Guidance on how to study in Glasgow. Top 9 schools and universities in Glasgow, study fees, rankings
University of the Year 2020Currently watching: 10from 17420.00 £ / yearApply with documents
Currently watching: 1from 3555.00 £ / termApply with documents
#18 in the UKCurrently watching: 2from 4600.00 £ / termApply with documents
Currently watching: 1Apply with documents
Currently watching: 2from 29500.00 £ / yearApply with documents
Currently watching: 1from 3650.00 £ / termApply with documents
Currently watching: 2from 6000.00 £ / yearApply with documents
Currently watching: 2from 7500.00 £ / termApply with documents
Currently watching: 2from 9531.00 £ / yearApply with documents
Study in Glasgow offers to the foreign students all types of education: secondary, higher, short-term language courses. Study in Glasgow in 5 best educational institutions for children, pupils, students: you will find program descriptions of camps in Glasgow, prices and reviews for every course. Our consultants will help you choose the right program of studies. Free admission services without intermediaries to our partner schools, colleges and universities in Glasgow. Official representatives. Discounts on the official prices are available for international students, places are limited.
In the catalogue of our website you can get acquainted with detailed list of educational institutions: it contains a list of schools and universities, description of studying programs of international format, tuition fee, ranking and student’s reviews, who have passed courses. Our specialist in international education will accompany you at all stages of admission – from collecting and preparing documents to sending to educational institution and enrolling directly.
The best schools in Glasgow – secondary education for the foreign students
Study in Glasgow for local and foreign students starts from compulsory stage for all – middle school. The passing secondary education includes the following stages in schools in Glasgow:
- Junior classes (from 5 to 12 years). Up to 7 years are allocated for primary school in Scottish institutions. The rest of the program is about the same, the studying format is playful and interactive. Knowledge control is conducted by tests, appropriated to the age of pupils.
- Middle classes (from 12 to 15 years). This stage lasts from 4 to 6 years. First four years are the period of obtaining compulsory knowledge base for all students. After successful passing of final exam the students become owners of secondary education certificate. From the age of 15 students are divided in two groups: profile education and exam preparation Higher for enrolment in the university.
- High school in Glasgow (from 16 to 18 years). The students undergo targeted preparation to obtain a higher certificate of secondary education, which provides opportunity to continue education in the university. To do this, students need to successfully pass 5-6 exams.
In addition to the annual secondary education in schools in Glasgow for the international students, vacation-educational courses for foreign students are conducted at the bases of Scottish schools. The duration of studying varies from 2 week to 1 months, the educational program consists of the following items:
- Studying English (from 15 hours per week)
- Busy daily routine (sections, excursions, evening events)
- Nutrition and accommodation
- Acquaintance with culture and sights of Scotland
- Certification document after completion of the program.
What is important to consider when choosing a school, in addition to rankings and professionalism of teachers?Location, student and extracurricular activities - clubs, communities. The type of education is joint or separate (only for boys or only for girls), of course. Religious affiliation (if or not, how clearly expressed), a unified policy, the presence of a curfew and a uniform.
Universities in Glasgow: programs, education conditions
Study in Glasgow offer to the international students obtaining not only high-quality secondary education, but also higher education. There are prestigious colleges in Glasgow, which do not concede British high schools in the quality of education:
- INTO Glasgow Caledonian University
- University of Strathclyde
- University of Glasgow
- University of the West of Scotland.
The structure of higher education system in Scotland is also subject to the Bologna Process, therefore it includes the following stages:
In-depth higher education
General statistics on education in Glasgow
General information about Glasgow
|Region 2||Glasgow City|
Cost of living in Glasgow
|Expenses - USD/Month.||Min.||Med.|
|Communications and utilities||70||94|
|Sports and leisure||22||82|
Accommodation options in Glasgow
|Shared room outside of centre||259|
|Shared room in city centre||379|
|1 bedroom apartment outside of centre||426|
|1 bedroom apartment in city centre||588|
Coordinates of Glasgow
|Elevation (STRM3)||40 m.|
Rankings University of Glasgow
|World ranking by industry|
|Arts and Humanities||67|
|Engineering and Technology||156|
|Life Sciences and Medicine||46|
|Social Sciences and Management||132|
|World ranking by discipline|
|QS World University Rankings||63|
|ARWU Academic Ranking||101|