- The aims and advantages of international schools and colleges abroad
- How to choose an international college abroad
- Types of popular programs for students
- List of prestigious international colleges abroad
International schools and colleges abroad (Six-form Colleges, Tutorial Colleges) is a special type of educational institution where foreign students can prepare for entering universities or obtain a narrow profile education and a diploma.
The aims and advantages of international schools and colleges abroad
Study abroad allows students not only to enroll in an educational course, but also enables foreign students to immerse themselves in the linguistic and cultural environment of the country, to adapt to local life.
Other advantages and objectives of international schools:
- overcoming the difficulties associated with teaching in a foreign language
- focus on learning
- intensive academic classes
- flexible education system
- additional linguistic courses
- adaptation in the country / university
- gaining quality knowledge
- low cost of education
- small classes
- a wide range of specialties and programs
- the possibility of reducing the duration of courses.
How to choose an international college abroad
You can go through the university preparation program in any country, but the undoubted leader in the number of educational institutions is Great Britain. When choosing, it is necessary to take into account the curriculum and choose what corresponds to your interests and requirements. Also note that many colleges and schools with a pre-university program cooperate with universities around the world and often provide the possibility of translation without additional testing.
The main criterion is the academic program: the potential student must independently assess the level of knowledge and choose the option for himself so that he can be most effectively prepared for entering the university. It should be borne in mind that international schools and colleges compose programs adapted to prepare for the entry of specific foreign universities.
Unlike private schools, the curriculum does not provide for compulsory sports and creative pursuits, since the main goal is to prepare students for the successful passing of the exam.
Types of popular programs for students
Choose the appropriate university and program, build a plan for further education will help employees of the company SMAPSE - specialists are ready to help in solving any organizational issues. For each category of courses and programs, there are own rules and a set of necessary documents for admission.
- University Pathway - after passing the program you can go to an American university or college without taking the TOEFL / IETLS / GMAT / SAT exams. A prerequisite is a university and a language school where you will take the Pathway course, should be partners. The length of the course depends on the level of knowledge of the English language and is usually 8-16 weeks. This is one of the simplest and most reliable ways to enroll in a US higher education institution.
- Transfer program - a program with a guarantee of transfer to the university: the year of study at the college will be equivalent to the first year of undergraduate studies at the university. A kind of analogue of the University Pathway.
- The International Foundation Year is the year of preparation for entering the university on the basis of universities, colleges and schools for foreign students whose English is not native. The length of the course depends on the level of English - the lower the level, the longer the duration and vice versa. With the cooperation of a private college with a university, admission can be guaranteed without entrance examinations, with enough points in the exam after the course finishes.
- GCSE (General Certificate of Secondary Education) is a program for obtaining a certificate of compulsory secondary education in the UK for students from 14-16 years old. The curriculum includes 5-10 subjects: several subjects are compulsory, the other student chooses independently, and can choose additional disciplines. The program is designed for 2 years, but a number of schools offer education for 1 year in intensive mode. Continue learning can be on the A-Level or IB programs.
- A-Level - a pre-university program for obtaining a certificate of full secondary education in the UK: it is estimated in the certificate when entering the university assess the knowledge and abilities of the student. Academic classes are designed for 2 years, but if desired, you can complete the education for 1 year. From a large selection of programs, the student chooses 3-6 subjects for study, focusing on the chosen specialty for further education at a higher educational institution.
- IB (International Baccalaureate) - the program is designed in Switzerland to consider the formation of one country equivalent to the national one: the IB diploma allows you to enter a number of universities without entrance examinations and is highly ranked around the world. The student chooses 6 subjects for training and half of them studies at an advanced level. Unlike the A-Level, where students choose profile subjects, the IB course does not oblige students to be identified with the future profession upon admission - they can make their choice later.
- Pre-Master - a program designed for students entering the Master's program abroad (duration from 3 to 11 months). Usually the course takes place on the basis of a university or in a specialized educational institution, which is a partner of the university. The curriculum includes linguistic programs and profile subjects.
List of prestigious international colleges abroad
- Rider University Kings College New Jersey in USA, New Jersey. Available programs: University Pathway and Pre-Masters. The college is intended for those wishing to prepare for entering the university of the United States. The cost of the University Pathway program is 37,650 $ per year, Pre-Masters - 6,430 $ per term.
- Queen Ethelburga's College in the UK, York. Students can be studied in middle-class courses, on the A-Level or GCSE program. The college is an elite educational institution - students from the famous families are studied here, representatives of more than 50 nationalities choose this place every year.
- Fraser International College in Canada, Vancouver. Transfer program based on the popular Simon Fraser University is available for students from 16 years, the cost of education per year is 18,000 CAD $.