Metropole School – Dubai
Description of Metropole School – Dubai
- Age of students: 3-18 years,
- Location: UAE, Dubai,
- Founded: 2014,
- Type of institution: private school,
- Language of instruction: English,
- Type: collaborative.
Founded in September 2014, Metropole UK School has quickly gained an excellent reputation in Dubai and increased the number of participants. It boasts a rich technology, safe and engaging learning environment in a multimedia setting.
World-class schools are consistently effective in delivering excellent academic outcomes for their students: their graduates are able to think independently, are socially confident and have experienced a wide range of educational opportunities. The main goal of the institution is to make today's children happy, responsible, academically educated, globally minded and ethical adults of tomorrow.
A fully inclusive curriculum allows all students, including those with disabilities and additional needs, to access learning and achievement. The curriculum gives students real opportunities outside the classroom to apply the knowledge gained in a variety of situations. Learning is difficult, but teachers and their assistants encourage thinking beyond the obvious.
Things to know about
A key function of secondary schools is to prepare students for a successful transition to a lucrative career: providing an opportunity to develop their overall abilities, support their interests and aspirations, and help them make informed decisions regarding the choice of subjects and directions.
- Community Service and Volunteering: Participating in community service gives students the opportunity to become active members of their community, enabling students to acquire life skills and knowledge, and providing services to those who need them most.
- Campus Visits (within the UAE): In collaboration with various UAE universities (Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Sharjah), campus tours will be organized for MTS (senior) students during the academic year.
- Psychometric Testing (Life Science): An online assessment tool that helps students identify their interests, abilities, learning styles, and strengths and weaknesses. This will be for students in grade 11 and older.
- Development of basic social skills: group classes or presentations on creating personal statements/essays, developing/improving academic resumes, interview skills and presentation skills, etc.
- IELTS: sessions for students to prepare and pass IELTS (MTS is a registered testing site).
- Choice of course and university: individual/group lessons and/or presentations of the choice of university.
- Opportunities for professional development: regular acquaintance and participation in local and global exhibitions Model United Nations, World Scholars Cup, Duke of Edinburgh, Highfields and IPQ.
- University Applications: Ongoing university applications and comprehensive individual career counselling.
Another feature is the Introduction to S.T.E.A.M. The STEAM Club introduces students to STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics) through collaborative project-based learning. Areas of informatics such as programming, computer graphics, web design, robotics, the Internet of Things and 3D design are covered.
Interactive engineering projects with a Rasberry Pi computer, a MakeyMakey console, Elegoo robots and Arduino printed circuit boards will be presented.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Metropole School – Dubai
Activities Metropole School – Dubai
At Metropole, learning isn't just in the classroom – opportunities for extracurricular activities help students develop their interests and abilities, provide valuable learning experiences outside of school, and foster independence and interpersonal skills. Many events are carried out by in-house employees, but in addition, cooperation has been established with external organizations and specialized suppliers to provide a high-quality offer.
Educational visits to the country and abroad are complemented by numerous cultural activities at the school. Opportunities range from tasting days at the university to annual ski trips, Expeditions by the Duke of Edinburgh and National Day celebrations.
In addition, students conduct activities as part of the school calendar, including sports days and public iftar holidays. This experience is often a highlight of the time spent by many students at Metropole. The curriculum also includes special activities that will enrich students' lives: special days to learn key life skills, such as online safety, and environmental weeks complement students' learning.
Types of extracurricular activities:
- Forest School,
- Arts and crafts,
- Fitness bootcamp,
- LEGO Club,
- ICT-augmented reality.
- The Young Duke Award, which is awarded annually to students at the school, provides the opportunity to complete a number of personal tasks, including first aid, cooking, homework, taking care of others, playing chess and much more.
- Children are brought up as future world leaders who can live in any country in the world.
Facilities and equipment at Metropole School – Dubai
- Internet Wi-Fi in all school buildings,
- iMac Computer Suites and Portable Windows Computer Suite,
- Basic stage, primary and secondary libraries,
- 6 medium-sized scientific laboratories,
- Primary Research Laboratory,
- Innovative rooms,
- Student gardens,
- Music Technology Rooms,
- Art rooms,
- Hall of Performing Arts and Black Box Theatre,
- Outdoor equipment in both FS and KS1,
- Common room and study Sixth Form,
- Parents' café,
- Student canteen,
- Workplace for gymnastics,
- Complex of food technologies for catering,
- Inclusion Center,
- Student Café,
- Space for rest Sixth Form,
- Arabic Library,
- Potted shed,
- School Farm,
- Radio and performance studio,
- Forest School Districts,
- Drone zone,
- Objects of robotics,
- Sports facilities,
- The fundamental stage of PE Hall,
- 2 multi-purpose sports halls,
- Large multi-purpose lawn for football field, athletics track, lapta field,
- Swimming pool – main pool and pool,
- 2 multifunctional playgrounds for tennis, basketball and netball,
- Dance Studio,
- Fitness studio,
- Climbing wall,
- Wrestling mats.
Admission dates and extra charges
The application fee (AED 525 including VAT) is payable at the time of online check-in.
The admissions committee strives to work with families to determine the place of study that is best suited for each student.
The request is the initial contact between the parent and the school: they are generated directly to the school through a variety of channels, including the contact forms of the school website, Facebook, external landing pages and chat.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The student must provide the following package of documents:
- Completed application form,
- Motivation letter,
- Certificate of English Language Proficiency,
- Medical certificates,
- References about assessments.
Scholarships Metropole School – Dubai
Recipients must demonstrate a strong and ongoing contribution to the life of the school in their particular field, work hard and set a good example. Candidates will receive a discount on the annual tuition fee. Scholarships will be awarded for one academic year, and recipients will be required to apply for an extension annually. In some cases, the school recognizes the performance of students and awards a scholarship without the student's application.
- Academic and professional achievements/academic performance (high school),
- Sport (preparatory school),
- Recitation of the Quran (junior, preparatory and high school),
- Arabic script (junior, preparatory and high schools),
- Leadership (junior and preparatory schools),
- Student voice (junior and preparatory schools),
- Innovation EXPO (junior and preparatory schools).
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Metropole School – Dubai
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.