Al Khaleej International School
Description of Al Khaleej International School
- Age of students: 4-18 years,
- Location: UAE, Dubai,
- Founded: 1992,
- Type of institution: private school,
- Language of instruction: English,
- Type: collaborative.
Since 1992, the school's staff has been bringing out the best in every student, promoting a healthy balance between Islamic values, cultural heritage and teaching skills of the twenty-first century. To achieve this, a culture of integrity has been created that supports academic success.
Al Khaleej International School follows the U.S. curriculum corresponding to:
- Common Basic State Standards (CCSS) for English and Mathematics classes,
- New Generation Scientific Standards (NGSS),
- California State Standards in other subjects taught in English,
- A program prescribed by the Ministry of Education in arabic, Islamic studies and social sciences.
- Authorized training provider for the first CBP (Certified Business Professional Program) school in the UAE and the second in the world,
- IBT TOEFL Testing Center,
- Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum Award for Outstanding Results,
- ICDL Training and Testing Center,
- SAT Testing Center,
- Two students received the Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid Award as Outstanding Students,
- ACNC students have won an MIT Scholarship (USA),
- Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum Award for Outstanding School and Administration,
- Three AKNS students won a Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Fellowship in 2000/2001.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Al Khaleej International School
Activities Al Khaleej International School
The development program includes school extracurricular activities (ECA), which are held during the day or after school weekly, provide students with the opportunity to discover their talents and abilities, allow them to create and innovate.
The ECA is offered to students as part of the E365 Diversified Enrichment Program, which includes the following:
- Languages and Culture (ELL, Arabic B, Arabic Dance, French, Japanese, Turkish, Yola),
- Improvement of learning (Mathematics Group, Environmental Club, English Language Group, Crash Course in Mathematics),
- Science and digital technologies (film production, robotics, CISCO-CCNA, ICDL, science club),
- Performing and creative arts (arts and crafts, henna, drama, making funny masks, children's choir, origami),
- Leadership (discussion),
- Sports and adventure (swimming, chess, gymnastics, basketball, rugby, table tennis, yoga, Zumba),
- Skills (cooking, research),
- Public service,
- Happiness Club, etc.
- Graduates enter the world's best universities to build a successful career in medicine, law, business, finance, music, creative industries and sports,
- Students from 80+ countries.
Facilities and equipment at Al Khaleej International School
- 8 specialized scientific laboratories,
- Laboratory of Information and Communication Technologies,
- Classes with Promethean Board interactive whiteboards,
- Laboratory of Robotics,
- Food Tech Lab is the first of its kind at an American school in Dubai,
- Makers room for design thinking and project-based learning,
- Outdoor football field, basketball court,
- Indoor sports hall,
- Shaded outdoor playgrounds,
- Indoor multi-purpose hall,
- 3 libraries,
- Hall of Art, Music and Drama,
- Laboratory of Science and Art.
Admission dates and extra charges
The application fee is paid at the time of online registration and is charged to process the application of new students. Once a child receives a formal offer from the school, a registration deposit is charged to enroll the child and secure a place.
Schools may charge an annual tuition fee in three installments at the beginning of each semester. Payment for the first semester will be 40%, for the second - 30%, and for the third - 30%.
An application fee of AED 525 (including VAT) is payable at the time of application.
- Step 1 – online application,
- Step 2 – registration. Parents must pay a registration fee of AED 525 (including VAT) online or at the school's ticket office.
- Step 3 – Complete the assessment. The school registrar will invite the child for an assessment or for an interview (if applicable and if necessary) by e-mail or telephone.
- Step 4 – registration. The registrar will send letters with offers to successful candidates depending on the availability of seats.
- Step 5 – registration deposit: 10% of the total tuition fee and is deducted from the total cost for the academic year.
Over the past four years, the school has had one of the best university admission rates among all international schools. Students were admitted to 1050 universities in 53 countries.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
- Copy of the passport of the student and parents, visa and identity card of the UAE citizen,
- Birth certificate,
- Certified certificate of transfer,
- Vaccination/Immunization Record,
- Passport-size photo of the student and parents (for school ID card),
- School report/transcript for the last 2 years and any other reports (e.g. IEP, medical reports, therapy reports – if any)
- The AKIS medical information form has been filled out,
- Transcript request form G 9-12 or a statement of the number of hours and courses taken from G9-12.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Al Khaleej International School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.