Some parents are categorically opposed to their children attending general education institutions. They justify the desire to isolate the descendant from society by their own life principles and views. Despite the fact that distance learning has become a compulsory measure today due to the coronavirus, there are families that have been promoting home education for many years. What difficulties can you face when choosing this path?
- lack of socialization and experience of interaction of the student with other children
- the need for continuous monitoring of progress
- poor discipline and organization of the educational process
- lack of experience of participation in conflict situations and their resolution between peers or in a "student-teacher" link
- difficulties in obtaining a school certificate and higher education
- parents lack the competence for full-fledged learning: they do not have basic knowledge and principles in teaching the exact sciences, art, the ability to think systematically, building important logical relationships
- parental overprotection, as a result - the development of infantilism and egocentrism
- a negative example of one's own life experience and a lack of observation of someone else's will create obstacles to overcome the difficulties of independent living
- unconventional views of society and a shift in the priority of the main values in life limit the possibilities for the full development of the individual
- parents put the brand "white crow" on the child with their own hands.
When your child is “not like everyone else”, it's great. But thinking about his future contact with the environment and society, it is important to understand that a growing baby needs communication with peers. He must participate in the usual processes, where there is a team, school, friendship and betrayal, sympathy, experience of interaction with the opposite sex. Otherwise, prohibitions and exclusivity will sooner or later play a bad joke. When this approach to learning is associated with constant travel - this is one side of the coin, if isolation from society is the desire to protect from all the dangers in life, then the other. For home schooling, strong arguments and / or medical indications must be present, other situations require more detailed study.