Many people choose Manchester as a place of study in England. This city offers a wide range of educational services. Also in Manchester there is everything necessary for organizing an interesting leisure. The city is famous for its modern infrastructure, not devoid of historical heritage. Here, the occupation will be liked by shoppers and art lovers, sportsmen and party people.
One of the most prestigious places of study in the city is INTO University of Manchester. It attracts the attention of foreign students with the quality of educational services, impeccable reputation. Training at this university is an opportunity to get an international education.
The university offers a variety of programs. The best directions are the following:
To admission to the leading faculties of the university with insufficient competence in the field of academic disciplines and English can be found in the INTO Center at the University of Manchester. Here three programs are offered to the attention of the entrants.
The students of the department are preparing for admission to the first year of the bachelor's degree. The training takes place in the following areas:
2/3 of the program is allocated for academic training. 1/3 of the time is devoted to learning English. Also within the framework of the course, students get acquainted with such discipline as regional studies, and develop educational skills. Total lessons are given 25 hours a week.
The program is designed for 3-4 terms (9-12 months). Classes begin in September and June. The course enrolls students over 17 years with IELTS from 5.0.
Express course of preparation for classes at the Foundation. The program starts in August. Her students begin their studies in September as part of the general preparatory course. The basis of the program is the introduction to British culture, history. The course allows you to adapt to the learning environment at the University of Manchester Educational Center. The program is calculated for 2 weeks. Classes are held both in the center and outside the campus. The total load is 20 h / wk. The program is available to students aged 17+. Minimum requirements for the level of English - IELTS from 5.5.
The cost of the course and the start date is specified by the operators.
The program is aimed at entrants to the INTO preparatory courses. It allows you to improve the language skills required for training. Attention is paid to all aspects of English. Students practice in reading, writing, listening, developing communication skills, improving grammatical knowledge, expanding vocabulary. Academic studies are given 20 hours of study per week. Another hour students are engaged in self-training under the supervision of an experienced mentor.
The duration of the course is determined by the needs and level of the student's preparation (1-3 trimester). Study begins in June, April, January and September. Requirements for applicants: IELTS 3.0, age - 17+.
The cost of the program: from £ 4,150 per term.
Students of preparatory programs are accommodated in host families and residences. The family offers a separate furnished room, half board meals. The residence offers single rooms with private facilities. Meals are not provided. For self-service all conditions are created.
Cost of living:
1) Dormitory (the cost depends on the conditions and type of accommodation), a week from 151 pounds:
2) Host family (the cost depends on the conditions and type of residence), a week - from 150 pounds .
The school year of INTO University of Manchester is divided into trimesters (3-4 per year). They begin, as a rule, in June, September, January and March. For holidays, vacations, weekends and holidays are provided.
Required documents, depending on the type of institution:
|camp / language school |
|private school, boardinghouse|
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.