they will later study in higher education.
Features of educational programs for undergraduate and graduate programs abroad, in Europe
Educational programs for undergraduate and graduate programs abroad provide students with high-quality knowledge in the disciplines that are studied within the specific specialization, as well as practical experience. Among the advantages of studying abroad after the 11th grade is a rich and unique experience of living in another country, communicating in a foreign language, professional experience (practice, internship, etc.), as well as an international diploma obtained by students in completing the education that is high It is quoted around the world, opening up to the graduates a wide career opportunities and prospects.
Education abroad after the 11th grade is different and a variety of specializations to choose from: according to your taste, students can find almost any specialization - both pedagogical specialties, and scientific, humanitarian, economic, creative, etc.
Tuition fees after the 11th grade at universities in the world
It goes without saying that studying abroad after graduation is an extremely costly exercise in terms of finances. High-quality educational services in the modern world are very in demand, so it is understandable why in most cases the cost of education abroad is high enough. However, it must be recognized that the possibility of affordable and no less qualitative education in Europe, abroad after the 11th grade is still there. In a large number of educational institutions of the countries of the European Union, Canada, Australia, the year of study will not be more expensive for you. Study abroad after the 11th grade is without a doubt the right and profitable investment in the future and in human capital.
Of course, education in leading and elite institutions of higher education from the TOP-100 lists is very expensive and not affordable for everyone. However, no one forbids you to choose a university that is not among the leaders of rankings - on the contrary, it should be done to rationalize your expenses. Most of the ranking and prestigious universities take a fairly high percentage of all costs for the "brand", for the name, for prestige. It is worth emphasizing that the quality of education in higher education institutions from the TOP-100 and in relatively small private universities is at a high level.
SMAPSE experts carefully selected for you information about the leading partner universities for study in Europe and abroad after 11th grade, including the approximate cost of educational services:
UK - from 10,000 £ to 30,000 £ per year;
The rest of the European Union countries - from 3,000 € to 60,000 € per year;
The USA - from 20,000 $ to 65,000 $ per year.
These prices are of a reference nature and may not coincide with the actual prices offered by universities - it is necessary to specify separately in each case. SMAPSE specialists are ready to come to your assistance at any time - just leave a request and SMAPSE experts will contact you for a free consultation!