Canada offers some of the best academic study programs worldwide thanks to its high educational standards, well-developed school infrastructure and highly qualified teachers. The conditions for admission to Canadian schools should be looked at on the official website of the chosen educational institution, but TOP-5 important aspects of preparation for the application process for foreign students can be highlighted.
TOP-5 most important nuances for admission to schools in Canada
So that admission to prestigious educational institutions of Canada does not create problems, it is worth preparing for it in advance. Consider the TOP-5 issues that foreign applicants face when entering the best schools in Canada.
1. What package of documents needs to be prepared?
Traditionally, the list of documents required for admission includes:
- Scorecard with grades for the last 2 years
- Letters of recommendation from teachers
- International Certificate of English proficiency test
- Awards for creative, sporting or scientific achievements
- Application for admission.
In addition, some prestigious schools in Canada additionally conduct interviews with foreign applicants and test them for knowledge of the school curriculum.
A more complete and accurate list of documents is worth looking at the official website of the selected educational institution. In most cases, all documents are submitted with translation into English.
2. What are the deadlines for submitting documents?
Usually, preparation for entering the best schools abroad should begin no later than one year before the start of studies abroad. In addition to filing documents, during this period of time you can pass a language test (if necessary), obtain a visa and solve other organizational issues. The exact dates for submitting documents should be viewed on the official website of the school, as they may vary depending on the chosen educational institution.
3. What is the cost of education in Canadian schools?
The average cost of education in Canada is from 45,000 to 55,000 CAD $ per year per person. The price usually includes all the necessary educational materials, studying for the selected program, accommodation, meals and some extracurricular activities. Please note that in Canada there is a separation of schools into public and private. In public schools, full-time education is most often used - in this case, parents will have to take care of the accommodation and guardian for their children.
Additional items of expenditures usually fall on air tickets, visa processing, translation of documents, registration fees, bank expenses, medical insurance, additional classes and excursions, pocket expenses.
4. Are there any age limits for admission?
Canadian educational institutions do not impose additional requirements regarding the age of their applicants in most cases.
5. Do I need additional education for foreign students to enter the country's leading schools?
It is worth evaluating the level of academic preparation of a student individually. If you are confident in the knowledge of your child, then additional classes will not be required. In addition, many popular schools in Canada run vacation summer programs for international students. Such language schools for the summer will help the child significantly increase their level of language proficiency and get acquainted with the culture of the country. Some popular educational institutions offer linguistic courses, combined with preparation for entering the school, where students will also be able to pull up academic disciplines and get acquainted with the requirements for students.
Step-by-step instruction for entering Canadian top schools
- The first and main step is to choose an educational institution. When choosing a school in Canada, you should pay attention to its ranking, reputation, location, proposed curriculum, cost of education, as well as feedback from parents and students. In addition, when choosing an academic program, special attention should be paid to the list of subjects studied.
- The second step is the preparation of documents for admission. On the official website of the school of Canada, you need to familiarize yourself with the list of documents that are needed for the entry of foreign students. In accordance with it, it is worth preparing a package of documents translated into English.
- The third, but no less important step is the submission of documents. The main thing here is to send all the necessary documents in a timely manner.
- Further steps depend on the institution and its policies. They include tuition, visa, insurance and more.
SMAPSE specialists will be happy to help you to choose a school and advise you on any questions that arise.