- Why Britain is chosen to study economics and business: 5 reasons
- TOP-5 economic universities in the UK
- Bachelor's and Master's Programs in Economics and Finance Faculties
- Where to study business in Britain
- TOP business schools in the UK
- Top 70 UK Universities to Study Business
A guide to the best economics departments in the UK from Smapse Education.
Why Britain is chosen to study economics and business: 5 reasons
- London is the largest financial center, studying in Britain means being at the center of a huge industry.
- In the ranking of promising universities, Great Britain bypasses France, Sweden, Canada and even the United States
- Universities are trying to make programs as effective as possible and at the same time reduce the duration of study: to unlearn a bachelor's degree, you will spend 3 years, and in a master's program - 1 year.
- London is a large banking center, where numerous banks and international companies have opened their headquarters.
- British universities have an undeniable reputation, so graduates of British universities have a high chance of finding high-paying jobs. Leading business schools are located in Britain.
- Top business schools create analogues of the real business world - special incubators for launching student startups.
- Many programs include paid internships. UK universities are actively cooperating with large companies, negotiating internships for students, which often develop into jobs.
- Additional, but no less significant advantages will be: financial incentives for talented students, support of curators, services and associations.
TOP-5 economic universities in the UK
The London School of Economics is located in the center of London - it is a very advantageous location for international students to immerse themselves in British culture. The university offers over 40 undergraduate programs and 140 postgraduate courses in the economic field. The school's foreign students represent 140 countries.
- QS World University Rank 2020 = 44th in the world
- QS Subject Rank (Economics) = 5 in the world
- Number of foreign students = 7703
- The cost of studying at the Faculty of Economics = about £ 21,750 per year.
The relatively young educational institution has received international recognition for the link between education and the economic industry. The Faculty of Economics of Warwick is in the TOP-25 of the best in the world and the TOP-4 in Britain, graduates often find work at Unilever, Bank of America, Amazon, Accenture.
- QS World University Rank 2020 = 62nd in the world
- QS Subject Rank (Economics) = 25 in the world
- Number of foreign students = 9177
- The cost of studying at the Faculty of Economics = about 25,770 pounds per year.
One of the best multidisciplinary universities in the world has been providing students with high-quality professional training for over a hundred years. The first lesson in economics was held at the university in October 1871.
- QS World University Rank 2020 = 8th place in the world
- QS Subject Rank (Economics) = 17 in the world
- Number of international students = 16750
- The cost of studying at the Faculty of Economics = about 23,290 pounds per year.
The third oldest university in the English-speaking world and the oldest in Scotland. The Faculty of Economics programs reflect the latest developments in pedagogy and the study of economic theory. The Faculty of Economics offers undergraduate programs in finance and economics.
- QS World University Rank 2021 = 96th in the world
- Guardian University Guide 2021 = 2 in the country
- Times University Guide 2021 = 3 in the country.
The oldest universities in the UK have a long tradition of professional training in economics. The economics departments of Oxford and Cambridge University are flagship schools influencing the development of economic theory and training around the world. 19 graduates of the Cambridge Faculty of Economics became Nobel laureates.
- QS World University Rank 2021 = 7th in the world
- QS Subject Rank (Economics) = 10 in the world
- Number of foreign students = 7307
- Tuition fee: 23,600 pounds per year.
- QS World University Rank 2021 = 4th place in the world
- QS Subject Rank (Economics) = 5 in the world
- Number of international students = 8115
- Tuition fee: 30,030 pounds per year.
Bachelor's and Master's Programs in Economics and Finance Faculties
- Financial Accounting
- Management Accounting
- Forensic accounting expertise
- Information Systems
- Business strategies
- Corporate reporting
- Cost accounting
- Analyzed data
- Macro and microeconomics
- Professional ethics
- Quantitative analysis
- Reporting procedures
- Management of risks
- Insurance specialists
- Strategic management.
Where to study business in Britain
MBA programs have made business schools extremely popular, but what's so special about them? Most business schools operate on the basis of public universities and are independent faculties, but there are also highly specialized business schools that offer expensive and high quality education. There are more than a hundred of these schools in Britain. The study of business in Britain is built on an in-depth study of the following areas:
- Business Strategy - You will explore the strategic side of doing business in the UK
- Finance and taxation - business managers need to understand the financial and tax side, which is why any course in the UK focuses on this area
- Marketing and brand - over the past decade, marketing and branding have been studied in the digital field, and experts unanimously agree: it is impossible to build a successful business in the 21st century without knowledge of communications
- Business and Law - the direction helps to understand the specifics of the work of international companies.
Special attention is paid to the personal qualities of managers, the development of organizational skills. For most students, an MBA diploma opens the door to international companies; graduates can work anywhere in the world.
TOP business schools in the UK
This top institution is part of the University of London and offers a full MBA program. The school was one of the first to introduce Masters in Finance programs (since 1993), and in 2011 the MiF program was recognized by the Financial Times as No. 1 in the world. We also mention Masters in Management, Executive MBA, Sloan. Students choose LBS not only for the high quality of education, but also for its prospects: the business school cooperates with large firms that are constantly looking for talented specialists: Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, UBS, Morgan Stanley, Credit Suisse, BNP Paribas, Barclays, Deutsche Bank.
University of Oxford, Said Business School
Oxford University Business School is one of the best in the world: its graduates can work anywhere in the world and count on top positions in international firms. Said Business School offers several types of MBA and Master's courses: EMBA, 1 + 1 MBA, MSc Law and Finance, Executive Diplomas.
City University, Cass Business School
Europe's leading business school, an elite educational institution with an international reputation. Cass Business School is globally recognized for its balanced programs, talented faculty and close ties to the business industry.
Alliance Manchester Business School
An educational institution with the largest campus among business schools, according to the Financial Times, MBA programs are included in the TOP-10 in the national ranking, in the TOP-36 in the world.
University of Edinburgh Business School
The prestigious business school in Edinburgh is based on the oldest university, the University of Edinburgh. The school's programs are designed taking into account business trends and demands on the labor market.
Top 70 UK Universities to Study Business
- INTO City Uni of London
- INTO Glasgow Caledonian
- INTO Manchester Metropolian
- INTO The University of Manchester
- INTO Newcastle University
- INTO Newcastle University London
- INTO Queen's Uni Belfast
- INTO University of East Anglia
- INTO University of Exeter
- INTO University of Gloucestershire
- INTO University of Stirling
- INTO London
- INTO Manchester
- London South Bank Uni
- Oncampus - Coventry
- Oncampus - Reading
- Oncampus - Goldsmiths
- Oncampus - University of Hull
- Oncampus - Queen's Mary Uni
- Oxf Int - De Montfort Uni
- Oxf Int - Greenwich
- Oxf Int - Bangor
- Ulster University (QA)
- Middlesex University (QA)
- Roehampton (QA)
- INTO Newton
- INTO UEA
- CEG GOLDSMITHS UNIVERSITY
- CEG GOLDSMITHS UNIVERSITY - Royal Holloway
- CEG Birkbeck
- CEG Royal Holloway
- CEG The Courtauld institute of art
- CEG Queen Mary
- CEG ROYAL VETERINARY COLLEGE
- CEG Coventry University
- CEG Sunderland
- CEG London South Bank
- CEG UCLan
- CEG University of Hull
- NAVITAS International College Wales Swansea (ICWS)
- NAVITAS London Brunel International College (LBIC)
- NAVITAS Plymouth University International College (PUIC)
- Study Group Durham University
- Study Group Kingston University London
- Study Group University of Surrey
- Study Group University of Sheffield
- Study Group University of Lincoln
- Study Group University College Dublin
- Study Group Strathclyde University
- Study Group Bellerbys College
- Group University of Leicester
- Study Group University of Huddersfield
- Study Group Kingston University London
- Study Group Leeds Beckett University
- Study Group Keele University
- Study Group Liverpool John Moores University
- Study Group University of Sussex
- Study Group Holland International Study Center
- NAVITAS Hertfordshire International College (HIC)
- NAVITAS University of Northampton International College (UNIC)
- INTO Queen's University
- NAVITAS Birmingham City University (BCUIC)
- NAVITAS Anglia Ruskin University Cambridge Campus (CRIC)
- NAVITAS Anglia Ruskin University Chelmsford Campus (CRIC)
- NAVITAS Edinburgh Napier University (EIC)
- NAVITAS International College at Robert Gordon University (ICRGU)
- NAVITAS International College Portsmouth (ICP)
- Study Group Coventry University London
- Regents Uni London
- Canterbury Christ Church University.