Our Own Indian School – Dubai
Description of Our Own Indian School – Dubai
- Year of foundation: 2005
- Location: Al Quoz, Dubai, UAE;
- Age of students: 3–18;
- Number of students: 2500+;
- Language of instruction: English;
- Type: day school.
The institution has earned a reputation as a strong and reliable school, which is appreciated for its high academic standards, extensive and diverse extracurricular programs, integration of environmental and social activities – from its own school gardens to recycling projects and saving the planet.
The school offers a CBSE curriculum and is accredited by the Dubai Ministry of Education, the CBSE Council in New Delhi. The program is recognized worldwide and successfully prepares students for admission to the world's best universities and colleges, offering high standards, a unique educational platform in English and a wide range of opportunities for development.
Things to know about
The school has a counseling center that provides students with psychological, educational and social assistance. If necessary, external specialists can be involved. In addition, the Center provides advice on career and employment, conducts career guidance tests, interactive classes that help in choosing a profession, offers internships.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Our Own Indian School – Dubai
Accommodation, meals, prices
Located in the western part of Dubai, in the dynamic and intensively developing area of Al Quoz.
Activities Our Own Indian School – Dubai
The school offers a wide range of extracurricular activities, including in the fields of visual and dramatic arts, crafts, music, painting, stage speech and debate.
Since 2000, debates in English have been held jointly with the Indian Consulate: during this time, the debate has become the largest and most prestigious event of its type in the UAE.
Also, students can engage in various types of performing arts, including musicals, performances, modern and classical dance, drama, oratory. There are several choirs and musical ensembles, string and brass bands, and in their free time - such formats as:
- classes on the development of oratory and public speaking skills, debate and eloquence, personality development, Indian classical dance (Bharatnatyam),
- musical instruments (keyboards, drums, flute), art (oil, water, fabric, glass, acrylic, etc.),
- football (for boys only), cricket (for girls and boys), basketball (for girls and boys), athletics (for girls and boys),
- robotics, cutting and sewing, materials science,
- Hindi and Arabic.
Students actively and in large numbers each year take part in subject and interdisciplinary Olympiads in mathematics, computer science and natural sciences under the patronage of the CBSE Council of Schools in the Persian Gulf.
Charity and activities to reduce the carbon footprint and harm to the environment are important.
Students attend excursions and educational trips that allow them to see and study with their own eyes what they have learned from books and lectures of teachers.
Mother's Day, Father's Day, Grandparents' Day and Family Science Day are days of spending time together with parents when parenting experience is used for the development of children.
Facilities and equipment at Our Own Indian School – Dubai
Students can take advantage of the diverse infrastructure and other opportunities that the school provides:
- Well-stocked literature of various genres and directions, textbooks, reference books and periodicals library with comfortable sofas, armchairs, Internet access and a multifunctional copy center;
- Dining room, offering a wide range of healthy drinks and snacks;
- Medical center with a doctor and a nurse;
- School buses running around Dubai and Sharjah, equipped with climate technology and a staff of professional drivers.
The school has many sports facilities, sport plays a crucial role in the life of the school and its pets:
- A large outdoor football field with artificial turf;
- Basketball courts;
- Open areas of kindergarten, primary and secondary schools;
- Two shaded areas for young children;
- Running track of 400 meters;
- Swimming pool with paths of 25 meters;
- Air-conditioned gym.
The academic aspirations of schoolchildren are also underpinned by an extensive and diverse infrastructure. These are laboratories for classes in physics and chemistry, and interactive equipment of classes, and computer classes with modern machines and software that allow students to acquire skills and competencies in all areas of the ICT curriculum from the 1st grade.
Enrollment is made by the director on the basis of:
- The child's academic performance in the previous school;
- Examination tests;
The initially accepted application for admission is preliminary and can be reviewed after a thorough study of the child's abilities and behavior, or additional tests.
After sending the application form, you must provide all the necessary documents and pay a non-refundable fee of AED 500, and after enrollment - a non-refundable registration deposit of 10% of the cost of the first year of study.
Of all the UAE's international schools, OOIS shows outstanding admission rates: graduates entered 66 of the top 100 of the world's best universities, with at least 7% in Ivy League universities, and 8.2% in Oxbridge.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The school enrolls on non-elective principles: all students can enroll in Our Own Indian School, provided that the school is able to meet their special needs, regardless of race, religion, color, gender or national origin.
An effective model of inclusive education for children with special needs has been developed here; applications from such applicants are considered on an equal footing with others.
All candidates applying for admission to the school are required to pass an entrance test according to the rules and conditions defined by the school. The results of the test will have an impact on the prospects for enrollment in the school.
To enroll a kindergarten, a child must be 4 years old by March 31, for enrollment in the first class - 6 years.
At the reception, it is necessary to fill out a special form and attach a number of documents, including:
- 3 copies of the student's passport with a valid UAE visa;
- 4 fresh photos 6*4 and one size 2*3 for the ticket;
- 1 certified photocopy of the birth certificate with translation into English or Arabic (together with a copy of the original);
- Copies of identity cards of the student and his parents;
- Original identity card of the student and both parents (returned after registration);
- A copy of the original of the last certificate and the document on passing the exams in the previous school (together with a certified translation into English or Arabic);
- Translation certificate (if necessary).
Scholarships Our Own Indian School – Dubai
Families with several children are given a discount on tuition; for 4 children – 25% (for all children), for a family with 5 children – 35%.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Our Own Indian School – Dubai
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.