Manchester is a British popular city, there are excellent educational institutions there. Studying in Manchester for foreign students will open many opportunities: colleges and universities have modern academic programs, many options for interesting pastime, museums for students are free, many gardens and parks, and the city is small and youth.
Advantages of studying in Manchester for international students
- The modern British educational system is considered one of the best in the world: competently formed academic programs, advanced techniques and modern technical equipment contribute to a highly effective learning process
- Foreign students are friendly, teachers and local people are always ready to help
- Comfortable living conditions: convenient location close to shopping and entertainment infrastructure, to the city center
- Great opportunities for sports and music
- Many foreigners believe that the easiest way to move to England for permanent residence is to enter a British school. There are two large universities in the city, thanks to which progressive young people from all over the world come here
- Here is a wonderful atmosphere: the weather is somewhat colder than in London, but the city itself is smaller and living here is cheaper than in the capital. Foreign students will be pleasantly surprised by the abundance of greenery and the red brick low-rise building, which forms a special look of the city.
- In the TOP universities there is a serious load: schedule is busy, much effort and attention will be required not only for study, but also participation in public life
- Student visa allows students to work during the school year, but part-time, a maximum of 20 hours per week
- In order to stay in the country after school, many students start sending CVs and going to interviews during the school year, although the student visa is usually valid for another six months after receiving the diploma. As a result, the work permit allows to apply for a work visa and stay in the country
- The employer will be obliged to pay a working visa of the foreign candidate, so it is desirable to seek work in large companies
- The chances of staying in England are significantly increased if the specialty of students is on the shortage list: medical directions, pedagogy and IT sphere.
Features of educational institutions in Manchester
Manchester educational system is presented by:
- State and private institutions, the study of which is based on the basic British educational programs
- Institutions that do not issue degrees and specialize in preparation for university
Let's consider the peculiarities of education in each of the presented educational centers.
Manchester State Schools
This type of educational institution has many advantages:
- Affordable prices (tuition fees from £ 6000)
- Most schools assume only a day-long form of education (in this case, it is necessary to find a host family), but there are public boarding schools
- Educational programs in such centers is absolutely the same as in the private
- Openness and accessibility to all comers.
Private boarding schools in Manchester
In boarding schools for children, elite education is waiting for - the cost, of course, is much higher than in public schools, but there are even more opportunities and amenities here:
- Children live in comfortable conditions - some schools create the conditions equivalent to a five-star hotel: here the children are waiting for spacious dining rooms, comfortable rooms, many opportunities for sports and leisure activities
- Children study in small classes, where teachers give each student maximum attention and carefully follow the progress of each
- The guys are under constant control and in a safe environment
- Among private schools you can find the following types: day, five-day and boarding houses.
Football Academy Edukick is a football boarding school where it is possible to pick up short-term programs or long-term education. The courses include sports, English classes and listening to lectures on academic subjects. You can study the basic programs: GCSE, A-Level, High School Diploma. The cost of studying will be from 42000 $ per year.
Popular preparatory courses for admission to the University of Manchester
In the issue of admission to university preparation courses can be very useful and play a decisive role in enrollment. Preparation courses are designed to bring academic knowledge to the required level (the level of English school graduates is much higher) and help to adapt to a new language environment. Many foreign students find it difficult to adapt to life abroad, and to study at the university requires a decent command of the language, so these courses are recommended to those who are confident in academic knowledge, but have not enough conversational experience.
- INTO Manchester is an educational institution for foreign students who have decided to receive higher education in Britain. In the center you can find programs that are aimed at future bachelors, masters and graduate students ( academic English courses , University Pathway). This educational center has become a launching pad for many international students! Tuition fees: from 17156 £ per year.
Features of studying at the universities in Manchester, the cost of studying in Manchester for international students
- University of Manchester is one of the most prestigious British universities with a large research and development center. It is a multidisciplinary institution that invites students to study at the faculties of music, commerce, business administration, pedagogy, art, science, engineering, law. The cost of studying will be from 17000 £ per year.