- Advantages of studying abroad
- Language courses, types of programs and their features
- Sports programs for the summer holidays
- Professional courses and programs for children abroad
- Examples of top foreign camps and summer schools
Summer vacations in foreign schools and camps allow children and schoolchildren not only to relax, but to spend time with benefit, change the situation, learn modern principles and methods of training, make new acquaintances, expand the circle of communication with representatives of different nationalities. In numerous reviews of students and their parents noted that children are happy to attend language classes, are engaged in self-development, sports, creativity reveal talents and motivated for further education.
Unquestionable leaders in the number of summer programs for children and schoolchildren - the United States and Britain . European countries are also a popular destination for Russians and foreigners:
Advantages of studying abroad
In summer camps abroad, children manage to balance the rest and study: every day the students are engaged in 3-4 hours with teachers, and the rest of the time they devote to sports, entertainment, hobbies, travel and socializing with new friends. Bonuses for visiting summer programs:
- immersion in the language environment
- acquaintance with the culture of the country
- high quality of education
- effective teaching methods
- the opportunity to obtain a certificate confirming the level of knowledge of a foreign language
- combination of study and rest
- New acquaintances
- international environment
- opportunity to express oneself
- development of independence in the child.
And this is only a small part of the benefits that children and schoolchildren get after visiting a foreign school or camp during the summer holidays!
Language courses, types of programs and their features
To effectively study a foreign language, you should choose the right language program, based on the available level of language knowledge and desired results. Types of programs:
- for schoolchildren who are preparing for admission to preparatory courses or entering the university , academic courses of a foreign language
- for children and schoolchildren with zero level of knowledge - general foreign language course
- for preparation for language exams IELTS , TOEFL , SAT , GMAT , DALF , DELF , CAE - specialized linguistic courses
- for the study of language in a particular field - professional courses of a foreign language.
Sports programs for the summer holidays
Special attention deserves schools and camps with sports training, which are quite common abroad. Popular destinations in the sports world:
- Horseback Riding
- water sports.
Educational institutions, if possible, equip their territories with sports fields and fields, so that children and schoolchildren have the opportunity to practice different kinds of sports and lead an active lifestyle: thus, the love for sports is instilled, children are happy to participate in team games, and regular sports competitions are held.
Professional courses and programs for children abroad
Foreign schools and camps are modern and offer a large number of specialized programs. Types of courses:
- design, fashion - the program is suitable for those who are fond of the fashion world or who want to connect their life with this field. Participants of the course are expected to have various experiments, creative projects, presentations
- Cinema art - children and schoolchildren get acquainted with the world of cinema, study the process of creating a film, write scripts, study computer animation, additionally take acting classes, scenic art, 3D animation
- cooking - under the guidance of experienced chefs, children and schoolchildren create culinary masterpieces, learn the basics of cooking, learn the types of national dishes of different countries and learn how to start a career in this field
- IT, programming - program participants get theoretical and practical knowledge, study the theories of various programming languages, artificial intelligence, mathematical, engineering, linguistic concepts, get acquainted with the latest innovations in the field of software development
- medicine is a course for those who wish to build a career in this field in the future. The curriculum includes: introduction to medical practice, the basics of first aid, the rules of healthy eating, medical ethics, molecular biology, anatomy, genetics, biochemistry and much more.
Examples of top foreign camps and summer schools
- New York Film Academy Summer Camp (New York, USA) - Academy of Cinematography, an excellent choice for those wishing to immerse themselves in the field of filmmaking and combine training with the practice of English. Invited children aged 10 years (for participation in the program you need a high level of knowledge of English), the cost of training - from 1140 $ / week (the programs are designed for 1-2 weeks)
- Jowett Walk Balliol College (Oxford, UK) is a summer school with courses in English, style and fashion, filmmaking, engineering, a program for future business leaders. The school is located on the campus, which allows you to immerse yourself in the university atmosphere and gain invaluable experience of studying abroad. The program invites children from 13 to 15 years old, the cost of participation - from 4495 £ / 2 weeks
- HIM Hotel Institute Montreux (Montreux, Switzerland) - is considered one of the most prestigious schools in Switzerland, part of the SEG - a community of the best schools of hotel management in the country. For adolescents from 16 years, programs are available: introduction to hotel management, introduction to the world of cooking. The cost of training is from 3900CHF / 2 weeks
- Village Camps Lakefield school (Ontario, Canada) - a summer camp at the prestigious Canadian College of Lakefield School invites schoolchildren from 9 to 16 years for the summer to learn English and attend professional tennis training. Also campus camp provides the opportunity to engage in football, shooting, windsurfing, canoeing, kayaking, an additional organized course for studying nature and the environment. The cost of training is from 3650 $ CAD / 2 weeks
- Ecole des Roches (Verneuil-sur-Avre, France) - a prestigious school with language programs for the summer period: schoolchildren from 12 to 18 years are invited to study French and active recreation. Teachers are native speakers, communication in the school is exclusively in the language of instruction. The cost of training is from 2750 € / 2 weeks
- Summer academic camp at Cambridge University (Cambridge, UK) - has a wide variety of programs for the summer in the field of: architecture, biology, chemistry, programming, writing, economics, English literature, history, international relations, law, mathematics, medicine, physics, philosophy , leadership. Participation is available for schoolchildren from 16 to 18 years, the cost of training is from 5295 £ / 2 weeks.