Windermere Preparatory Private Boarding School
Description of Windermere Preparatory Private Boarding School
- Year of foundation: 2000
- Location: Windermere, Orlando, Florida
- Age of students: 3-18 years
- Type of education: mixed
- Number of students: 1500, 20% are foreign students
- Programs: IB, US High School Diploma, primary classes, middle classes
- Among TOP-50 private schools of the country
- Accommodation: boarding house, from 13 years, from grade 7, twin-rooms
- Tuition fees: 64850 USD per year with accommodation + 6000 USD student fee
Windermere Preparatory School’s campus sits at the boarder of Lake Cypress in Orange County, Florida. The school campus (recognized as the 2nd most beautiful High School Campus in Florida) is a home for scholars, athletes and artists who come to study at Windermere from all over the world.
The school helps students to develop responsibility, decency, honesty, self-discipline, respect for others. It is proud of constantly high academic results of its students. Students receive high scores on IB. Annually, about 80% of students take exams with an excellent result.
The school is located in a picturesque corner of Florida. The campus is near 20 kilometers from Orlando and occupies a part of the coastal territory of Lake Cypris. A few minutes drive separates Windermere from the world-famous Disney World. On the territory of an educational institution, students have great opportunities for interesting leisure. There is everything for entertainment, recreation, sports, development of creative abilities. Students can take part in more than 20 circles and 10 sports sections. On weekends there are tours around Florida, trips to neighboring states for boarders. Attractions are worthy of students' attention, these are the famous Animal Kingdom, Sea World, Wet'n'Wild, Universal Studios and etc.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Windermere Preparatory Private Boarding School
Accommodation, meals, prices
Windermere Prep dorms are converted townhomes where teachers from all levels and disciplines double as dorm-parents. Students live in twin-rooms. During the week, students receive three healthy meals created by chefs and certified nutritionists. Nutrition at school is a core element of Windermere Prep physical education program. Students can access on-site medical clinic, registered nurses, school counselor, and outside physicians to address any health concerns.
Subjects and sports
Subject list: Art, biology, chemistry, computer literacy, computer techologies, Computers, design, English literature, History, Jazz band, letter, Mathematics, media sources, methodology, music, Natural science, physical Culture, Physics, reading, sports science, theater, Acting course
Activity list: American football, Animation programs, badminton, baseball, Chamber orchestra, Chorus, dance club, dancing, Drawing on canvas, Fashion shows, Fotomasterstvo, golf, horseback riding, music studio, sailing, swimming, tennis, theater Workshop
- High quality of pre-university preparation, conformity of education to international standards. The relatively young Windermere Preparatory School has prepared students for more than 150 colleges and universities in America, including MIT, Harvard, Yale. 100% college acceptance rate.
- American High School Diploma and IB
- Collaborations with MIT, Juilliard and the StartUp Studio
- Small classes (up to 17 people)
- A wide range of extracurricular activities allows children with any preferences and needs to develop their abilities.
- Saturated social life. The school regularly holds cultural events (literary, art, dance festivals, concerts, etc.).
The school is proud of its collaborations with famous clubs and academies:
- IDEASPORT Soccer Academy – where coaches have years of experience coaching clubs across Europe and hold UEFA Pro, UEFA A, and USSF Pro coaching licenses.
- LAKER Aquatics swim academy – was created to prepare elite swimmers to compete nationally. Lakers Swim offers instruction at all levels of age and capability (from stroke instruction for entry-level swimmers to athletes preparing for Olympic Trial competition).
- MMG Golf Academy – offers an elite junior program with a 100% placement record.
- ORLANDO Elite tennis academy – a top class tennis studying academy.
The school offers a range of academic programs in collaboration with world famous institutions – MIT, Juilliard and the StartUp Studio.
Facilities and equipment at Windermere Preparatory Private Boarding School
Excellent conditions for studying and living are supported by the school infrastructure. The educational institution has all necessary modern equipment. Here in classrooms there are interactive whiteboards, students have free access to computer technology, the Internet. In scientific laboratories there is everything for performance of class assignments and club projects. In addition, a library, an assembly hall, a shop, a cafe are opened for students. There are sports grounds, a swimming pool, playgrounds, a comfortable and picturesque natural recreation area.
Admission dates and extra charges
The school year at the Windermere Preparatory School consists of two semesters. Also, you need to pay for registration and for one-way transfer. The student's trip after the flight to school and back will require parents to pay an additional surcharge of $280. Parents also pay a visa, air tickets and supervision and extra charge.
- Registration fee (for a programme/course) 1500 USD
- Transfer (one way) 140 USD
- Deposit for a course/programme 5000 USD
- Application fee 6000 USD
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Windermere Preparatory Private Boarding School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.