Mon-Fri 8-17, Sat-Sun 10-16
(UK time)

Travel Insurance: What should I do if an insured event occurs?

Categories: education abroadEducation in the United Kingdomschools in the United Kingdomuniversities in the United Kingdomsecondary education in the United Kingdomcamps in the United Kingdomlanguage courses in the United Kingdomlanguage courses abroadenglish in the United KingdomEducation in Franceschools in Franceuniversities in Francelanguage courses in Francelanguage courses abroadcamps in Francesecondary education in Franceenglish in FranceEducation in Spainschools in Spainuniversities in Spainsecondary education in Spainlanguage courses in Spainlanguage courses abroadcamps in Spainenglish in SpainEducation in Canadaschools in Canadauniversities in Canadasecondary education in Canadacamps in Canadalanguage courses in Canadalanguage courses abroadenglish in CanadaEducation in the USAschools in the USAuniversities in the USAsecondary education in the USAcamps in the USAlanguage courses in the USAlanguage courses abroadenglish in the USAEducation in Switzerlandschools in Switzerlanduniversities in Switzerlandsecondary education in Switzerlandcamps in Switzerlandlanguage courses in Switzerlandlanguage courses abroadenglish in SwitzerlandEducation in Italyschools in Italyuniversities in Italylanguage courses in Italylanguage courses abroadcamps in Italysecondary education in Italyenglish in ItalyEducation in Chinauniversities in Chinaschools in Chinalanguage courses in Chinalanguage courses abroadcamps in Chinasecondary education in Chinaenglish in ChinaEducation in Netherlandsuniversities in Netherlandsschools in Netherlandssecondary education in Netherlandslanguage courses in Netherlandslanguage courses abroadcamps in Netherlandsenglish in NetherlandsEducation in Irelanduniversities in Irelandschools in Irelandcamps in Irelandlanguage courses in Irelandlanguage courses abroadsecondary education in Irelandenglish in IrelandEducation in Austriaschools in Austriauniversities in Austrialanguage courses in Austrialanguage courses abroadcamps in Austriasecondary education in Austriaenglish in AustriaEducation in Scotlanduniversities in Scotlandschools in Scotlandlanguage courses in Scotlandlanguage courses abroadcamps in Scotlandsecondary education in Scotlandenglish in Scotland
Show all
Travel Insurance: What should I do if an insured event occurs?

Remember: on travel always carry an insurance policy with you, on any excursion and even for dinner in a city restaurant! Of course, you will always have an electronic option - but it should be mentioned that, when an insurance event occurs, it will be much faster to show an existing paper policy than to download it from a phone or e-mail. 

The first thing you need to do is call your insurance company for emergency numbers. Abroad an intermediary (assistance) usually works: it will change the reservation of your tickets, organize your visit to the clinic, look for a doctor, etc. The numbers of intermediary companies are also always indicated in the insurance policy, and the costs for telephone and roaming are also covered by the insurance amount of your policy.

Prepare to inform the operator on the line the following data:

  • Your Name
  • Number of personal insurance policy, validity period
  • Your location
  • What help do you need (the essence of the situation - what happened)
  • Coordinates and contacts for feedback.

Be sure to coordinate with your specialist ALL of your actions: otherwise it may very well be that "unauthorized" expenses will not be covered - you will completely pay them out of your pocket.

Be sure to keep all receipts and other documents, certificates and prescription forms: if you are refused to issue them for any reason - ask for an official refusal (in writing), this is useful when receiving insurance payments in your home country.

Read also...
You may be interested

Your comment/review/question:
Callback Free course selection Online consultant