The only international document that certifies the identity of a student and provides preferential travel is the ISIC card. It will be useful for students when traveling. The main purpose of creating ISIC is to support curious and sociable students and provide access to student facilities in any country in the world.
The map was first issued with the support of UNESCO in 1953. Today it can be obtained in more than a hundred countries around the world. It looks like a regular credit card and has all the necessary degrees of protection. The document contains the student's personal data: name, date of birth, photo and signature.
ISIC card benefits
Unlike student ID cards, which only serve as an identification card, the card has advanced features. It can easily replace up to 95% of discount cards, as it provides 40,000 discounts on travel, entertainment and accommodation.
Benefits of using ISIC:
- discount on travel in the country and abroad
- discounts on purchases in stores and online services
- discounts in cultural and leisure facilities, cafes, restaurants, hotels and hostels
- privileges for additional education, language courses, trainings and master classes
- access to the international student communications system
- discount on international calls and more.
Having a card makes it possible to receive round-the-clock assistance anywhere in the world - Helpline. ISIC combines the functions of an identity document, travel ticket, discount and bank card. A complete list of current discounts and offers can be found on the official website.
Terms of registration
ISIC card can be issued by:
- schoolchildren from 12 years old
- students of technical schools, colleges and schools
- day and evening students
- graduate students, interns
- students of language courses lasting more than nine months.
The card is issued in a few minutes at the university or in a special center for issuing electronic identity cards, provided that all documents are provided in the original and a printed portrait photograph.
University and college students will need:
- completed form
- student / postgraduate card
- passport or international passport
- color or black and white portrait photo 3 * 4 cm in printed form.
Students should prepare:
- completed questionnaire
- passport, international passport or birth certificate
- social card or school certificate
- color or black and white photo 3 * 4 cm.
If it is impossible to issue a card at an educational institution, you can do it online on the official website or at the office of the project partner company. To submit an application via the Internet, the application form is filled out online, documents and photos are uploaded in electronic form.