Mon-Fri 8-17, Sat-Sun 10-16
(UK time)
  • Services
    • Services and prices
    • Immigration and citizenship
    • Scholarships
    • Tutoring and preparation for schools, universities abroad
  • Information
  • Partnership
    • Group travel
    • For teachers
    • Terms of partnership (for agents)
    • Instructions (for agents)
    • FAQ (for agents)
    • For schools
    • Educational fairs
    • Advertising
  • Contacts
2018-07-30 11:56:51

Tourist education abroad, hotel business abroad

Tourist education abroad, hotel business abroad

If you do not understand your life without traveling, have organizational skills and from the last trip came back with the idea that you want to travel the whole world, then this article is for you.

Here we will talk about what Will help you in the realization of this wonderful dream - about getting an education in the field of tourism and hospitality. After all, specialists from this region constantly go on foreign trips, and this is the basis of their work!

In this article you will learn where to start, where you can get a specialty in the tourism field and what prospects you will get after training.

Specializations in the field of tourism

The sphere of professional tourism and hospitality offers to all comers a wide range of interesting professions that are in demand in all corners of the world: a tourist manager, hotel manager, hotel or restaurant, entertainment center employee, flight attendant, event manager, PR -specialist In the tourist sphere and many others. Regardless of which of the professions you choose for yourself, thanks to it you can get to know an incredible number of people and implement the most creative ideas!

Where to start studying

For those who want to enter the path of education in the field of foreign tourism, there are several options:

  • To go on study under the program of tourism and hospitality to university abroad right after the termination of school. In this case, you will be able to get a secondary vocational education in college or enter a university for a bachelor's degree. In both cases, you will need good points in the entrance exams and, of course, knowledge of one (usually English) or several foreign languages.
  • If you have already begun to receive education in the field of tourism and recreation in your country, you can continue to develop in this direction and abroad. Excellent help in this will be the international experience in studying key disciplines, as well as confident possession of at least one foreign language.
  • If you already have a diploma of a specialist from the tourism field, then abroad you can continue your studies by enrolling in the magistracy in the field of hotel business and tourism - here students are accepted who have a bachelor's degree Even on the adjacent specialty. The availability of labor experience will be for you only a plus.

In each of the three variants a similar scheme of actions: you will study economics, tour management, hotel and tourist management, event organization, marketing and so on. Educational programs in the tourism sector are usually a set of lectures and practical exercises, as well as study trips and master classes, seminars in groups aimed at building the skills of collective communication.

And if at the undergraduate stage the student receives more theoretical material, then the study at the magistracy is of an applied nature, since it gives practical skills in a particular specialty, and then - the opportunity to take a good position in the tourism industry. In addition to gaining working experience, special attention should be paid to the study of foreign languages, for which academic studies are provided in universities.

Universities in the field of tourism: the cost and duration of studies

So, you can get a bachelor's degree by studying on the program of tourism and hospitality, for 3-4 years depending on the chosen educational institution. For this degree, an intensive educational course is also envisaged - the diploma will be on hand after 2 years. Training in the Master's program traditionally lasts one or two years.

Now let's talk about those universities where you can safely submit documents for the profession of a dream. And for starters, a small recommendation for choice: give preference to higher educational institutions that are territorially located in the tourist zone, because it will allow you to easily pass an internship in travel agencies, hotels or restaurants of the university's partner program.

So, here are some universities that are suitable for obtaining education in the tourism field:

  • Husson University, USA . In the university Hasson students will be throughout the entire study period in an international environment One of 50 bachelor's programs: hotel and travel management with a slant in sales and marketing or small business, a double degree - finance and hotel management, and others. The cost of training is about $ 15730. Also, a master's degree in business administration and hospitality is available (cost is $ 15,750) and a similar MBA program.

  • SEGi University, Malaysia. This university has a high educational standard and an international quality mark. The local school of hospitality and tourism prepares specialists for Malaysia and other rapidly developing countries. The educational center has numerous connections with hotels and restaurants, so students will get all the opportunities for internships and subsequent employment.

  • The Queensland Institute of Business and Technology, Australia . The Institute is cooperating With the University of Griffith and gives its students (both local residents and foreigners) access to higher education: after obtaining a diploma of QIBT, students continue their studies already on the 2nd year of Griffith University for the chosen educational program. Training here can last from 2 trimesters to 2 years.999.89 999.92 999.93 999.94 999.95 999.96 Dublin Institute of Technology, Ireland. The Dublin Institute of Technology offers its students programs focused on moderneducation requirements and current demands of the labor market.

  • Stenden University, The Netherlands. The tourist department at this university is one of the best and largest throughout Europe. Particular attention is paid to immersing students in a professional environment - each training program is fixed in working practice. Bachelor's degree (cost - $ 8,300) and master's degree (cost -12000-16300 $) in Stenden University can be obtained in hotel, tourist, leisure management and not only. Another feature of Stenden University: in a local magistracy student can get a double degree degree - Dutch and British.

  • Glion , Switzerland and United Kingdom .The University specializes in restaurant management. Here grow real experts and future leaders of this area. The educational program, which combines theory and practice equally, helps students at the university to bypass the experience as waiters or helpers in the kitchen and immediately get into the ranks of managers of the restaurant - administrators and managers.

Scholarships for study

There is also a small bonus for universities among tourist universities abroad: young people have the right to receive a scholarship for study.

A large number of scholarships are awarded to representatives of business specialties: for example, Mark Beaumont Scholarship Fund or Jane M Klausman Women in Business Scholarship, intended only for women.

All articles
Your comment / review / question
There are no comments here yet
Show more comments
Your comment / review
If you have a question, write it, we will try to answer
* - Field is mandatory
Egor Eremeev
Current material has been prepared by Egor Eremeev
Education: Westminster University (Business & Management), London.
Egor studied and lived in the UK for 8 years and graduated from the university of Westminster. He is currently the co-founder and the director of business development at Smapse Education and personally visits foreign schools and universities, interviews students studying in those institutions.
Callback Online consultant
Напишите нам, мы онлайн!