Further Education (often referred to as the abbreviation FE) is an educational step, indicating the receipt of special knowledge and skills in addition to those obtained in secondary school, and at the same time different from the higher education program at universities. FE is accepted mainly in the territory Ireland and Great Britain, there is some similarity to the system of continuing education in USA : this can be both mastering basic skills and comprehensive effective vocational training on Level qualifications PGCE, NVQ, City and Guilds, BTEC, HNC, HND, postgraduate degrees (Postgraduate).
What is the difference between a program and a high school?
The main difference between Advanced Education and higher education is in the various educational institutions offering instruction at these levels. Further professional education is aimed at building a career without obtaining any academic degree, while studying at the university implies the assignment of a bachelor's, master's, or doctor's degree. The main emphasis is on practice, gaining valuable experience.
Additional education usually serves as an instrument for achieving basic or intermediate qualifications - sometimes students receive it for further study at the university, sometimes - for the start of specialized professional activities. Getting further education is available for students from 16 years, after receiving a certificateGCSE .
Who needs to choose Advanced Education?
This degree mainly provides education in the technical, construction and professional fields, in the field of information technology, hospitality, art and creativity, Serves as an excellent preparation for young people who want to receive a sought after and valuable specialty. According to statistics, annually more than 3 million students choose additional education, thus providing for themselves profitable economic opportunities, providing employers with skilled workers and developing regional and national economies.
Where can I get further education?
Institutions offering the possibility of additional education, according to the law of 1992, are divided into several categories:
- Sixth form colleges
- General further education colleges
- Land-based colleges
- Specialist designated colleges (specialized colleges)
- Art, design and performing art colleges (colleges of art: design, creativity and performing arts).
They are subject to and monitored by the relevant government authorities:
- The Department of Education (DfE) is responsible for students under 18 years of age; They are funded by the Education Agency (EFA)
- The Department of Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) monitors students aged 19 and older; Their financing is entrusted to the Skills Funding Agency (SFA).
More often additional education in profile colleges is offered in the following variants:
- 1 year - training + receipt of the state certificate of Higher National Certificate, HNC (most often these are applied professions, Area of art or information technology, technical sphere)
- 2 years + receiving a state diploma of Higher National Diploma (at the student's request he can be enlisted right away on the 3rd course of the chosen university)
- 3-4 years + Bachelor Degree (generally, basic higher education).