Here you can find 25 best institutions with University preparation in Malaysia for international students. Also, we put together information with description, rankings, reviews and prices for programs for international children and students, how to apply to make it easier to make the right choice. FREE admission services to our partner institutions, places are limited.
University Preparation Program (Foundation Program)
1. Age of participants: from 17 years
2. Duration of studies: 3 semesters
3. Start of classes: February, April, May, September, November
4. Level of English: IELTS 5.5 / TOEFL 65
5. Level of education: diploma
6. Language of instruction: English.
APU - Asia Pacific University, Malaysia - has a special program for students who need additional support in the disciplines and the English language. The Foundation Program has lower entry requirements (compared to undergraduate programs) and contains a whole range of disciplines and subjects that have been carefully selected and developed. There are 4 areas of study available: Business & Finance Pathway (Business and Finance) Computing & Technology Pathway (Computing and Technology) Engineering Pathway (Engineering) Design Pathway (Design).
Education continues for 3 semesters (12 months), during which time students receive a serious store of knowledge and skills, actively develop the language, adapt to the lifestyle and education system. Upon completion of the program, students will be able to: Understand the concepts underlying business, technology, engineering, media, and information technology. Make an informed choice of undergraduate specialty Improve English language and university education skills Apply skills in computing, technology and communication. Understand the basic elements of technology Use appropriate application software and the Internet Communicate effectively verbally and in writing with a specific audience. Work effectively in a team Develop and succeed in the further process of education.
After successful completion of the course, graduates can enroll in the APU - Asia Pacific University for the main undergraduate educational programs for the chosen specialty.
Term 1 (first semester modules are the same for all areas): Communication Skills English for Academic Purposes (English for Academic Purposes) Personal Development & Study Methods (Personal Development and Learning Methods) Essentials of Web Applications (Web Application Basics) Mathematics.
2 and 3 semester (in directions):
Business & Finance Pathway (Business and Finance): Introduction to Business Individual, State & Society (Man, State and Society) Global Business Trends Public Speaking in English (Public speaking in English) Academic Research Skills Principles of Accounts Perspectives in Technology / Further Mathematics (Technology Perspectives / Higher Mathematics) Co-Curricular (Special seminars).
Computing & Technology Pathway (Computing and Technology): Introduction to Business Individual, State & Society (Individual, State and Society) Introduction to Visual & Interactive Programming (Introduction to Visual and Interactive Programming) Public Speaking in English (Public speaking in English) Academic Research Skills (Academic Research Skills) Further Mathematics (Higher Mathematics) Introduction to Multimedia Applications Perspectives in Technology (Technology Perspectives) Co-Curricular (Special seminars).
Engineering Pathway: Introduction to Business Introduction to Visual & Interactive Programming (Introduction to Visual and Interactive Programming) Engineering Mathematics (Engineering Mathematics) Public Speaking in English (Speech in English) Academic Research Skills (Academic English Skills) Mechanical Science Engineering Science or Chemistry (Engineering Science or Chemistry) Electrical and Electronic Principles Co-Curricular (Special Workshop).
Design Pathway (Design): Imaging / Production Skills for Design (Visualization / Production Skills for Design) Major Project 1 (Main Project 1) Design Theory and Practice 1 (Theory and Practice of Design 1) Public Speaking in English (English) Academic Research Skills History of Design and Media Major Project 2 (Main Project 2) Design Theory and Practice 2 (Theory and Practice of Design 2) Co-Curricular (Special Workshop).
Baccalaureate specialties available after passing the Foundation program in areas (the main specialties available after each direction are listed; the university does not prohibit entering other specialties other than the direction passed):
1. Business & Finance Pathway (Business and Finance): BA (Hons) in Business Management BA (Hons) in Business Management (E-Business specialty) BA (Hons) in International Business Management BA (Hons) in Human Resource Management BA (Hons) in Marketing Management BA (Hons) in Tourism Management BA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance BA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance (several specialties) Bachelor in Banking and Finance (Hons) Bachelor in Banking and Finance (Hons) (several specialties) BSc (Hons) in Actuarial Studies.
2. Computing & Technology Pathway (Computing and Technology): BSc (Hons) in Information Technology BSc (Hons) in Information Technology (several specialties) BSc (Hons) in Software Engineering BSc (Hons) in Computer Science BSc (Hons) in Computer Science (Data Analytics specialty) BSc (Hons) in Intelligent System BSc (Hons) in Multimedia Technology BSc (Hons) in Computer Games Development BSc (Hons) Cyber Security BSc (Hons) Forensic Computing BSc (Hons) in Business Information Technology.
3. Engineering Pathway (Engineering Bachelor’s program is possible only after the Engineering program): B.Eng (Hons) in Electrical & Electronic Engineering B.Eng (Hons) in Telecommunication Engineering B.Eng (Hons) in Mechatronic Engineering B.Eng (Hons) in Petroleum Engineering B.Eng (Hons) in Computer Engineering.
4. Design Pathway: BA (Hons) Product Design BA (Hons) Animation BA (Hons) VFX: Visual Effects and Concept Design.
Tuition for a university preparation program (Foundation Program): Engineering Pathway (Engineering): from 24900myr / year (3 semesters) Other directions: from 24400myr / year (3 semesters).
Extract of the description of institutions in currect section:
APU - Asia Pacific University, Malaysia is a prestigious and well-known university located in the Malaysian capital Kuala Lumpur and today is one of the best educational institutions in the country and the region. It was founded in 1993, received university college status in 2004 and university status in 2012, has a huge number of awards and various achievements, and regularly occupies high places in various ratings. Training programs are tested and approved by the Ministry of Higher Education of Malaysia and have a special quality accreditation (MQA).
There are training programs at all levels - from preparation for entry to bachelor, master and doctoral programs. The university has 11,000 students from 110 countries, a true international atmosphere. Faculty and staff have exceptional qualifications and work experience, many are recognized leaders in their fields and are pushing modern science and technology.
APU - Asia Pacific University, Malaysia - a great choice for those who plan to get a prestigious education and achieve impressive success in their professional activities and life!