University of Technology Malaysia (UTM) was founded in 1975 and is the highest public educational institution in Malaysia. The leading areas of university preparation are art and humanities, technologists and engineering, management and social sciences.
UTM is part of the following associations:
The UTM Foundation program offers students an alternative choice of pre-university education in addition to obtaining a certificate of maturity, a certificate of the Malaysian High School (STPM) and other foundation programs recognized by the Government of Malaysia.
Students are provided with basic knowledge in the fields of engineering, science and social sciences, preparing them for the next educational level in UTM.
The university offers undergraduate programs in the following areas:
The university offers master's programs in the following areas:
PhD is a research qualification designed for students pursuing an academic or research career. The degree is awarded on the basis of the submission of a dissertation, demonstrating the applicant’s ability to conduct research, and proving that the candidate, having demonstrated originality and independence, made a significant contribution to knowledge in a particular scientific field.
UTM offers doctoral programs in the following areas:
UTM provides campus accommodation for more than 12,000 students. In addition, the university offers family dormitories (301 places) for students with spouses and children.
The university is located in the south of the Malay Peninsula in the capital of the Johor Sultanate - Johor Bahru. UTM logistics includes:
The school has a two-semester academic year.
To enter the UTM you need:
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.