Adult language courses in Scotland for international studens. List of 9 top institutions, 2023 fees, rankings
- Education information
- Education in Scotland for adult students: cost, rankings
- Adult language courses in Scotland
- Language schools and courses in Scotland: types of accommodation
- Language programs in Scotland
- The main advantages of studying language in Scotland for foreign students
- Cost of living in Scotland
- Accommodation in Scotland per month
Nowadays, Scotland is one of the most popular country among foreign students wishing to get excellent education abroad. SMAPSE offers you TOP-10 schools and centers in Scotland where foreign students can study effective English courses for adults. SMAPSE experts have collected for you 10 best schools in Scotland that allow to combine high-quality language courses with exciting experience of studying abroad: you can make the right choice due to program descriptions, tuition fees and student feedback. If necessary, SMAPSE specialists will answer all your questions.
Education in Scotland for adult students: cost, rankings
Scotland has several features and advantages that will surely convince foreign students to study here:
- Unique nature. Scotland can be deservedly called one of the most beautiful countries in Europe: here, guests of the country will see many mountain peaks, forests, endless fields and cliffs, which offer stunning views of the sea
- Pleasant climate. Scotland is famous not only for its impressive nature, but also for its excellent weather conditions in general - there are no sharp changes in temperature and weather, so students from different countries feel quite comfortable
- The hospitality is top notch. Scots are very friendly towards foreign students, which is typical both for staff of educational institutions and for local residents in general.
In Scotland, a lot of language schools are open. The most popular options among foreign students, choosing language courses for adults in Scotland, are Edinburgh, Glasgow, Sterling and other cities. As for the price issues, everything will depend on the specific school and the chosen program (intensity, duration).
For foreign students and adult students from 16 years, Scottishlanguage schools, as a rule, offer several types of programs:
- Standard English. The course includes working out 4 language aspects of English: listening, reading, grammar and conversation. Vacation (20 lessons per week) and General English (27 lessons per week) are distinguished by the number of training hours.
- Intensive program. A more complex course, consisting of developing additional communication skills in English, is the language for business or politics. Academic load - about 35 lessons per week
- Preparation for international exams. The name of this program speaks for itself, so this course is suitable for those students who need to pass one of the following tests - FCE, CAE and CPE. The minimum studying period for the course is 10 weeks.
In addition to learning English, programs of language schools usually include a good extracurricular program - for example, classes in various sports or creative activities are available. Excursions around Scotland also remain an important block, because it is an incredibly fascinating country from a tourist point of view.
Adult language courses in Scotland
The cost of studying English in Scotland will depend on several factors, such as the location of the school or center, the proposed accommodation conditions, the duration of the program, and so on. The average cost of a 2-week educational program will be approximately 400-600 pounds, excluding visa processing, insurance and the purchase of air tickets in both directions.
Language schools and courses in Scotland: types of accommodation
Educational schools offer 4 accommodation options for international students:
- On campus in residence;
- In the apartments owned by the school;
- In the hotel;
- In the host family.
The most popular are the first and last options. Living in a residence on campus is convenient to save time on the way to the academic building. In the dormitories, students are offered rooms with amenities designed for 1 – 4 people.
Family accommodation is characterized by full immersion in the linguistic and cultural environment. Constant communication with the British contributes to the development of general language skills.
Meals at the school can be organized according to the scheme of partial, semi-, full board. Self-service accommodation is allowed in the apartments.
Language programs in Scotland
The teaching methodology is largely determined by the English course and the type of school chosen. But each of the programs offered in Scotland provides for the use of interactive ways of presenting material. The study of English in language schools is practice-oriented. Full immersion in the language environment allows foreign students to quickly achieve high results.
All language courses in Scotland are comprehensive and consists of different educational blocks, such as:
- Developing the skills of speaking;
- Listening block;
- Writing block.
Leisure programs allow international students to fix the material. They are organized by representatives of the school.
Classes usually organized in small groups, but sometimes one-on-one with a teacher option is available. Lessons are held in classrooms, outside of academic buildings. The specifics of the program are determined by the type of courses.
The main advantages of studying language in Scotland for foreign students
List of main advantages of the language courses in Scotland:
- Lack of a local environment - multinational atmosphere;
- High level of professionalism and qualification of the educational staff;
- Modern and extensive material base;
- Educational materials;
All educational materials contribute to the effectiveness and success of education. Each classroom is equipped with interactive whiteboards, projectors, which are required for a successful educational process.
As a rule, language courses abroad are held in groups, the number of which does not exceed 10 students. Each school teaches adults who speak a foreign language at different levels. At the same time, an individual approach is applied within the framework of teaching.
- Effective teaching methods and rapid adaptation of students;
- Active leisure program.
Cost of living in Scotland
|Expenses - USD/Month.||Min.|
|Communications and utilities||96|
|Sports and leisure||52|
Accommodation in Scotland per month
|Shared room outside of centre||604$|
|Shared room in city centre||795$|
|1 bedroom apartment outside of centre||914$|
|1 bedroom apartment in city centre||1242$|