Britain today is the leader in the number of offers of summer camps for students. Vacation programs combine study and rest, include linguistic and academic aspects with a good deal of adventure. This can be an excellent summer plan for foreign students, including for children with poor language level. Schools, colleges and universities of the country occupy high places in regional and world rankings, have excellent reviews. Different prices and prices make it possible for everyone to choose the right program.
Advantages of the camps in Britain:
- The British education system is one of the best in the world
- Are held, including in the most elite and prestigious establishments
- Possibility to get acquainted with the internal order of the school or university
- Fast and effective progress in mastering the language
- Active extracurricular activities (sports, creativity, hobbies)
- Cultural and recreational activities
- The choice of duration, intensity, direction
- Highly qualified teachers, trainers and staff
- Accommodation and meals in comfortable conditions
- A significant contribution to the portfolio.
Standard duration of educational programs is 2-6 weeks. All participants are divided into age groups, as each of them corresponds to its own methods and techniques:
- 3-7 years;
- 8-11 years old;
- 12-15 years old;
- 16-18 years old.
It is possible to have a 24-hour or a day on campus (the first option is more common). Education is characterized by good-natured atmosphere. Language classes take place 5 days a week before lunch; After-dinner time and weekends are allotted to sports, creativity, entertainment. The combination of study and rest gives an impressive result, which, to no small degree, is facilitated by a complete language immersion - communication in English goes on constantly. Teachers have exceptionally high qualifications, rich work experience and build a comfortable, "home" atmosphere. The number of students in one class usually does not exceed 10-12 people. Language lessons have several different types:
- Increase in the level (standard and intensive)
- Preparation for passing professional tests and exams
- Preparation for admission to educational institutions.
Extra-curricular activities are time-consuming and almost paramount, since summer is, first of all, vacations, rest, pleasant impressions. Sport and creativity are intertwined in various combinations depending on the wishes of the student. There are different directions:
- Academic. First of all, for those who want to "tighten up" their knowledge of subjects or plan to enter British educational institutions. Lessons are conducted on certain sections or sciences, including biology, chemistry, physics, history, mathematics, ecology and much more. Today, such industries as robotics, computer science, and the development of the Internet are in great demand. All the latest inventions and discoveries find an explanation from the lips of professionals; much time is devoted to practice.
- Sports. They focus on a certain kind of physical activity, and in the course of persistent professional training they increase the overall level of training. Great popularity has a program for football, golf, cricket, tennis, squash, badminton, water polo.
- Creative. A certain type of art and creativity is chosen, and a comprehensive course of development is conducted (visual arts, cinema, theater, music, dance, design and much more). Students can use the unique capabilities of studios and centers on campus. Meetings with artists, directors, artists, journalists and writers are arranged.
Regularly held events and excursions - both on campus and off-site. Employees carefully study the list of visits, so that the excursions are remembered for a long time and gave only pleasant impressions. Students learn a lot of new things, adapt to their lifestyle and make friends. Upon completion of the course, a confirmation certificate is issued.
The host country provides accommodation and meals for the entire period of study. Types:
- Accommodation in a hostel on campus
- Bedrooms for 1-3 people
- Fully equipped rooms
- Shared or private bathrooms
- Laundry, internet, TV
- Staff and protection
- Meals - full board (3 or 5 times a day).
2. Host family:
- Bedroom in the house of the British family
- A separate bathroom (or a total of 2-3 students)
- Use of all the comforts of home
- Assistance in difficult matters
- Breakfast and dinner at home, lunch at the camp.
3. Individual accommodation:
- Accommodation in a hotel apartment or apartment
- Not available in all institutions
- Required under certain conditions
- Lunch on campus, breakfast and dinner - individually (options are possible).
Examples of summer programs:
- Cambridge University. A renowned university, mainly offers serious academic programs for teenagers. Characterized by the highest level of education in disciplines.
- PGL Marchants Hill. Directions: multi-activity (team games, trampoline jumping, archery or rifle shooting, fencing, rock climbing, cycling, orienteering and much more); motorcycling; the photo; music; entertainment.
- Pilgrims Harrow School. Classes + active leisure and leisure. Friendly informal atmosphere, a large number of trips.
- Liddington. Professional football: intensive training, development of team spirit, technique and success. Coaches and mentors from existing football clubs.
- Bell St. Albans School. Directions: football, cricket, rugby, volleyball, swimming; design, various types of art (including jewelry). Two field trips per week, meetings with famous people and invited experts.
- Buckswood school. Language + dances and drama (general physical preparation, flexibility and aerobics, dance fitness, modern trends, classical ballet, aerobics with hoop, jazz).
- Taunton School. Academic course. English: written speech, speaking, reading, listening, grammar, vocabulary and syntax, phonetics and correct pronunciation, correction of accent. Additional disciplines: mathematics, chemistry, biology, physics, geography, history, art, design and technology. Extracurricular activity and physical exercises.
Cost and participation prices fluctuate depending on many factors - educational institution, direction, other factors. In general, the price dispersion allows you to choose the right education for everyone. The total cost usually includes:
- English classes
- Classes for academic disciplines (if available)
- Accommodation and meals
- Excursions & Activities
- Sport and creativity
- Medical insurance (not always).
Air travel, processing of documents and visas, pocket expenses are paid separately. Do not forget that the demand for summer camps in Britain is very high, and book a course is better in advance (especially with regard to prestigious institutions). For admission the following documents are required:
- Passport (and copy)
- Parental consent to comply with all rules of conduct
- Certificate of the level of ownership (not always).
Language camps in Britain give children from all over the world a great opportunity to spend a vacation fun and with profit, learn a lot of new things and make new friends!