Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
Description of Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
- Established: 1975
- Type: State Higher Educational Institution
- Location: Johor Bahru, Malaysia
- Rating: 402
- Language of instruction: Malay, English.
University of Technology Malaysia (UTM) was founded in 1975 and is the highest public educational institution in Malaysia. The leading areas of university preparation are art and humanities, technologists and engineering, management and social sciences.
UTM is part of the following associations:
- Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU)
- Association of Southeast Asian Institutions of Higher Learning (ASAIHL)
- Federation of the Universities of the Islamic World (FUIW).
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
Accommodation, meals, prices
UTM provides campus accommodation for more than 12,000 students. In addition, the university offers family dormitories (301 places) for students with spouses and children.
- Cost of living = 300MYR-1100MYR / month.
- According to world ratings, UTM is in the top of educational institutions on the planet and in the top 400 in terms of education quality
- The university takes 3rd place among the best universities in the country
- According to QS World 2019, UTM is in the top 10 educational institutions in Southeast Asia
- University recognized by the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation of Malaysia (MOSTI)
- The educational institution offers international exchange programs and scholarship programs
- A large number of foreign experts teach at UTM.
Facilities and equipment at Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
The university is located in the south of the Malay Peninsula in the capital of the Johor Sultanate - Johor Bahru. UTM logistics includes:
- Training rooms
- Computer labs
- Meeting room and seminar room
- Audio visual room
- Information and Construction Center
- Center for Artificial Intelligence and Robotics (CAIRO)
- Plotter center
- The library
- Institute for High Voltage and High Current (IVAT)
- Wind tunnel
- Laboratories by:
- Wireless Industrial Emissions (WIE)
- Long Term Development (LTE)
- Antenna measurement (anechoic chamber)
- Specific Absorption Rate (SAR)
- Ecology and others.
Admission dates and extra charges
The school has a two-semester academic year.
- The cost of living in Johor Bahru = $ 385 -597 $ / month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the UTM you need:
- Education Documents
- Certificate of English Proficiency TOEFL / IELTS
- Research proposal (master's, doctoral)
- Letter from the sponsor (if necessary)
- Confirmation of work experience (if necessary)
- Copy of the first page of the passport
- The photo.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.