- The advantages of studying in Oxford for foreign students
- Accommodation options in the best schools in Oxford
- Features of the organization of leisure for foreign students
- Features of teaching in schools and colleges of Oxford.
- TOP-3 best schools in Oxford
The first thing that comes to mind when we talk about studying abroad is Oxford: the most famous university city in the world, because here is the oldest university in Europe. In Oxford, millions of people all over the world dream of studying. In this city there are several dozen private schools and colleges.
The advantages of studying in Oxford for foreign students
- Education in all schools and colleges in Oxford is in English;
- The quality of education in Oxford is undoubtedly one of the best in the world, which is confirmed by the first lines in world ratings. Academic base, educational resources and modern equipment of classes allows students to receive high quality education. Private schools offer various study programs with in-depth study of school subjects and foreign languages;
- Studying in Oxford, students immerse themselves in the intercultural environment: 40% of students in Oxford - foreign students. Here students find new friends from different countries of the world;
- Oxford is an hour's drive from London: museums, excursions, shopping and metropolitan clubs are a great time for free time;
- In Oxford, much attention is paid to the sports development of students: in addition to the usual sports - football, volleyball, hockey - in Oxford, now actively practicing rare sports, like a paw.
Accommodation options in the best schools in Oxford
Foreign students and students live in comfortable residences on the school grounds. Rooms, as a rule, are designed for 1 or 2 people, where there is everything necessary for life.
Features of the organization of leisure for foreign students
All of Oxford's top schools organize interesting leisure time and extra-curricular activities for their students. Excursions around the city and the surrounding area help to get acquainted with the history and sights. On weekends, they often organize theme parties that introduce foreign students to local traditions. Sports sections and events have a positive impact on the physical development of students, and all kinds of competitions develop both creative abilities and leadership qualities and the ability to work in a team - everything is aimed at developing and becoming a strong personality.
Features of teaching in schools and colleges of Oxford.
- The academic year is divided into 3 terms: autumn, spring, summer
- Many Oxford schools are traditionally separate (for boys or girls), but there are many combined schools
- For foreign students favorable conditions for immersion in the local atmosphere and improving the knowledge of a foreign language are created, in many schools additional classes for in-depth study of the English language
TOP-3 best schools in Oxford
- Bloxham school is a private school, ready to receive students from different countries of the world from 11 to 18 years. It is considered to be one of the oldest schools in Great Britain, it has a high level of teaching and a good reputation among universities. The education here is joint: there are just over 400 students studying at the school, which makes the atmosphere friendly and relaxed. In addition to studying the subjects of the school curriculum, great attention is paid to etiquette, students are brought up in conditions of intelligence, honesty and tolerance. The level of academic education is high, especially the exact sciences. In Bloxham school, elective classes on business management, politics are popular, and for creative students - design, music, art. Accommodation is organized in 5 residential buildings on the territory of the boarding school. Tuition with accommodation starts at 9,995 £ / trimester.
- Headington School is a well-known, elite boarding school for girls. Foreign students can go to school from the age of 11. A large beautiful area, modern classroom equipment, a friendly atmosphere and a high level of academic education make the Headington school an ideal place to study. Graduates of the school easily enter the leading universities of the country. In the Headington school from the 8th grade, a Spanish foreign language is added as a must, in the curriculum there appears dramatic art and theater. Particular attention is paid to the sports development of students: in the daily schedule there are sections such as equestrian sport, fencing, rowing. Accommodation is provided in the residences on the school grounds. The cost of education depends on the age of the students and the selected program - from 8,745 £ / term (with full board accommodation).
- Abingdon School is a prestigious boarding school for boys. The campus of the school consists of 10 ancient buildings, including several educational buildings, a sports building, 3 residences for living. Luxurious infrastructure, modern equipment and a high level of education create ideal conditions for study and personal development in the Abingdon school. One of the 20 sports is necessarily included in the individual plan of the student. In addition to the usual sports: football, basketball, tennis, the student can choose and fencing, golf, sailing - all conditions for this are at Abingdon school. Accommodation is organized in residences on the school grounds for several people in a room. For high school students, there is the possibility of accommodation in an individual room. The cost is from 12,320 £ / trimester (with full board accommodation).