Dubai American Academy
Description of Dubai American Academy
- Year of foundation: 1998
- Location: Dubai, UAE
- Age of students: 3–18;
- Number of students: 2750;
- Language of instruction: English;
- Type: day school.
Dubai American Academy is the leading American school in Dubai, offering both an American advanced program and an International Baccalaureate Diploma. Prepares students from KG1 to grade 12.
It was founded in 1998, since 2002 it has been training under the International Baccalaureate program. In 2006, a primary school was opened, and in 2017 the school moved to a new spacious and modern campus that meets the requirements of the XXI century.
It is the only American school in Dubai to have received a KHDA "Outstanding" rating and has held it since 2011.
From kindergarten to the second grade, each class has one teacher and one teacher. In grades 3-5, in addition, there are teaching assistants.
Classes begin at 7:40 a.m., and end at 2:45 p.m. for grades 1 through 5, and at 2:55 p.m. for high school students. Classes last from Monday to Friday (Friday is a short day and lessons end at 12:00).
Things to know about
Among all the schools in the UAE, the Dubai American Academy boasts the largest representation of nationalities - representatives of 110 peoples study here, among which most of all are Americans and Canadians, Indians, Egyptians, Koreans and Lebanese.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Dubai American Academy
Accommodation, meals, prices
Located in a convenient location at the intersection of Sheikh Zayed and Hess streets in the central part of Dubai, Al Barsha district, a few minutes from the most important city highways, with easy access to the metro and a well-thought-out system of urban transport.
The new campus offers high-end infrastructure that meets all international standards, preserving the heritage, values and traditions of this outstanding school.
A hostel is not provided, students independently decide on the issue of accommodation. There is a system of paid bus routes to deliver students to the place of study and back.
Activities Dubai American Academy
The school offers a wide range of activities, varying by school year and class:
- LEGO Club,
- running club,
- gaming court hearings,
- debate club,
- sports and classical dances,
- recitation of the Quran,
- student council,
- Model United Nations,
- filmmaking and cinematography,
- storytelling and screenwriting,
- mathematics club.
Some classes are conducted by teachers and high school students, for others the school hires outsourced specialists (classes in this case are paid).
The school is a member of the Junior Emirates Athletic Conference (Jr EAC), which brings together teams of football, athletes and basketball players in grades 3–6.
- Respect for the person and inclusiveness;
- Multiculturalism and diversity;
- Striving for excellence;
- Commitment to sustainable development, human well-being and the environment;
- Compliance with high ethical standards and moral principles.
Facilities and equipment at Dubai American Academy
The modern campus with an area of over 70,000 square meters is:
- Common learning areas for each level of study;
- Separate rooms for learning foreign languages with language equipment;
- Center of Excellence in AI and Robotics;
- 10 interdisciplinary scientific laboratories for experiments in the field of chemistry, physics and biology;
- Technological complex, including workshops and sewing shop;
- A spacious library with a large collection of literature and access to electronic full-text databases;
- Studios for painting, graphics, 3D-design;
- Ceramic workshop and kiln;
- Dark room for developing analog photography and printing photographs;
- Music rooms with sound insulation;
- Recording studio and editing rooms;
- Theater with modern sound, lighting equipment, controlled backdrop and auditorium for 560 seats;
- Television studio;
- Radio room.
In addition, students can use a variety of sports infrastructure:
- Main sports hall with 3 basketball courts and sliding automatic stands;
- Indoor treadmill and fitness track, fitness room;
- Indoor golf simulator;
- Running track 400 meters;
- Basketball courts and a football field with artificial turf;
- Indoor playgrounds;
- Outdoor play areas on the roof;
- 3 football fields with natural cover;
- Tennis courts;
- 50-meter Olympic-class swimming pool;
- Swimming pool for younger schoolchildren;
For those who want to have a snack, a canteen for 600 seats and an additional dining room, two cafeterias for students of different ages, a cafeteria for parents are organized.
Admission dates and extra charges
Along with the tuition fees, additional fees are charged:
- An application fee of AED 525 is payable at the time of application and is non-refundable (except in cases of refusal of admission by the school);
- Registration deposit in the amount of 10% of the total cost of training for the year is non-refundable;
- Re-registration deposit in the amount of 5% of the cost of annual training. Guarantees a place for the next academic year, is non-refundable.
Tuition fees include textbooks and iPads (in elementary and middle school), internal extracurricular activities. School uniforms, meals, transport and external activities are paid separately.
The administration assumes that high school students will use their own laptop.
For admission in the middle of the school year, tuition fees are charged from the month of enrollment. Payment can be charged one-time in advance or in three payments: the first payment is 40%, the remaining - 30% each.
- Send a request. After completing and submitting the application, applicants receive a request number. It must be preserved and used in the future for inquiries and correspondence;
- A confirmation letter will be sent to the e-mail address specified during registration with the order of further actions;
- The next step is to pay AED 525 registration fee (non-refundable, non-refundable and non-transferable);
- Upload documents to continue registration;
- After uploading the full package of documents, the admission committee will consider them and contact the applicant to inform about the decision.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
When submitting an application, a number of documents must be attached:
- Passport and birth certificate of the child;
- Passport photo (fresh, colored, 2 pcs.);
- Parent or sponsorship visa;
- Passports of both parents or sponsor;
- Applicant's visa.
In addition, it is necessary to provide:
- Up-to-date contact details of both parents and emergency phone numbers;
- Information about allergies and special medical conditions;
- A fresh vaccination card.
Scholarships Dubai American Academy
The school provides a discount to families with several children: 25% for the fourth and 50% for the fifth child in the family.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Dubai American Academy
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.