Study abroad in the modern world is a prestigious direction, which opens new opportunities for students around the world. The most popular countries with the largest number of educational institutions are the United States and Great Britain, educational institutions in Europe are equally popular: Switzerland, France, Germany, Italy and other countries.
All over the world, foreign education is valued: the largest international companies gladly accept graduates of international universities to work, and according to students, studying abroad becomes one of the most vivid memories in their lives. While studying abroad, students develop independence, get new experience, get out of the comfort zone (in a good way), get acquainted with the culture of foreign countries, expand the circle of communication and very productively spend time among their peers even in their free time.
Academic Programs Abroad
Stages of education:
- pre-school education (kindergartens)
- secondary education (primary, secondary, senior)
- Pre-university courses (University Pathway, Transfer Program, International One Year, International Foundation, A-Level)
- higher education (baccalaureate)
- postgraduate education (master's, doctoral, MBA).
Pre-school education for children
Kindergartens or special centers are not provided in every country, but wherever they exist, children from 3 to 6 years old usually study there. Education is carried out in the game and mainly teachers pay attention to raising children and developing them as individuals.
Secondary education in foreign schools
The acquisition of secondary education is usually enshrined in national legislation, where the age will be established when the child must go to school and start education.
Foreign students, as a rule, study in private boarding schools: they can enter any stage of education if the language and academic skills correspond to the requirements of the educational institution. At the end of the school, graduates receive certificates of maturity or diplomas of secondary education.
Pre-university programs abroad
Graduates of schools enter the preparatory courses to improve the level of academic preparation before entering the university (or if the difference in the educational systems of different countries requires this). Education in some preparatory courses allows you to continue to enter universities without entrance examinations, or even to transfer immediately to the 2-3 courses, for example, after the University Pathway or University Transfer program. On pre-university programs, students begin to study the academic program, attend language classes to improve the level of knowledge of a foreign language.
Higher education in universities of the world
Education in foreign universities is very popular and prestigious. Students begin to prepare for studying abroad at school, because for admission to the top schools it is necessary to have a high level of foreign language knowledge and good academic preparation.
A wide range of directions is available all over the world: for example, in the United States there are developed fields of political science, business, engineering, in Switzerland hotel and tourist business, in France - cooking and international tourism, in Italy - design and fashion, in the Czech Republic - medicine and jurisprudence .
Linguistic programs abroad
There are many language schools for foreign students in different countries of the world. Studying abroad a foreign language is very effective for students of any age: teachers use unique methods of teaching, and daily practice with native speakers will help to consolidate the studied, students quickly destroy the language barrier, begin to confidently talk in a foreign language. The duration and intensity of a general linguistic course will depend on the level of language knowledge and the desired results.
A sample list of available languages for study:
For students who need to pass a language exam for admission to the university, special courses are available:
- CAE and others.
Tuition fees for foreign students
Short-term courses or long-term educational programs are available for students from families with any income level: there are both elite schools / universities and budget options. A fee or a scholarship for studying abroad is available for a fee-paying education, which will help to cover the costs of study and living - practically every student who wants to study abroad has a chance to receive financial support. Scholarships are provided by universities, the Government of the countries and other interested organizations.
Examples of well-known scholarship programs:
- Academic Excellence (UK)
- John Henry Brookes Scholarships (UK)
- Global Education (Russia)
- Government of Ireland Scholarship (Ireland)
- Fulbright Scholarship (United States)
- Global UGRAD (United States of America)
- Orange Tulip Scholarship (Holland).
Summer Holidays and Study Abroad
Another popular destination is visiting summer camps or schools for students: during summer holidays, participants of summer programs will spend their holidays with benefit, because in addition to entertainment, students are offered language courses to improve the level of knowledge of a foreign language. This format of education helps students to adapt to the foreign educational system and life in another country, which will be an advantage for those who want to continue studying abroad at a school, college or university. At the end of the language classes in the summer camp, the students take the exam and receive certificates confirming their level of knowledge.
You can combine the visits of the summer school with a cultural program, sports training, creative activity, medical courses, cinema studies, IT, programming, cookery courses, scientific activities. Popular sports destinations in children's camps are football, horse riding, tennis, golf, basketball, rugby and others.
Examples of top educational institutions abroad
- College Du Leman (Geneva, Switzerland) - a boarding school on the shores of Lake Geneva is part of the worldwide network "Meritas Family of Schools" and offers bilingual education in French and English. School programs: primary, middle, GCSE, A-Level, International Baccalaureate, French Baccalaureate, Swiss Federal Maturite, French, Spanish and English courses. Tuition fees - from 41,500 ₣ / semester with accommodation.
- Cambridge University (Cambridge, UK) - one of the most famous universities in the world is top ranked and is popular with students. The structure of modern Cambridge includes 31 independent colleges (2 offer magistracy and doctoral studies, 29 - bachelor's degree), for students open access to the resources of 114 libraries, 9 museums, and the campus is located on the campus - Cambridge. Tuition fees - from 3,940 £ / term.
- Harvard University (Massachusetts, USA) - the University is a member of the prestigious "Ivy League" association and annually receives a high evaluation of the quality of education. Popular areas: social and human sciences, biology, engineering. The cost of education is from 56,000 $ / year.
- Barcelona Experience (Barcelona, Spain) - children's football camp for students from 5 to 15 years: here you can visit not only language courses, but also professional sports training. Even students with a minimum level of knowledge of a foreign language will be as comfortable as possible to stay here. The cost of education is from 1,170 € / week.
- Kaplan Toronto (Toronto, Canada) is a language school with English language education for students over 16 years old. Available courses are academic or business English, preparation for TOEFL, IELTS, general English course. The cost of education is from 420 CAD $.