QUACQUARELLI SYMONDS experts rated the best cities in the world for students' life. The head of TOP-50 Paris . An honorable second place was taken by London . Moscow was on the 37th line of the rating, having overtaken the Copenhagen capital of Denmark and the famous British university centers Glasgow , Birmingham .
Cities for rating were evaluated by the totality of characteristics:
- the number of higher education institutions;
- tuition fees (averages),
- security of living in the city;
- Infrastructure (shopping, entertainment, tourist);
- Cost of accommodation, meals (average);
- ratio of local and foreign students;
- the general standard of living.
Best European cities for international students
The French capital with 421 rating points ranked first. London scored 405 points. Paris surpassed the British capital in all respects, except for the ratio of students. Foreigners in London study more than in modern Paris.
The triumph of the French capital is due to several factors. In Paris, many universities, most of them occupy not the last places in international rankings. French education wins by accessibility (it may be cheaper in some British universities). Acceptable prices for undergraduate and graduate programs attract foreign students. In addition, Paris is a city of great career prospects. In terms of the standard of living, the quality of the student environment, the rating of institutions of higher education among employers (on the recognition and evaluation of diplomas), the French capital is on par with the British.
Best cities for foreign students to study
Among the famous university centers in Europe, the closest to the victory in the ranking, except London, were Vienna and Zurich. They took positions 5 and 7, respectively. Vienna in terms of quality of life, access to education, the student environment looks more attractive than Paris. But the city lost to the French capital in the assessment of universities by employers. The high quality of education was distinguished by Zurich. Low estimates of the city's experts received on the cost of living. Studentism in the Swiss metropolis was quite expensive.
- 8th position is occupied by Dublin and Berlin
- 11th place went to Barcelona
- 13, 14, 16, 21 places have been received Munich, Lyon, Madrid and Milan
- Moscow is located on the 37th line. The highest score Moscow received according to the assessment of universities by employers. But on the quality of life and access to education, it was on the last lines of the rating
- In the Scandinavian countries, the best cities for education were Stockholm (TOP-24), Helsinki (TOP-33) and Copenhagen (TOP-39).