When choosing to study abroad, many prefer schools in Cambridge, the educational center of Europe, because it is here that the centuries-old academic teaching traditions, together with modern classroom equipment, provide a bright future for graduates of educational institutions. The conditions for admission to Cambridge schools are very different from others, so it is better to start preparing in advance.
TOP-5 most important nuances for admission to schools in Cambridge
- Nuance No. 1: the age of the student is taken into account in most private schools. As a rule, foreign students are admitted starting from 11-12 years old, and some educational institutions from 16 - not all schools are ready to take up the education and upbringing of young students.
- Caveat number 2: how to choose the right school and study program is a difficult and very important question. Having decided on further specialization and plans for the future, you can begin preparing for admission to the desired university, studying specialized subjects.
- Nuance No. 3: in many elite schools there is selective selection. This is due to the fact that elite schools care about their rankings and accept only talented students. Often there are many people who want to enter prestigious schools, because of which queues are formed, so the process of admission can drag on for 1-2 years (and sometimes longer).
- Caveat No. 4: English proficiency at a good conversational level is one of the prerequisites for entering Cambridge schools, since all subjects are taught in English.
- Nuance No. 5: the cost of education. If you are planning a long-term study abroad, you need to prepare financially: many schools require tuition for the year, in some schools accommodation and meals are paid extra, younger students may need the services of a guardian, etc.
Using the example of the elite school The Leys School Cambridge, SMAPSE expertd can consider all the nuances of entering high school:
- The age of foreign students is from 11 years:
|middle school program|| |
The prestigious Leys School School Cambridge is suitable for those who want to get a classic British education with an emphasis on learning foreign languages in a quiet, peaceful university city near the bustling capital. Here, learning through the game is practiced, which makes it possible to master the academic program as easily as possible. Also promotes the development of talents and abilities, shy students are more actively revealed in the team. When deciding on admission, school representatives evaluate the students' academic and personal abilities, which are necessary to confirm:
- provide estimates for the last couple of years
- pass testing in several subjects (depending on the age of the student), mathematics and English are mandatory subjects for all
- send letters of recommendation from teachers
- get an interview
- present academic and / or personal achievements (if any).
Requirements for knowledge of English - not lower than B1 (good conversational)
Tuition and additional fees:
Cost (accommodation + meals)
from 7,535 £ / term
from 10,345 £ / term
from 10,345 £ / term