The One Academy is a private institution of art and design with international accreditation and state awards. The founders of the academy, Tatsun Hoi and Veronika Ho, decided to open a university due to the lack of people with creative thinking: for the first 5 years, the academy was the most famous art university in Asia. Tatsun Hoi, who runs the academy to this day, is an honorary member of the Association of Young Businessmen of Malaysia and has the “Outstanding Young Malaysian” award.
The Academy consists of 8 schools:
Students initially receive a general course, after which they choose a narrower focus. The Academy collaborates with the University of Hertfordshire (UK), providing students with the opportunity to earn a bachelor's degree in humanities.
Graduates of The One Academy achieve great heights: among them are the creators of special effects for the films Avatar, The Incredible Hulk and other successful specialists in the field of design and graphics.
The academy, in addition to training classes, offers students a number of interest clubs: sports, dance, games, photo clubs. Themed evenings, seminars and excursions are regularly held - their main goal is to unite the team, which contributes to group thinking and the search for new creative ideas.
Training takes place in 2 semesters (from May and November). Costs range from $ 2,500 per year: they include accommodation, meals, travel by public transport, the purchase of educational literature, and so on.
To apply for Foundation, you must have an SPM, O-Level, UEC, or equivalent. For admission to a bachelor's course, the requirements may differ slightly depending on the specialization - mainly this:
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.