Modern Academy – Dubai
Description of Modern Academy – Dubai
- Location: Dubai, UAE,
- Year of foundation: 1986,
- Number of students: more than 3800,
- Language of instruction: English,
- Type: mixed.
Modern Academy – Dubai is the only outstanding Indian school in the UAE offering programs from primary to high school based on the International Baccalaureate.
The institution opened in 1986 and grew rapidly in all subsequent years. At the moment, the academy occupies a campus of impressive size, which educates about 3800 students of Indian origin. The teaching staff is represented by 230 highly qualified teachers, and their ratio to students in classes is 1:17. Most of the school's staff also hail from India, but were educated in the UK.
The institution has a program Activity for Curriculum Enrichment (ACE), offering students a versatile extracurricular development. It includes several areas:
- Problem solving, critical thinking,
- Online courses,
- Mentoring: advanced education,
- A course of gifted and talented excellent students.
For grades 6-12, attending ACE classes twice a week is mandatory.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Modern Academy – Dubai
Accommodation, meals, prices
The institution has a canteen where students can buy snacks, drinks, sweets and pastries.
Activities Modern Academy – Dubai
Modern Academy students have the opportunity to prove themselves by participating in competitions and debates. Every year, a group of several high school students go to another country to defend the honor of the academy and show a high result of educationin it. In 2021, students once again distinguished themselves, bringing 300 medals and four cups from Sydney.
The Academy annually participates in national sports competitions. Most of them take place in Bangalore. Students compete in sports such as:
- Table tennis
Extracurricular activities complement school excursions, which are held from Monday to Wednesday for all pupils. Students have the opportunity to visit the nearest attractions in Dubai and its environs, enjoy the natural scenery and try themselves in new types of entertainment: surfing, kayaking, horse riding and much more.
Also in the institution there are many clubs and student communities for every taste: creative, sports, scientific, environmental, volunteer. Each student will be able to find like-minded people in their hobbies and interests, jointly developing and learning new things.
- Excellent ICSE results: more than 19 students scored a minimum of 40 points,
- The average exam score is 36.1, which is higher than the average for the UAE and the world,
- The passing score is 99%,
- Score from the DSIB – "Outstanding" nine consecutive years,
- Compulsory wearing of school uniforms.
Facilities and equipment at Modern Academy – Dubai
The academy's campus is located in Nad Al Sheba, Dubai. The infrastructure of the educational institution is truly innovative - many premises are equipped in the educational buildings using new technologies:
- Five ICT laboratories,
- Four large computer classrooms,
- Center for Space Innovation Makers,
- Library with reading room,
- Meditation Garden,
- Sensory Garden,
- Interactive learning management system Phoenix Classroom,
- Lecture classes.
The school regularly purchases new technical equipment.
Sports infrastructure of the campus:
- Four basketball courts,
- Two football fields,
- Cricket field,
- Volleyball court,
- Eight-lane track with areas for competition: long jump, shot put, discus and javelin throw,
- Two 25-meter swimming pools with areas for primary classes, water games,
- Cricket nets on the playground with lighting,
- Three tennis courts,
- Multi-purpose hall for badminton, basketball,
- Bicycle, roller track.
Admission dates and extra charges
Dates of the academic year:
- Semester: April-June,
- Summer Camp: July 4-August 3,
- Semester: August-December,
- Semester: January-March.
Holidays take place during international and national holidays, during summer holidays. Classes are organized for five days: from Monday to Friday, high school students periodically study on Saturdays.
- School uniforms – available on campus,
- School diary – $4.30,
- ID card – $2.90,
- The Council's registration fee for ninth-graders is $15,
- Exam fee for grades 10 and 12 – $225,
- Application fee for applicants – $ 143,
- Registration deposit – 10% of the total tuition fee.
The process of admission to modern Academy can be completed remotely by filling out an online questionnaire. It is necessary to upload the required documents, then obtain an SR number from the admissions office as a sign of successful registration. The employee will report the date of the interview and entrance test, according to the results of which the enrollment will take place.
Graduates of the school are truly confident in their abilities, so they easily enter the desired universities. In recent years, Modern Academy students have continued their studies at such universities as:
- University of Bristol, UK,
- University of British Columbia, Canada
- American Academy of Music and Drama, USA.
The most frequently chosen direction for further education is engineering (28.7%), followed by medicine and management (10.3% each).
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to the Modern Academy, applicants must provide:
- Copies of personal documents: passports of the child (or birth certificate) and parents, visa,
- Two recent photos of a child,
- School reports for the last two years, including any documents to support learning. To enroll in the first grade, a report from the kindergarten is required,
- School health form (can be downloaded on the institution's website),
- Transfer certificate or school leaving certificate,
- Original Emirates identity card for the child and both parents.
Scholarships Modern Academy – Dubai
The school provides a discount program for several children from the same family:
- 15% – third child,
- 25% – fourth child,
- 50% is the fifth child.
The academy also has a new scholarship program that rewards students for their success in academia, creativity and performing arts, sports, innovation and digital technologies. A scholarship (reduced tuition fee) is awarded for one academic year.
Particularly active students have the opportunity to participate in the Duke of Edinburgh International Prize: the prize rewards students from 14 to 24 years old for their comprehensive development, innovation and distinctive skills.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Modern Academy – Dubai
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.