Legacy Private School – Dubai
Description of Legacy Private School – Dubai
- Location: Dubai, UAE,
- Year of foundation: 1990,
- Number of students: more than 900,
- Language of instruction: English,
- Type: mixed.
Legacy School – Dubai is a school that provides education to students from kindergarten to the seventh grade.
From its founding until 2021, the institution was called The Kindergarden Starters, and then changed its name, noting the innovation - a sixth-grader training course was added to the list of programs. The school plans have a very ambitious goal - to introduce a program for each subsequent class every year.
Legacy School currently has about 900 students, and more than 230 highly qualified subject specialists teach the disciplines. The ratio of teachers to students in classes is 1:25.
Legacy School has been Microsoft's demonstrative school for four years. All students, starting from the second grade, can bring personal devices and use technology during lessons, work on homework.
Lego and STEAM have been integrated into the curriculum since 2016: students participate in Lego and robotics projects, scientific and technological research. Students in grades 1-5 create works using Lego and EIE Engineering sets, which contribute to the development of critical thinking, creative approach to problem solving.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Legacy Private School – Dubai
Accommodation, meals, prices
The school is only open during daylight hours, so there are no places to stay on campus.
The facility's dining room serves dishes made with fresh ingredients. The supplier of products for the school is slices. Parents can pay for lunches and snacks of their child using a bank card by filling out the online form on the website. Children use individual cards, the balance on which is always regulated by parents.
The school also provides after-school childcare services: it works for KG 1-2 students, classes are held from 11:30 to 13:30. Children participate in the game program, creative master classes, literary seminars and film screenings.
Activities Legacy Private School – Dubai
The AAA Club is a teacher-led program for additional classes. It is aimed at the development of the personality of each student, provides support to parents in working on homework.
Students in grades 1-5 have the opportunity to participate in a variety of activities: educational games, arts and remestas, life skills and other areas. Students of grades 6-7 can attend professional music and dance classes, participate in sports competitions in basketball, football, karate, badminton and cricket.
The musical project "Expression in Song" offers children to express themselves by attending singing lessons, playing musical instruments, rehearsals in the choir. A festival is organized annually where students can present their talent. An inter-school concert is also held - every year on October 24, students compete in singing and team creative skills.
All students from the very first grade can attend public speaking courses, which develop self-confidence, build a competent speech and put a voice for speeches.
In addition to performing arts, children have the opportunity to develop their skills in drawing, painting and needlework. An art exhibition with works is held at the end of each academic year.
Athletes who represent the school at the competitions annually participate in the sports day of the school, which is dedicated to a specific theme.
Inter-house quizzes help students interact in an atmosphere of healthy competition, express themselves and believe in themselves. They are held for students in grades 1-5 each semester.
During the summer and winter holidays, students can attend an entertaining school camp. The curriculum includes sports and creative activities that last for one month in the summer and for a week in December-January.
- Has a rating of "Good" from KHDA for 2019-2020,
- Uniforms are required.
Facilities and equipment at Legacy Private School – Dubai
The school's campus is located in the Al Garhoud district of Dubai. For training, it is equipped with:
- Computer labs,
- Multimedia center with projectors,
- Playgrounds with sand, water and a safe environment,
- Classes for lectures and practical exercises with toys, educational games,
- A resource center where classes are held to develop analytical skills,
- Medical Clinic,
- Islamic Room,
- Dance Studio,
- Music and art class,
- Research Center,
- Transport fleet for the study of traffic rules and safe movement in the city,
- Reading rooms for grades 1-2,
- Library, bookstore,
- Outdoor sports grounds, games room.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year is divided into semesters:
- Spring: April-July,
- Summer holidays: July-August,
- Autumn: August-December,
- Winter holidays for two weeks,
- Winter: January-March,
- Spring break for two weeks.
The kindergarten department is open from 7:45 to 11:50, school classes are held from 7:45 to 16:30.
- Registration deposit – 10% of the annual cost of training,
- Application fee – $143,
- Electronic resources - from 95 to 190 $ depending on the class,
- Diary – 6$,
- ID card – 2,90$
- School uniform.
You need to start the admission process by filling out a detailed questionnaire. After that, a member of the admissions committee will contact all applicants to proceed with enrollment.
Almost all graduates of the school enter the universities of their choice, and often among them there are the best universities in the world: Oxford, Cambridge, Nottingham, King's College London and others.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Upon admission, it is necessary to provide:
- Copies of the passport (birth certificate) of the child and both of his parents with a valid visa in English or Arabic,
- Six recent photos,
- A copy of the Emirates identity card of the child and one of the parents,
- Evaluation sheet of the last exam,
- Certificate of transfer from the previous school.
When providing the required documents, it is also necessary to report any special needs, individual training plans (IEPs) and reports of a psychologist, pediatrician, speech therapist or other doctors, if any. Reception does not depend on medical indications, but employees must know about the characteristics of the child.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Legacy Private School – Dubai
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.