Taunton School International Boarding school
Description of Taunton School International Boarding school
- Taunton School International location: Taunton;
- Age of students: 7-18 years old;
- Programs at Taunton School International: Primary School, Secondary School, GCSE, A-level;
- Number of students: about 1000;
- Foundation year: 1847;
- Type of education: mixed;
- Accommodation: residence;
- Cost of studying: from 10 000 GBP full board per term;
- Ranking: TOP-5 private boarding schools in South West England, 96% of the school's graduates enter Prestigious universities, in particular Oxbridge. The average score for IB - 33.
Prestigious Taunton School in Somerset accepts international students from the 1990s. Taunton School offers preparatory courses for those wishing to study in the UK. Foreign students, whose level of English is sufficient to assimilate the school curriculum, can enter appropriate classes without exams and passing preparatory courses.
Students have an opportunity to receive a classical fundamental British education. A high level of academic preparation allows graduates of the educational institution to enter the leading universities in Britain and the world, including Cambridge and Oxford.
International students can study GCSE and A-level programs. In addition, they are provided with the possibility of intensive English courses in groups of 10 students.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Taunton School International Boarding school
Accommodation, meals, prices
The school has several comfortable residences. Students live in 1-2-bed rooms. Facilities in the residences are on floors. In common use there are also kitchens, recreation rooms and self-studying rooms.
The school provides board meals in a spacious dining room. Students are offered a wide choice of English and European dishes.
Subject list: Art, biology, business, chemistry, Classical civilization, design, economics, English literature, geography, Information Technology, maths, physics, Psychology, Religious studies
- Taunton School is a highly ranked school. Attention of teachers, excellent organization of education and leisure make studying here effective, interesting and comfortable;
- Special attention is paid to developing leadership qualities of students, their social skills. Graduates are erudite, focused on high goals, know how to work individually and in a team;
- The school provides a lot of opportunities for developing students' abilities and revealing their creative, sporting potential;
- Extra-curricular program provides students with interesting leisure time. While studying at a prestigious private school in the UK, every foreign student can get acquainted with the main sights, customs, traditions of the inhabitants of the country;
- Academic successes of students are supervised by curators. If necessary, the curriculum is corrected.
Facilities and equipment at Taunton School International Boarding school
The school has created all the conditions for effective studying and creative development of students:
- Spacious auditoriums with interactive whiteboards;
- 16 computer classes;
- A rich library with printed and electronic resources.
Sport facilities are also well-equipped. A large variety of sports is represented in the school:
- Aqua aerobics.
Also, on the campus there are residences, a canteen, a cafeteria, a medical center, an entertainment infrastructure.
Admission dates and extra charges
Academic year: September - June.
- Registration fee - 100 pounds;
- Deposit in the amount of one trimester.
- Registration fee (for a programme/course) 100 GBP
- Deposit for a course/programme 3000 GBP
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Taunton School International Boarding school
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.