Every year, about 500,000 foreign students go to the UK for education, and almost half of them enter master's and doctoral programs. For a graduate of a foreign university, a master's degree in England is a great way to significantly increase the level of knowledge and the opportunity to get a diploma that will be appreciated in any country of our world.
There are 2 types of Master's degree in the UK:
- Research - requires the student to perform independent research work under the supervision of a curator.
- Teaching - has a more familiar look for a foreign student, consists of lectures and seminars.
- Educational – Taught Programmes
- Applied — Professional, Practice Programmes.
After examinations and defense of the diploma, one of the degrees is awarded:
- Master of Arts,or Master of Arts - the field of humanities, social sciences, art.
- The Master of Science,or Master of Science, is a field of natural and exact sciences.
- The Master of Laws,or Master of Laws, is a field of jurisprudence.
What should I do?
Step 1: Choose a Master's program
You should start from your preferences, from previously received education (to determine the scope of activity) and carefully study the directions in universities in England.
Step 2: Clarify all admission requirements for Master's programs
In the magistracy of Great Britain accept students with a bachelor's degree. The diploma can be both British and from another country. During the selection, the average score in the diploma, work experience in the specialty and the level of English are evaluated.
Step 3: Find out how long Master's degree lasts
On average, in the magistracy in England study 1-2 years. Often the last six months are devoted to writing a dissertation.
Step 4: Choose acceptable tuition fees at a university
An academic year of master's studies will cost you between £9,000 and £36,000, with an average cost of £20,000. The price depends on the place of study, prestige and specialty.
Step 5: Consider the most popular Master's degree
The main programs suitable for foreign citizens:
- Erasmus Mundus. Provides the student with full support, but offers at its discretion one of the universities in Europe - in this case, the choice is limited.
- Chevening Scholarships also provides coverage for all studies. The scholarship is awarded from the British government itself.
Step 6: Collect a complete package of documents
When submitting an application, the following documents must be attached:
- GMAT or GRE certificate (for economic or financial specialties)
- Bachelor's degree diploma
Step 7: Collect a full package of documents for a student visa
Documents and test results are submitted online on the website.
The main package of documents includes:
- Letter from the university about the enrollment of an applicant
- Diploma of existing education
- Document confirming full payment of the year of study
- Certificate from a banking institution
- Civil and foreign passports
- Medical insurance (with coverage of at least 30,000 euros)
Step 8: Make the university registration fee
All universities in the UK require a certain payment of the registration fee - 50-100 pounds sterling (paid simultaneously with the submission of documents to the admission committee of the university).
Step 9: Wait for the decision on admission from the university
The admission committee of the university considers the documents within 2-6 weeks. After this time, you will receive a response about enrollment.