- Schools of England, USA, Switzerland: what documents should I submit?
- Deadlines for submitting documents
- Algorithm for document submission
Every year, tens of thousands of people from all over the world decide to send their children to study abroad : first the question arises about choosing an educational institution, a program and only then about the application process and the preparation of documents. Schools of the UK, the USA, Switzerland have similar rules for filing applications and submitting a package of documents, so it is appropriate to talk about the subtleties of filing documents and the timing of filing in this article.
Schools of England, USA, Switzerland: what documents should I submit?
So, you decided that your child will study abroad, and the question naturally arises about the list of necessary documents. In principle, the registration of documents for filing in schools should not cause special difficulties - the standard list includes:
- Copy of 1 page of passport
- Certificate of language proficiency (English, German, French or other - depending on the institution)
- A report card from the school with grades for the last 2, 3 or 4 years (depending on the requirements of the specific school)
- School Registration Form
- Recommendations from teachers (a foreign language, mathematics and a class teacher). A director's recommendation may be required
- Testing to identify the level of knowledge in certain disciplines (mathematics, language and other subjects)
- Interview with a school employee (in person or via Skype)
- Portfolio (letters, awards, personal achievements)
- Motivation letter
- Photo passport size (number from 1 to 12 pieces)
- Medical certificate on the state of health of the child, discharge of vaccinations
- Birth certificate.
As a rule, all schools have an open access model of the application, which must be filled (without missing anything) and sent just in time, attaching a package of documents to it. Educational institutions have clear rules and definite terms of registration, which must be observed.
Deadlines for submitting documents
Regarding the timing of filing, you can deduce one universal advice: the sooner, the better! Schools in England, the United States, Switzerland - especially the most prestigious and ranked - have a limited number of places and are highly competitive, so it is necessary to apply for a year and a half before the expected start of studies. In addition, schools and colleges have deadlines that also need to be clarified in advance. In some cases, emergency enrollment in school is possible - for example, when a previously reserved place is vacated - but this is rare. Our specialists are always ready to help you and in the process of standard application and if you need urgent admission.
Algorithm for document submission
Specialists in the field of education are advised to apply at once to several schools - so the chances of admission increase substantially. The algorithm for filing documents and the receipt process includes:
- Submission of an application, correctly translated into a foreign language (the application must contain the entire package of documents)
- Passing the tests sent by the school
- Not later than 6 months before the start of educational program, preparation of documents for an educational visa, their submission at least 3 months before the start of education
- Payment of a deposit in one of the schools that agreed to accept the student. If all the conditions are met, at the set time you need to pay the full cost of 1 academic year.
If you comply with all conditions and responsibly treat the process of collecting documents and filing applications, at the scheduled time the student will go to the selected school in England, the United States or Switzerland. SMAPSE specialists are ready to provide the necessary assistance and clarification on issues related to documents and deadlines.