- How to choose a school, features of programs, types of schools and what is better
- The best Swiss boarding schools
- Conditions of admission and prices
Today, education for Russian students and schoolchildren in Switzerland is a unique opportunity to obtain the highest academic skills, learn several languages and get a comprehensive development of the personality in the most favorable and comfortable conditions. Swiss educational institutions offer a wide range of programs, luxurious living and familiarity with this amazing country.
How to choose a school, features of programs, types of schools and what is better
Secondary education in Switzerland: elite "schools for kings"
- Along with the state run private schools , which are most suitable for foreign students. This elite educational centers, known for the highest quality of the educational process, the most modern equipment of classes and luxurious residences for living
- Another unique feature of Swiss schools is the opportunity to choose a certificate: you can get a certificate of a Swiss model or another country, as well as a double passport
- In private pensions, children of monarchs, heads of state, aristocrats, creative elites and scientists with world renown
- Private boarding schools have emerged as schools for children from abroad, so they differ from ordinary schools by an international environment. As a rule, educational institutions establish quotas for applicants - the number of foreigners from one country can not exceed 10% of the total number of students in the school. Such a criterion creates a balance and a true intercultural atmosphere, so all students learn on an equal footing, adapt more easily, have equal opportunities and rights
- The number of boarding schools is about 200 in Switzerland, and the average number of pupils in one school does not exceed 200 people.
The language of instruction : one of the features of studying in Swiss educational institutions is an excellent chance to learn several languages and choose the language of the training course. There are four official languages in the country: German , French, Italian and Retro-Romanian, plus almost every Swiss communicates freely in English. The IB program is usually conducted in English, but European languages are always studied (one for choice): German, French or Italian . British and American programs A-level and GCSE are conducted in English . You can choose to study French, German or Swiss section, the training is conducted in one of three languages: French, German or English, respectively.
Types of programs:
- International Baccalaureate, IB - the most popular course, which absorbed all the best of European education. Getting such a degree opens the doors of any university in Europe
- GCSE (General Certificate of Secondary Education) and A-level - for those who are aimed at getting an education in a British university
- The American section - for those wishing to obtain higher education in the US, the program is developed according to the American education system
- The English-language section is a combined course that is more universal in nature
- French section - learning in French
- The German section - the programs are conducted in German and are oriented towards the German model, guarantee entry into German universities and are considered the most stringent in the discipline
- The Swiss section is built in accordance with the requirements of the Swiss Department of Education. The language of instruction can be selected (German, French or English).
The best Swiss boarding schools
- College Du Leman is one of the best schools with a lot of programs and the opportunity to study in French or English. School qualifications are recognized in any country in Europe and the world. Today the school represents several hectares of territory located on the shore of the famous Lake Geneva. The cost of training will be from 41500CHF per term
- St. George's School - a prestigious place of study, focused on the English model of education. The school is established by Oxford alumni and has a wide range of programs. The cost of training will be from 94760CHF per year
- Institut auf dem Rosenberg (Rosenberg Institute) is a top college specializing in the high level of preparation for admission to the world's higher education institutions, which are included in the world ratings. One of the merits of the school is its location between the Alps and the lake. The cost of training will be from 28000 CHF per term
- TASIS the American School - a closed school operating under the American model, is included in the TOP-30 boarding schools of the country. A special pride of the school is its multinational environment, where everyone feels at home. The cost of training will be from 35900CHF per term
- Lyceum Alpinum Zuoz is Switzerland's leading international college, located in the Alps at an altitude of 1850 meters; the school is located next to the resort of St. Moritz, which is famous for its winter and summer activities. Graduates of the school easily pass the entrance examinations to universities in Switzerland and Germany. The cost of training will be from 77500CHF per year
- Champittet College is a prestigious school located in the suburbs of Lausanne, a beautiful picturesque town with breathtaking panoramic views. Among the graduates of the school there are many famous figures - teachers, architects and engineers. The cost of training will be from 24100CHF per term.
Conditions of admission and prices
The optimal age for studying abroad is 12 years and older: at this age the schoolboy is already quite independent and has enough time for integration into the foreign environment. It is desirable to start preparing for admission in a year, and preferably two - schools have quotas, so the earlier the application is submitted, the better.
- Language requirements: above average
- Progress Report for 2-3 years
- Medical information
- Characteristics of the schoolboy
- Perhaps testing, exams or interviews.
Tuition fees: varies from 65000CHF to 120000CHF per year.
For more information about schools, the specifics of admission, you can consult SMAPSE consultants . Note that the company SMAPSE is the official representative of many educational institutions and does not take a commission for advice and assistance on admission.