University preparation in Ireland for international studens. List of 11 top institutions, 2023 fees, rankings
- Education information
- Actual information for foreign applicants to universities in Ireland
- Preparation for the university in Ireland for international students
- Pre-university programs for foreign students: studying in Ireland after grade 11
- Learning programs-summary information
- Top 21 boarding colleges in England 2022
- Top 35 best universities and colleges in Canada 2022
Every year Ireland attracts many foreign students from all over the world. SMAPSE offers TOP-5 prestigious Irish schools that provide high-quality preparation courses that will help enter prestigious universities in Ireland and in the world. Studying in one of 5 best schools in Ireland gives a great opportunity to get deep knowledge and open wide career prospects in the future.
Please, don't hesitate to contact SMAPSE experts at any time as they are always ready to answer all your questions.
Actual information for foreign applicants to universities in Ireland
In order to enter the prestigious university in Ireland, it is necessary to take into account many nuances and begin preparation in advance. Universities in Ireland usually require high school diploma and, in some cases for foreign students, a certificate of studying courses abroad. Competition in TOP universities in Ireland is too high, that is why international students must meet all the requirements that will enhance their chanced to enter.
High academic requirements are put for students: at least half of the subjects must be passed perfectly in the certificate, the results of language exams must be at least 6.0 IELTS and 550 TOEFL points. You may need to take exams in academic subjects in English.
There are two ways to go enter a college in Ireland:
- Graduate from school in Ireland - suitable for students who thought in advance about entering a university
- Education in special courses of pre-university preparation - for those who have already graduated from school.
Preparation for the university in Ireland for international students
The peculiarity of the Irish system of education is the attachment of programs to age, therefore, each age period has its own high-quality educational program that meets British standards. It is worth noting that studying in schools in Ireland will make it possible to better prepare for university studies. British programs are recognized around the world and have long become the benchmark for effective learning.
- So, after the 8th grade, a middle school program will be a good option for foreign students. The goal is not only to provide knowledge in basic school subjects, but also to ensure that students can figure out their own interests before high school and entering university.
- Leaving Certificate is a special preparatory course for high school students 16-18 years old who are going to continue their studies at the University in Ireland. The unique program is aimed at preparation for the university - students study several specialized subjects at the university level, and the list of subjects is very wide. At the end of their studies, students pass difficult exams and receive a certificate that is highly valued by universities. With this preparation, students easily enter the best universities in the UK: admissions committees take into account the results of exams and passing entrance exams is not required.
- International Baccalaureate is an international program that is largely an analogue of the British A-Level. At the end of the course, students will receive an international diploma that will open the doors to the best universities in the world.
Pre-university programs for foreign students: studying in Ireland after grade 11
Pre-university courses for foreign students usually last 3 semesters or a half academic years, the program includes an academic and language part. During this time, students significantly improve their language skills, master academic disciplines and adapt to the educational system of Ireland. Students are required to be independent. Students can choose disciplines: a fixed schedule does not exist, the entire learning process is structured so that students develop a sense of responsibility and self-organization.
The most popular course is the International Foundation Year. Such preparation for the University in Ireland provides two profiles: humanitarian and natural sciences. The cost of studying with food and accommodation is related to the prices at the average university for the academic year: about 15.000 pounds. You can study on the course at the university or in special educational institutions. Often, institutions have an agreement with universities: after courses, students can easily enter the 1st course.
List of documents for applying for the International Foundation Year program:
- High School diploma with good academic performance, profile subjects are especially significant
- Certificate of language exams, the requirements for courses are slightly lower.
Learning programs-summary information
|GCSE||General certificate of secondary education||secondary education (non-accomplished)||14||1–2||A-Levels||15,000 USD+|
|A-Levels||Advanced level||secondary education (accomplished)||16||2||University||15,000 USD+|
|BTEC||Business and Technology Education Board||secondary special education||14||2–3||University/ work||15,000 USD+|
|Oxbridge Preparation||Preparing for Oxford and Cambridge||secondary education (accomplished)||17||1||University||15,000 USD+|
|International Baccalaureate||International baccalaureate||secondary education (accomplished)||16||2||University||18,000 USD+|
|Foundation/ Pathway Year||Preparatory year||admission to the 1st year of university||17||1||University||14,000 USD+|
|NCUK||The Northern consortium||2 year university||17,5||1||2 year University of NCUK||13,000 USD+|
|Special Preparation (Medics/Math/Business)||Specialized training||-||14||optional||optional||4,000 USD+|
|Academic English||Academic English||Language school||8 +||6–12 months||School or University||8,000 USD+|
|1||Cardiff Sixth Form College|
|2||National Mathematics and Science College|
|3||Abbey College Cambridge|
|9||King's College St Michael’s|
|11||Chelsea Independent College|
|15||St Clare's Oxford|
|19||Ealing Independent College|
|20||Cambridge Tutors College|
|1||University of Toronto|
|3||University of British Columbia|
|4||University of Alberta|
|5||Simon Fraser University|
|7||University of Windsor|
|9||University of Guelph|
|11||University of Manitoba|
|12||University of Waterloo|
|13||Royal Roads University|
|14||Vancouver Film School|
|15||Kwantlen Polytechnic University|
|16||University of Calgary|
|19||University of Ottawa|
|22||University of Regina|
|24||Thompson Rivers University|
|26||Vancouver Island University|
|28||Centennial College Toronto|
|33||Saint Clair College|