- 1. Thoroughly analyze educational opportunities and educational institutions
- 2. When applying, do not limit yourself to one university
- 3. Make the right portfolio
- 4. Prepare for a personal interview and do not worry
If you have always wanted to make your profession your main profession and way of earning - education in the main universities of the UK will help you achieve your goal. This article will be useful to those high school students who plan to enter the UK for creative specialties - visual and performing arts, architecture, design, fashion - and already know about the huge competition for each place presented. Let's work together to develop the right strategy, which will help significantly increase the chances of successful enrollment!
1. Thoroughly analyze educational opportunities and educational institutions
Today, all major universities and private schools have their own websites, plus a huge number of articles, reviews, rankings and photos are available on the Internet. Do not be lazy to review all the information about creative universities that you can find. Read brochures for foreign students, see the cost of various courses and programs, specialties, assess their financial capabilities. Maybe the university you have chosen offers grants or scholarships for foreign students. Such a chance should not be missed.
2. When applying, do not limit yourself to one university
Of course, for yourself, you can define the University of Dreams - the only and unique, to study in which is your cherished dream. But, when submitting applications and packages of documents, do not just be limited to them! Try to maximize your chances of enrollment - SMAPSE experts recommend selecting 10-15 universities and higher schools in the selection process:
- 3-4 top institutions (strict, competitive selection of the most talented students, high competition)
- 3-4 institutions, which are quite satisfied with your opportunities, achievements and abilities, to enter into which is quite realistic
- 3-4 "spare" universities (the required level is even lower than your ability, while there are educational programs on which you will be useful and interesting to learn).
Thus, even in case of failure with the cherished first group, you will have several options for obtaining a prestigious and quality education - the time, effort and money spent will not be lost.
3. Make the right portfolio
Portfolio is practically the main criterion for admission of applicants to creative schools and universities: it shows the admissions committee your abilities, talent, perseverance, creative abilities and breadth of thinking. To approach to drawing up of a portfolio it is necessary as much as possible attentively, because this will be the decisive factor for your enrollment.
SMAPSE experts already wrote for you an article on how to make a winning portfolio - you can find it here. Let's repeat that the portfolio should be medium in scope, include the most winning your work, performed in different styles, using different techniques and materials. You can send different portfolios to different universities, slightly changing it and harmoniously adjusting to the specifics and requirements of each institution.
4. Prepare for a personal interview and do not worry
Foreign students entering British universities, most often in addition to the introductory tests and a package of documents, are assigned a personal interview. This is an excellent chance to present your portfolio on your own (who knows your advantages and strengths better than you?), Make an excellent impression and prove yourself as a talented, efficient, promising student. "Rehearse" your conversation in advance: try to make it structured, clear, repeat the required vocabulary, if necessary - check your speech on friends and acquaintances. You will succeed!