University preparation in Australia for international studens. List of 30 top institutions, 2023 fees, rankings
- Education information
- Higher Education in Australia
- How to prepare for entering a university in Australia?
- Who can enter Australian universities?
- Studying in Australia for free
- Preparation courses for foreign students in Australia
- Learning programs-summary information
- Top 21 boarding colleges in England 2022
- Top 35 best universities and colleges in Canada 2022
- Higher education-statistics
Nowadays, Australia is chosen by many foreign students due to a wide range of high-quality educational services. SMAPSE offers 10 best colleges and schools in Australia where foreign students can get preparation courses that will help to enter prestigious universities in Australia and abroad. Due to the list of TOP-10 colleges and schools in Australia, you will definitely find the most appropriate option.
Higher Education in Australia
Admission to the University of Australia can be considered the beginning of a successful career, because higher education on the southern continent is one of the best in the world. Universities are funded by the Government: the Ministry of Education annually allocates nearly 3 million Australian dollars to support innovative methods in education. Also, it strictly monitors the level of teaching. As a result, at least 6 Australian universities have been in the list of the TOP-100 in the world for over a decade!
Diplomas of Australian universities are recognized around the world, large corporations are willing to hire young specialists from Australian universities. Already in the second or third year at the university, a student can work professionally - many students combine working with studying.
How to prepare for entering a university in Australia?
So, you decided to enter the university of Australia. How to prepare for exams? To begin with, it is important to determine your level of English proficiency. All Australian universities require certificates for passing the international exam:
- TOEFL. The minimum passing score is 78. Its validity is 2 years.
- IELTS. The minimum score for admission is 6.0. It is also valid for 2 years.
- CAE (Cambridge Advanced English) is another language certificate that all universities in Australia accept. It is cheaper and valid for a lifetime (unlike TOEFL and EILTS), but not all European countries recognize it. If you plan to stay on the southern continent, then CAE is the best option.
If a certificate is available, it remains to choose a course in other subjects, or to receive it after graduating from school in Australia.
Who can enter Australian universities?
To qualify for a student position at a university in Australia, you must meet the following requirements:
- A diploma of secondary education. In Australia students study for 12 years. So, at the time of admission, an applicant, in addition to a school diploma, must have a certificate of 1 course from university or a certificate of preparatory courses in Australia.
- A letter of recommendation from the last employer or from a place of study is required. A sample letter can be requested from the selection committee of the university.
- Motivation letter. It’s not always necessary, but it significantly adds chances to success of admission or gives the opportunity to apply for a free scholarship. A motivation letter is drawn up in free form, where a foreign student tells why he wants to go to university. For example, “I like the living conditions”, “I want to work in a particular specialty”, “Fluently speak English”, etc.
Studying in Australia for free
Every foreign student has the opportunity to study at the University of Australia for free and even receive a scholarship. There is a state program for the best students - Endeavor Scholarships and Fellowships. What is needed for free studying?
- excellent studying progress, successful completion of each test with the highest scores;
- a statement in the prescribed form about the applicant's desire to receive a scholarship (usually after the first year of study at the university);
- winning a competition among student applicants for participation in the program.
Preparation courses for foreign students in Australia
Description of programs
University Preparation College, Bankstown, Sarry Hills (New South Wales)
365-5000AUD / course
Intermediate to Advanced (Upper-Intermediate to Advanced)
Studying the specifics of university studies:
Preparing for IELTS
Language Studies International, Brisbane
from 485AUD / week
7days-4 months - TOEFL, IELTS
Language Links Education, Perth
1223AUD / wk
Taylors College Melbourne
from 495AUD / week
Preparation for admission to universities. College Standard
Technological, exact, humanitarian sciences.
One item of choice:
16 lessons / week
TOEFL, IELTS Courses (TOEFL, IELTS Exam Preparation Courses)
Programs developed in conjunction with Monash University, Deaking University
from 14 days.
Kaplan international colleges
(Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane, Cairns, Adelaide)
from 1743/2 weeks.
IELTS - from 14 days
CAE, FCE - 3 months.
Each of the schools / universities listed in the review offers dozens of courses, and programs with a narrow theme (in a particular specialty). Qualified teachers prepare students for exams, tests, identify weaknesses. After a year of study in the courses, taking notes at the university will not cause any particular difficulties. Communication with teachers and classmates will become comfortable, the assimilation of materials in English is effective.
Learning programs-summary information
|GCSE||General certificate of secondary education||secondary education (non-accomplished)||14||1–2||A-Levels||15,000 USD+|
|A-Levels||Advanced level||secondary education (accomplished)||16||2||University||15,000 USD+|
|BTEC||Business and Technology Education Board||secondary special education||14||2–3||University/ work||15,000 USD+|
|Oxbridge Preparation||Preparing for Oxford and Cambridge||secondary education (accomplished)||17||1||University||15,000 USD+|
|International Baccalaureate||International baccalaureate||secondary education (accomplished)||16||2||University||18,000 USD+|
|Foundation/ Pathway Year||Preparatory year||admission to the 1st year of university||17||1||University||14,000 USD+|
|NCUK||The Northern consortium||2 year university||17,5||1||2 year University of NCUK||13,000 USD+|
|Special Preparation (Medics/Math/Business)||Specialized training||-||14||optional||optional||4,000 USD+|
|Academic English||Academic English||Language school||8 +||6–12 months||School or University||8,000 USD+|
|1||Cardiff Sixth Form College|
|2||National Mathematics and Science College|
|3||Abbey College Cambridge|
|9||King's College St Michael’s|
|11||Chelsea Independent College|
|15||St Clare's Oxford|
|19||Ealing Independent College|
|20||Cambridge Tutors College|
|1||University of Toronto|
|3||University of British Columbia|
|4||University of Alberta|
|5||Simon Fraser University|
|7||University of Windsor|
|9||University of Guelph|
|11||University of Manitoba|
|12||University of Waterloo|
|13||Royal Roads University|
|14||Vancouver Film School|
|15||Kwantlen Polytechnic University|
|16||University of Calgary|
|19||University of Ottawa|
|22||University of Regina|
|24||Thompson Rivers University|
|26||Vancouver Island University|
|28||Centennial College Toronto|
|33||Saint Clair College|
|Average cost||20,000 USD|
|Minimum level of English||IELTS 6.5, TOEFL ibt 90|
|Percentage of students enrolled in the master's program||45%|
Statistics of English courses in Australia
|Programs||Intensity||Group||Language requirements||The minimum cost of the week AU$|
|Standard English||20||6-15||Beginner||230 +|
|Intensive courses||30||6-14||Elementary||350 +|
|English for Business||25-28||6-15||Low intermediate||418 +|
|English for Specific Purposes||25||6-15||Intermediate||335 +|
|English for Academic Purposes||28||6-15||Low intermediate||330 +|
|Exam preparation courses||20||6-15||Low intermediate||330 +|
|English in Action||15-30||6-15||Beginner||340 +|
|One-to-one lessons||individual||1||Beginner||95 +|
Students Accommodation Options in Australia
|Accomondation||Meals||Number of people per room||Cost per week/min AU$||Cost per week/max AU$|