Florida is one of the most densely populated and economically developed states in the US with a high standard of living. The whole world is famous for its schools, colleges and universities. Today, a large number of these institutions provide an opportunity for students to go through special vacation programs that combine study and rest. Summer camps include language and academic classes with a lot of adventure, and are held, including in the most elite, prestigious and popular institutions. Camps and programs for foreign students are usually held in June, July and August (it is possible to hold part of the course in May or September).
Advantages of participation:
- Florida is an economically developed state with a high standard of living
- One of the best education systems
- Combination of language lessons, sports, creativity and active recreation
- Available for children with low language level
- Organization at the highest level
- Comfortable accommodation
- A mild and warm sea climate.
A successful location, developed infrastructure and rich natural resources of the State give excellent opportunities for active recreation and pastime. At any time of the year, and especially in summer, you can enjoy wonderful weather here. Programs can last from 1 week, the standard course of study is from 2 to 6 weeks. The course includes:
- Language lessons
- Creativity and art
- Excursions, activities and activities.
Education takes place in small groups under the guidance of highly qualified teachers. Classes create a friendly and family atmosphere, where everyone feels comfortable, does not hesitate to ask questions. Participants are divided into groups by level of ownership and age (3-7 years, 8-11 years, 12-14 years, 15-18 years). Language courses are divided into several types:
- Preparation for tests / exams
Students constantly practice their knowledge during live communication. Much attention is paid to developing the skills of spoken and written speech, correct and accurate presentation of their thoughts in oral and written speech. In addition to language lessons, classes on academic subjects are available, for example:
- Natural Sciences
- Humanitarian sciences
- Computer science
- The science of the environment.
The second important component is sport and creativity, the participants choose suitable types for themselves:
1. Sport (partial list):
- American football
- Horseback riding
- Mountain bike
- Extreme kinds
2. Art / creativity / hobby (list incomplete):
- Acting skills
- Playing musical instruments
- Vocals and voice
- Musical composition
- Musical directions (hip-hop, jazz, rock, pop)
- Sound recording and mixing
- Sculpture and architecture
- Graphics and drawing
- The photo.
Activity, as a rule, is allocated the second half of the day. Professional coaches and mentors work here. During the lessons, especially on the water, the strictest safety rules are observed. The third part is recreation and entertainment. The list of events is extensive:
- Holidays and festivals
- Excursions around cities and places of interest
- Visit to the monuments of history
- Museums and galleries
- Boating and boat trips
- Theaters, cinemas, musical concerts
- Shops, shopping centers.
Thanks to a rich entertainment program, students get acquainted with the rules and norms of behavior in American society, and adapt to the lifestyle. All students receive a certificate upon graduation.
The host country provides students with accommodation and meals. Accommodation options:
- Residence (meals - full board)
- Host family (breakfast and dinner at home, lunch at the camp)
- Individual accommodation. In some cases, accommodation in hotels / apartments is possible. This type is not always available. (lunch takes place on campus, breakfast and dinner conditions are negotiated separately).
Cost and participation prices vary depending on duration, institution, intensity and other conditions. The total cost usually includes:
- Language course
- Excursions & Activities
- Academic disciplines (if available)
Expenses not included in the total cost include: air travel, visa issues, pocket expenses. Do not forget that, despite the abundance of offers, the demand is very high, and therefore it is necessary to take care of the reservation of the place in advance. The receipt process contains a few simple conditions:
- Filling out an application for participation
- Providing a package of documents (passport and copy, if necessary - a certificate of language proficiency)
- Parental consent to comply with the rules of conduct in the camp
- Tuition payment
- Visa application.
Examples of children's camps in Florida:
- University of Miami. Includes directions: A-Level Courses (visual arts and acting skills (any age)); R-Level Courses (fitness and recreation (any age)); E-Level Course (9-10 years), J-Level Courses (11-12 years), M-Level Courses (13-14 years), S-Level Courses (15-17 years): Humanities, Mathematics, Science and technology, interdisciplinary studies. From 3,900 $ for 14 days.
- New York Film Academy South Beach. Unique programs presented by the famous Academy. Directions: Film Directing; acting skills. Includes events and meetings with famous directors, actors, producers and other figures of cinema. The price starts from 2,200 $ for 2 weeks.
- Windermere Preparatory School. Offers a program for business development for high school students. It is carried out jointly with successful companies and organizations, prominent businessmen and managers act as speakers. From 3,200 $ for 12 days.
- St. Giles Orlando. English + active recreation and entertainment for children and adolescents. From 1,600 $ for a week.
- LAL Fort Lauderdale. Language + activity, excursions, activities, entertainment. From 1,100 $ for a week.
- St Giles Junior summer Florida. Language + sport and creativity, excursions and activities. Professional sailing classes. From 1,600 $ for a week.
- LAL Florida Boca Raton. Vacation English through role-playing games, trainings, discussions. Intensive development of speaking skills and communication. Additional activities and a rich extra-curricular life. From 1,260 $ a week.
- Rennert International Miami. Directions: art and architecture (classics and modernity, masters, museums of the world); fashion (style, designers, merchandising); academy of leadership; physical activity; the study of the marine world. Cultural, leisure and entertainment activities are included. From 1,680 $ for a week.
Summer camps for children in Florida - this is an excellent opportunity to have a fun and useful vacation, learn a lot of new things and get friends from all over the world!