Business school students talked about what they were taught in MBA programs and how their knowledge in business was useful to them.
Skolkovo School, Russia
The International Business School in Moscow provides training entirely in English. Skolkovo cooperates with top universities in Europe and the United States, and Skolkovo teachers work in the world's leading universities.
What does the school offer to entrepreneurs:
- MBA and EMBA
- Workshops lasting 5 months
- Courses for teens
- Grants and financial aid: discounts up to 50% and 100%.
Ilya Karmishin, General Director of High Voltage Brains, shared his MBA experience. The program includes semesters abroad - students study at the best universities (such as Stanford and Berkeley), visit companies in Silicon Valley. All education in Russia and abroad takes place in English. MBA programs include the study of subject knowledge and the development of skills that are valuable for work and life: the ability to negotiate, to lead people. In 2020-21, students study according to a modular system:
- Absolute immersion - 5 days a month, classes run from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., after 6 p.m. a speaker will speak until 10 p.m.
- Pre-editing - homework before the next module
- Cost of the MBA program: 60,000 €.
The school has a large number of hobby clubs and professional communities, and off-site events are held. One of the modules takes place in Kamchatka: students live in tents, go hiking and fly by helicopter.
The course includes:
- Working on a personal strategy
- Communication technique
- Practice of decision making and management knowledge
- Business tools
- Physical practice to maintain the most efficient implementation of ambitious tasks.
How is the training going:
- Duration: 5 months
- One week dive once a month
- Study lasts from 8: 00-22: 00
- Directions: health practice, managerial knowledge, decision-making practice, personal workshop, communication techniques, design or adjustment of projects
- Teachers: practicing specialists.
The day on the Practicum program begins with dancing, yoga or swimming. During the day, students learn business tools, such as building a business map. The homework between the modules was difficult: to shoot a vlog about business, hold 20 business meetings, fly on a business trip to another country. Students are strictly selected: only competitive specialists who are ready to work hard during their studies win. Often business owners over 40 who have reached certain heights in their business and do not know where to move on, get on the course.
Harvard Business School, USA
The school was founded in 1908 and was the first to introduce a case study system.
- Business analytics
- Tuition fee: $ 70,000 per year.
Boris Bobrov, the chairman of the board of directors of the European Clinic, tells how he studied in 2016-2018:
- Duration: 1 year
- Three week full-time modules
- Independent work during breaks from modules
- Cost of the program: $ 30,000 per year (tuition, accommodation, meals, all activities and training materials).
Study at Harvard is built on the case-stud method (this is where this method was developed). The case study system does not provide theoretical knowledge: students independently seek solutions to certain problems and thereby master valuable management skills and mental reflexes. In such classes, students speak up to 90% of the lesson, expressing their vision of solving the problem. At the end of the lesson, the teacher tells how this or that problem was actually solved. Boris advises students: “For those who are going to study abroad, I would recommend first of all not to overestimate their level of English. The second important point that needs to be taken into account is that nothing can be done in parallel. The training is very intensive, so don't expect to be able to run your business remotely in the evening and at night. "
Kingston Business School, UK
- The school's MBA program is held in Moscow on the basis of RANGiGS
- Cost: 1 360 000 RUR for 20 months
- The educational institution has a full range of prestigious international accreditations: AMBA, EPAS, AASCB
- The courses are taught by outstanding teachers from Russia and Britain
- A set of disciplines: strategy, finance, operations management, statistics, entrepreneurship, marketing, personnel management, personal development, public speaking, making presentations.
Angela Gracheva, Deputy General Director of SPN Communications, Kingston MBA alumnus, Ph.D. in Economics, ICF coach: “I rate my studies at business school as an excellent investment, which at a certain stage helped me to reach a new level in my career and expand the circle of interesting acquaintances” ...
Wharton School of Business, USA
Business School at the University of Pennsylvania is one of the oldest in the world: they began to study business here back in 1881. Programs:
- Application programs
- Online Certificate Courses
- Classic program cost: $ 112,000.
Mikhail Myagkov, CEO and founder of MAXIMUM Education, described foreign and Russian business schools in this way: “Top schools are distinguished not only by a 'star' teaching staff, but also by their capabilities. The best business schools open the doors to the corporate world: since the selection for business schools is very strict, students study in the strongest environment of successful people from all over the world, so many come here not for knowledge, but for useful contacts.
The range of subjects and the quality of the programs are the same in leading and good business schools. Mikhail distinguishes one more category - "all other" schools, but he does not recommend considering them.
So that students can surround themselves with like-minded people, the university creates special conditions - participation in communities of interest, inviting employers, informal meetings. Employers believe that the business school has already selected the best and are constantly inviting students to their place.
After the end of the program, according to Mikhail, he could go to work anywhere in the world. He chose New York. In my own company, the knowledge and skills acquired at school helped shape business processes and see all processes in their entirety. It turned out to be very valuable to understand the tools for attracting investments, preparing for investment rounds, using various financial instruments for the development of the company.
Stockholm School of Economics, Sweden
- Executive MBA
- Management in the oil and gas industry
- Strategic market development
- Short courses in finance and branding
- Corporate programs
- Tuition fee: 1 980 000R.
Maxim Dziuba, director of the North direction of Home Credit bank, receives an MBA at the Stockholm School of Economics and says: "Higher economic education is enough until a certain stage, then you need top executive professional education." It is for this purpose that Maxim chose SSE, in which all classes are held in English, and diplomas meet international standards.
- MiM, MRM, MBA, EMBA
- Leadership and Management Programs
- Tuition fee for EMBA for 2 years: $ 75,000.
Inna Anisimova - General Director of PR Partner Agency - spoke about her training in the EMBA program:
- Duration: 1.5 years
- 2 weeks every 2 months
- 10 modules
- Part of the training took place online
- Group discussion of cases, lectures by practicing teachers, seminars and discussions from 8:00 to 18:00.
“There were a lot of fun tasks that weren't quite typical for top mercenaries. For example, in San Francisco I had to make two meetings myself with startups in your area to find out from them what they do and where the segment you are interested in is heading. "
Stanford University Graduate School of Business
- full-time MBA, EMBA, MSx, PhD
- Duration of MBA: 2 years
- Cost: $ 70,000 per year.
Jamie Beaton, CEO of Crimson Education, was short: "No regrets - if I could have gained this knowledge even earlier, I would have done it."