Cambridge International School – Dubai
Description of Cambridge International School – Dubai
- Year of foundation: 2013
- Location: Dubai, UAE
- Age of students: 3-18
- Number of students: 2720
- Language of instruction: English
- Type of education: non-state non-denominational school.
The school is located on a spacious campus and is divided into two sections - primary (up to grade 6 inclusive) and secondary (from 7 to 13). It is considered one of the best in the city in terms of the amount of excellent teaching, wide development opportunities and excellent equipment.
Training is conducted according to the British national program: students are prepared for the course of the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE), Advanced Subdidiary (AS) and A-Level exams at Cambridge and London universities.
Cambridge International School in Dubai is marked by numerous awards, demonstrates the outstanding success of students in both academic and extracurricular activities - sports, arts, social life.
The school is accredited and is a member of a number of international associations:
- Association of British Schools Abroad (meaning that the school is officially recognised by the uk's national Ministry of Education);
- Cambridge Assessment International Education Centre (CAIE);
- The Centre for Professional Development at the University of Cambridge;
- the Duke of Edinburgh International Awards Association;
- Oxford AQA Centre;
- Pearson Edexcel and NOSPearson BTEC (Council for Business and Technology Education);
- SAT (one of the 4 certified centers in Dubai);
- the British Council as an IELTS examination centre;
- Member of the British Schools in the Middle East (BSME) group;
- DASSA Sports Association is the largest in the UAE;
- the Dubai School Games Group, which allows you to compete with other private and public Dubai schools;
- ASDAN (as a course operator).
Faculties and colleges
The school uses the traditional English school system of Houses. Pupils are distributed among the Houses in the year of enrolment; an annual competition for the school prize is held between them.
Things to know about
Students undergo regular medical examinations, the provision of medical care is carried out by specialists of the Department of Health and Medical Care, the Department of Primary Health Care of the Government of Dubai.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Cambridge International School – Dubai
Accommodation, meals, prices
The school's campus is located a few steps from the Al Atwar Library, in Dubai's Deira, half an hour's drive from Dubai International Airport, in the middle of a prestigious residential area inhabited by diplomats, businessmen and wealthy foreigners.
There is no dormitory, students and their families independently decide on the issue of accommodation and meals outside the school. The campus is connected with the surrounding settlements by a well-thought-out system of bus routes (the service is paid separately, depending on the settlement, we are talking about 5-6.5 thousand AED per year).
Activities Cambridge International School – Dubai
Along with academic , great importance is given to extracurricular activities - both in the field of sports and in the field of fine, expressive arts, music.
The school offers to do:
- artistic gymnastics,
Outside the campus, sailing, climbing wall, horse riding are also possible.
In addition, the school can be engaged in drawing and sculpture, carpentry, origami and papier-mâché; There are two choirs, classical and jazz orchestras, several dozen amateur ensembles of instrumental music, groups of classical and modern dances.
Most of the extracurricular activities are included in the cost of the main course; Some activities (judo, sailing, horse riding) may require an additional fee.
- The British national curriculum gives teenagers a world-recognized education, a comprehensive approach to learning offers incredibly wide opportunities for transfer and excellent chances for admission to the most prestigious world universities;
- Unique international experience;
- International worldview.
Facilities and equipment at Cambridge International School – Dubai
- Excellently equipped ballroom for 800 seats;
- 4 computer laboratories with more than 150 modern PCs;
- Media Laboratory;
- School radio station;
- Educational editorial office of the print media, which publishes a monthly magazine and a wall newspaper;
- Two art studios and a recording studio, offering students the widest range of opportunities for research and self-expression;
- A well-stocked library equipped with workplaces for students and staff;
- 2 medical offices, a nurse and a full-time doctor.
The school is certified as a microsoft demo and model and is in the process of Being certified by Apple; this allows students to enrich the experience with a large number of extracurricular activities outside the curriculum:
- CISCO IT Fundamentals,
- Digital literacy from Microsoft,
- Fast/blind printing,
- LEGO Robotics Club,
- ICT Coding Club,
- Creative club IT.
Classrooms are equipped with state-of-the-art ICT resources: desktop computers with touch screens, interactive panels, desks and whiteboards, cameras and projectors, tablets and laptops for teachers.
No less impressive is the sports equipment of the school, designed to help lead an active and healthy lifestyle:
- sports arena and multi-purpose hall,
- playground with grass and modern equipment for students up to grade 2 inclusive,
- football field of standard size with artificial turf,
- gyms and gyms with air conditioning.
Additionally, there is a bookstore on campus where you can buy books, workbooks and stationery.
Healthy snacks and drinks can be bought in the dining room. The canteen is serviced by Slices, payment is made by bank transfer.
Admission dates and extra charges
Classes last from Monday to Friday; Monday to Thursday from 7:20 to 15:00, Friday from 7:40 to 11:30.
Cambridge International School in Dubai is inclusive, so all students without exception, who are able to meaningfully perceive themselves as part of the school's staff and follow the program, can count on a place here. At the same time, the number of places is limited, for a number of age groups there is a queue.
To enroll in Cambridge International School in Dubai, you must perform a number of actions:
- Fill out the registration form and get the student request identification number;
- Pay a fee = 525 AED (can be refunded in case of a negative answer from the admission committee);
- Collect the necessary package of documents and make a personal visit to the educational institution for an interview with representatives of the administration;
- Once registered, the applicant is placed on a waiting list and will be called for entrance examinations or evaluation as places become available;
- Enrollment is based on the results of the evaluation review, depending on the availability of available places.
For high school students, it is also necessary to attach a letter of recommendation from the director or teacher of the school where the child is currently studying (with translation into English or Arabic).
Graduates of the school were admitted to 1,050 universities in 53 countries, including 66 of the top 100 best universities in the world.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
- FS1 – The student must be 3 years old by August 31 of the school year.
- FS2 – The student must be 4 years old by August 31 of the school year.
A number of documents are required for enrollment:
- A copy of a student's passport with a valid UAE resident visa,
- A copy of the student's birth certificate (in Arabic or English),
- Copy of Emirates Student ID (both parties),
- Copies of parental identity cards of a UAE citizen (both sides), passport and visa,
- A copy of the final school report (in English).
- Original Certificate of Transfer from the previous school (only after confirmation of admission).
- Application fee receipt = AED 525 (non-refundable if the offer is rejected).
10% of the tuition fee is paid when enrolled as a deposit.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Cambridge International School – Dubai
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.